I was wondering was anyone interested in a bb smartwatch? it could have bb bridge features, maybe a front facing camera for video chat( i hope bb10 phones get ffc).
    02-07-12 10:31 PM
    It has been thought of and even made,
    Inpulse smart watch.

I think it was bought out.
    02-07-12 10:35 PM
    I know about inpulse, I mean something better an official bb branded watch running a scaled down version of qnx. check out the wimm one to understand what i'm talking about.
    02-07-12 10:41 PM
    It has been thought of and even made,
    Inpulse smart watch.

I think it was bought out.
    You cannot video chat with the inpulse watch.
    02-08-12 09:57 AM
    They got one already!!!!! I found a picture.....

shawnmobile likes this.
    02-08-12 11:35 AM
    The inPulse site.
    The WIMM Labs site.

Frankly, they are both just Bluetooth enabled mini-screens. I suggested in another forum that it would be better to have a luxury watch and have the screen and led alerts hidden within the design, so you don't have to look like a complete geek.

Sony is apparently getting into the game with their SmartWatch and LiveView micro screen.
    Last edited by LoganSix; 02-08-12 at 02:31 PM. Reason: sony links
    02-08-12 02:27 PM
    I am glad i didnt preorder one waaaay back when it was first announced... after being late a year or so past when they said it would be released i read all over the net that it is buggy as all get out and it seems an unacceptably large percentage of them will never pair to the bluetooth of any blackberry.

Whats worse is all the iOS and android people that were told it would work with them too... only to find it wont pair with them at all and the customer service folks tell them on the phone "there isnt any software for those phones yet".

Sad, i had high hopes for it.
    02-13-12 05:19 AM
    I am glad i didnt preorder one waaaay back when it was first announced... after being late a year or so past when they said it would be released i read all over the net that it is buggy as all get out and it seems an unacceptably large percentage of them will never pair to the bluetooth of any blackberry.

Whats worse is all the iOS and android people that were told it would work with them too... only to find it wont pair with them at all and the customer service folks tell them on the phone "there isnt any software for those phones yet".

Sad, i had high hopes for it.
    They will soon.....

Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android by Pebble Technology — Kickstarter
    04-17-12 12:32 PM
    Sony came out with a watch already running a modded gingerbread. Gets texts calls email etc... I too want a BB watch!!!
    04-17-12 03:22 PM
    I would swear that in one of RIM's demo videos from the past few months I recall seeing a wrist device on a stand where RIM staff were showing stuff off. The one I saw was black, with a keypad that angled down the front of the case toward the band.

It looked like a really cool update of the Casio Data Bank watches as much as anything else.
    04-17-12 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD