I was just chatting in the #playbook-dev IRC channel and asked the question "is it really so critical that the bottom-right corner swipe be reserved?"

Then it suddenly dawned on me... phones.

Bottom-right swipe will pop open the phone capability.

'Nuff said.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    11-15-11 09:33 PM
    Yes you're right the bottom right swipe, there's no outcome for it

That would be cool swipe the bottom right and your phone screen pops-up

You could transfer files, arrange icons..., or maybe your phone's camera pops-up
    wrusprod likes this.
    11-15-11 10:23 PM
    its already cool enough we can swipe the keyboard at ANY given time, and insert secret codes, look at the possibilities! Imagine with the NDK, someone makes a hotkeys app that lets you use secret keyboard entries to launch things or do things! :O
    11-16-11 12:10 AM
    maybe if you swipe at the right ratio of angle and acceleration you invoke PB OS 3.1415 like the one astronauts have in NASA in outer space
    mundo472 and 1425956 like this.
    11-20-11 10:32 PM
    I was just chatting in the #playbook-dev IRC channel and asked the question "is it really so critical that the bottom-right corner swipe be reserved?"o

Then it suddenly dawned on me... phones.

Bottom-right swipe will pop open the phone capability.

'Nuff said.
    What server is that channel on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 03:44 PM
    The #playbook-dev (and, now #bbx-python) channels are on Freenode
    11-22-11 07:12 PM
    I can see it now…

You're driving down a rather desolate street and a guy is texting and runs a stop sign, plowing into your driver's side door. He crashes forward, smashing his phone between his airbag and his body, shattering it into a million pieces. You're knocked unconscious from hit. The guy gets out of his car and runs to check on you. There's no one around. You're out cold. He has to call for help. His phone is destroyed… But then he realizes, surely you have a phone. He looks in the car and finds it. Time is of the essence. Your life could depend on his ability to get help. …And he can't figure out how to get the phone app to come up on your phone…

You know, people may hate hard keys, but I always enjoyed knowing that anyone from my nephew to my grandmother would know how to access the phone part of my phone.
    11-22-11 11:40 PM
    maybe if you swipe at the right ratio of angle and acceleration you invoke PB OS 3.1415 like the one astronauts have in NASA in outer space
    They will call that one BlackBerry Pie! Get it?? Get it?? No? No? Ok sorry. I apologize for my corniness.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-23-11 07:39 PM
    For what it is worth, the bottom right swipe is used on the simulator to change orientation. Its not really a swipe though, just a touch-point.
    11-23-11 08:45 PM
    The simulator bezel gestures used to be full swipes, but they changed that some time around launch (can't recall exactly when) so you just have to "touch" (i.e. click, with the mouse) to make it easier on devs. Nice thought, I guess, though I'm still trained to swipe even with the mouse.
    11-24-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD