Response

My response from Bloomberg after severalys to get an answer for video blocking on their site.

Attembting to play video gets error message :�This video is not authorized to play on your device�.

LOG: 7/13/11 13:25:34 Bloomberg Feedback Team
    Hello: Bloomberg posts videos in Flash. Device links to BLoomberg. Playbook
    does not play Flash. Adobe posts the "not authorized" message.
    Sincerely, Bloomberg Website Feedback Team:
    07-13-11 07:18 PM
    thot pb is like big on flash....why would they give u a bs response like that?
    08-31-11 09:48 AM
    I used to get that message on telegraph.co.uk so I kept sending their customer support angry messages until they sorted it, you just have to persevere unfortunately!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 12:10 PM
    Bloomberg is one of the mainstream american media outlets that is paid to make anything apple look like news and anything BlackBerry look like a disaster. This is just good business in their minds. Circling the wagons around the made in america brands is nothing new, its how the west was won.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-08-11 06:02 AM
    Yes made in America like so many things. Maybe corporate is in America but that isn't where they are made.
    11-08-11 07:06 AM
    Bloomberg is one of the mainstream american media outlets that is paid to make anything apple look like news and anything BlackBerry look like a disaster. This is just good business in their minds. Circling the wagons around the made in america brands is nothing new, its how the west was won.
    Interesting reasoning. I was unaware that's how Bloomberg made their money.
    11-08-11 08:58 AM
    Interesting reasoning. I was unaware that's how Bloomberg made their money.
    He's talking absolute nonsense. Anyone who knows even the most basic info about Bloomberg is aware that almost all of its revenue is derived from selling financial data through terminals, not through advertising sales like other media outlets.
    11-08-11 09:21 AM
    Do you know what type of video format they use?

The Playbook does not support Mp4 and variants in streaming.
    11-13-11 07:30 PM
    Do you know what type of video format they use?

The Playbook does not support Mp4 and variants in streaming.
    Is that true? I had no idea, so I searched for "streaming mp4" and found what appear to be some samples in the top 10 hits, and they worked fine.

Here's one example that seems to stream just fine (starts playing within a second or two, though it's a 65 second video). Something doesn't add up here... (using the 2.0 beta in this case, in case that's relevant)
    Last edited by peter9477; 11-13-11 at 07:58 PM. Reason: note that i'm using 2.0 beta this time
    11-13-11 07:57 PM
    Didn't play on my PB with os 1.0.7.3312. I just get a tiny question mark icon where the video window should be.
    11-13-11 08:49 PM
    Could this have anything to do with it.....

http://crackberry.com/pressreader-ne...book-os-update
    11-14-11 01:16 PM
    ALToronto, I just tried on my 1.0.7.3312 tablet, and it works identically to how it was on 2.0. Works fine.
    11-14-11 02:41 PM
    Does this mean I can stop dreaming about having a Bloomberg APP on my PlayBook, right?
    Damn, Bloomberg TV APP for Ipad looks nice, anybody knows if that app is available on the Android market? and will it work with BB 2.0 Beta???
    11-17-11 12:37 PM
    Bloomberg Radio isn't working on my PlayBook either, and I don' think that feature uses FLash, terrible news or maybe I'm wrong
    11-17-11 12:48 PM
    Same reason why Hulu and Netflix don't work.....Ask RIM why. Wait....maybe Apple is working in collusion to isolate RIM products and put the RIMpire out of business. Naaaa, why spend money when they are doing a good job on their own.
    11-17-11 02:11 PM
    Bloomberg has the best market news and analysis but I get that on my BB right now. I would not place that much value on the video for Bloomberg on the Playbook.

I would consider CNN. You can stream video from them and they have Erin Burnett too.

I've had my Playbook from day one and love it. I not once tried to watch Bloomberg video on it. I read their reports on specific things. To me this is a nothing burger.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-17-11 at 04:19 PM.
    11-17-11 04:12 PM
    I wonder.. if this a part of the media bias. May be not.
    11-17-11 08:48 PM
    My only question is who in their right mind blocks playbooks from viewing flash content on their site if they are not biased against that product. Imagine if everyone woke up one day and macs were banned from youtube flash streaming. That wouldn't make any sense and why would someone take the time to implement code to exclude a device if it is not necessary. This does not add up.

Edit: Im on 1.0.7.3312 and the mp4 plays fine.
    11-18-11 12:15 AM
    I sent them an inquiry about the blocking and they replied saying an app for PlayBook is being developed.

Posted the reply here: Bloomberg TV+ app coming to BlackBerry PlayBook | Will Robertson's Blog

Hopefully this means we are getting a great app like the iPad version of Bloomberg TV+, which is one of the best apps I have on my iPad.
    11-20-11 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD