I had a "genius" work around until RIM fixes the Bookmarks section of their browser. I was going to use Air Browser to organize my 300 bookmarks into folders and subfolders (the home screen does not allow for subfolders, and I rather not clutter it up anyways).

When I was going to do this I realized that the "Bookmarks" folder on the system has been removed from OS2, and I cannot create one there (a little annoying), and so I was going to make the folders in the "Documents" folder. That works at least.

I dragged my bookmarks from the desktop to the folder (through File Sharing) and had it nicely organized. The problem was that I could not open any of them. I then realized that because I am using a mac, it saves the bookmarks as .Webloc. Both Safari and Chrome saves it this way.

My question is what format does the website bookmark have to be? Is it .Url, like in windows, or is it something made for PlayBook only?

Is this even possible, what I am attempting to do? Or do I have to suck it up and clutter up my Home Screen or scroll through hundreds of randomly organized bookmarks? The Browser will not even save "organized" bookmarks in that list view... and even if it did, that isn't of use for me. My only other thought would be to have a document file with the links... but again, that is just not ideal to me either.
    Skimmer90 likes this.
    03-01-12 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD