I could use some help with my Bluetooth.
    I paired a device and it says it's paired but it's not connected. And the button to connect it is greyed out and not pushable.
    What would cause that? And can it be fixed?
    05-24-12 05:35 AM
    What type of device are you trying o connect to?
    05-24-12 08:02 AM
    I'm connecting to an obd2 Bluetooth we reader for vehicles.
    05-24-12 04:48 PM
    I think he means what kind of phone or device. Isn't the obd2 a diagnostic tool for auto codes. If so that's a first I heard about a blues tooth code scanner
    05-24-12 06:19 PM
    Even if you do establish a BT connection between the OBD2 reader and the PlayBook, as far as I am aware there are no apps available to use it and the Android OBD2 apps can't access BT through the Android player - unless I am wrong.
    05-24-12 07:38 PM
    I have an app that can utilize the data if I can just get it to connect. It is paired. That was easy. Connecting though has been a challenge, and I'm not sure why.
    05-24-12 08:02 PM
    Android apps do not have access to the bluetooth stack for bidirectional communication. If you are trying to use the app I'm honking of, you're out of luck.

Also, the API's for bluetooth have not been released to native devs yet either AFAIK.
    05-24-12 11:12 PM
    i have tried this on a 8520 curve, but not pb, might need converting.
    Download Auto Mobile software
    05-25-12 10:51 AM
    I have an app that can utilize the data if I can just get it to connect. It is paired. That was easy. Connecting though has been a challenge, and I'm not sure why.
    Kenneth, just for curiosity's sake, which app have you got to utilize the data?
    05-25-12 12:04 PM
    torque

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    05-26-12 08:23 AM
    Yeah I hate to break it to you but that's not going to work...

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/
    Unsupported Hardware Features
    The following hardware features are not currently supported. Apps that use these features are typically incompatible. If your app uses any of these features but you feel that it should still be functional on a BlackBerry PlayBook, you should make sure to fully test the app to ensure their use does not impact the usability or core functionality of your app before submitting it to App World.

Telephony (including SMS and MMS)
    Bluetooth
    Camera - The intent to launch the camera is supported. However, currently the Camera class in the Android SDK is not supported. As a result, although you can launch the camera application, you cannot access the Camera hardware.
    NFC
    Barometer
    Ambient light sensor
    Proximity sensor
    VoIP
    Any of the following key configuration requirements:

Five-way navigation keys
    Hardware keyboard
    Twelve-key keyboard
    D-pad, trackball, or wheel navigation
    05-26-12 09:55 AM
    I could use some help with my Bluetooth.
    I paired a device and it says it's paired but it's not connected. And the button to connect it is greyed out and not pushable.
    What would cause that? And can it be fixed?
    Your ODB2 device most probably requires the bluetooth serial profile... which is not supported (except for bridging with BB phones). Had same problem with Bt GPS devices.

PB Bluetooth support is indeed very minimalistic. Hope next update will bring support for SP, FTP, PAN, OPP,BPP profiles. With BT 3.0
    05-28-12 05:49 AM
    Your ODB2 device most probably requires the bluetooth serial profile... which is not supported (except for bridging with BB phones). Had same problem with Bt GPS devices.

PB Bluetooth support is indeed very minimalistic. Hope next update will bring support for SP, FTP, PAN, OPP,BPP profiles. With BT 3.0
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Oh the apps I could build if only the APIs existed!
    05-28-12 09:40 PM
    Yeah I hate to break it to you but that's not going to work...

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/
    It won't even work for native apps yet. Required APIs don't exist yet.
    05-28-12 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD