Since I paired my Z10 with my 32GB playbook I have been unable to update any of the apps, every time I try to it says that that payment form is required. I have never purchased any apps and only use the free ones and the 7 that are now asking to be updated are all free apps such as word press, hangman, scrapbook, cineplex mobile etc ... any one have any idea how to fix this issue without having to add credit card information.
    03-01-13 11:19 PM
    If this is true, Blackberry NEEDS TO FIX THIS!! This is one of my BIGGEST PEEVS of the CRAPPLE CRAP STORE!!!! DO NOT FOLLOW IN THE STEPS OF CRAPPLE ON REQUIRING PAYMENT INFORMATION BEFORE GETTING FREE APPS!!! Thank you!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!
    03-01-13 11:29 PM
    this happened to me also. all i've been doing is deleting the game/app, then downloading them again.
    03-03-13 07:33 AM
    Since I paired my Z10 with my 32GB playbook I have been unable to update any of the apps, every time I try to it says that that payment form is required. I have never purchased any apps and only use the free ones and the 7 that are now asking to be updated are all free apps such as word press, hangman, scrapbook, cineplex mobile etc ... any one have any idea how to fix this issue without having to add credit card information.
    Ah, Previews of things to come.

Researching info on updating 1st generation Playbooks from 2.xxx to os v 10 when it becomes available I ran across several interviews/vids with persons high up at RIM in which I came away with the impression "revenue", how to extract as much from YOU is their number 1 focus. (This was at a developers site IIRC.) so this is not surprising.
    (Yes I know RIM is a business, my thoughts are RIM needs to stress to developers to create high-end apps.... Most of the stuff on App-World looks like it was made by five year olds.)

Anyhow- the reason they want a credit card tied in is simple= They want to charge that credit card.

Charge it upfront, or via in-app purchasing of product within the app itself.

So far as tying a credit card to the account,
    Can you tie a pre-paid card to the account? If you can that would at least keep exposure to a minimum.
    03-03-13 09:38 PM