There I was all set to do a little browsing with my PB via my 9810 and surprisingly the Bridge Browser icon has disappeared. A quick restart and reset of "BB Bridge" did not make it return. I wonder what gives!!!!!

FWIW, I'm running.OS 1.0.8.6067.
    01-03-12 07:33 AM
    You know where it should be right ?
    home screen, upper right, little gear icon. Tap it and on the left in the menu of options, open BlackBerry Bridge.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-03-12 at 07:46 AM.
    01-03-12 07:41 AM
    There I was all set to do a little browsing with my PB via my 9810 and surprisingly the Bridge Browser icon has disappeared. A quick restart and reset of "BB Bridge" did not make it return. I wonder what gives!!!!!

FWIW, I'm running.OS 1.0.8.6067.
    Just use the regular browser; that's what I do.
    01-03-12 07:51 AM
    Are your other Bridge apps there? Messages, Memo, Calendar, etc?
    01-03-12 09:04 AM
    Just use the regular browser; that's what I do.
    When I try to use the regular browser,...I get the infamous message,,,"you must have a tethering plan",..etc., you can access this webpage with your smartphone".
    01-03-12 09:59 AM
    When I try to use the regular browser,...I get the infamous message,,,"you must have a tethering plan",..etc., you can access this webpage with your smartphone".
    Did you download the bridge from app world?

If you did goto rroyy.com and download the non-AT&T restricted version
    01-03-12 11:19 AM
    Did you download the bridge from app world?

If you did goto rroyy.com and download the non-AT&T restricted version
    +1, sounds like the At&T bridge limitation ...
    Search the forum for the rroy OTA; should do the trick.
    01-03-12 12:01 PM
    ...Just like that, the "Bridge Browser" is back. I'm happy again!

Edit: I don't believe the "BB PB Bridge" app is dependent on AT&T,...unlike the BB Bridge app for AT&T BBs. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 01-03-12 at 02:20 PM.
    01-03-12 02:16 PM
    Now I'm confused. Within wifi range and connected to wifi, the REGULAR PB browser should not give that message. The Bridge Browser is the one affected by AT&T's limitation. Outside of wifi range, then the regular browser can use the phone (and therefore, bridge).

But in any event, as mentioned, if you delete the Bridge app on your phone and then using your PHONE go to rroyy.com and find the Bridge app for your phone/OS, and download OTA, you will avoid that AT&T limitation.

But it sounds as if you are back in business.
    01-03-12 03:07 PM
    Now I'm confused. Within wifi range and connected to wifi, the REGULAR PB browser should not give that message. The Bridge Browser is the one affected by AT&T's limitation. Outside of wifi range, then the regular browser can use the phone (and therefore, bridge).

But in any event, as mentioned, if you delete the Bridge app on your phone and then using your PHONE go to rroyy.com and find the Bridge app for your phone/OS, and download OTA, you will avoid that AT&T limitation.

But it sounds as if you are back in business.
    I turn "WiFi" off while at work,...this way my IT guys 1) doesn't see my PB's connection on the network. I also don't connect my BB on the company's network,...again, alleviate's what I'm doing when idle at my desk. I surf the web via on PB via BB BT connection.

I only go to work related sites and CNN on work PC.
    01-04-12 02:46 AM
    here I was all set to do a little browsing with my PB via my 9810 and surprisingly the Bridge Browser icon has disappeared. A quick restart and reset of "BB Bridge" did not make it return. its really great..
    01-04-12 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD