^^^ not caring should = ignore thread?

I don't care about rumors anymore. It comes when it comes.
    Agree... What a waste of time...
    09-24-12 05:36 PM
    @twdawson
    I didn't mind your post. I think the problem is that a lot of people come here just to post negative stuff about BB & how they are "leaving" BB. They do this just to get a rise out of people. I don't think that was your intention & thus in my mind that makes your post valid
    Thank you, and it certainly wasn't my intention as i love the playbook hardware and hope it becomes a winner but my needs are different now.
    I think i might just keep a hold of it and see what happens when bb10 comes out and will be checking software update tomorrow to see if this update does happen.
    09-24-12 06:06 PM
    2.1.....2.1......2.1.......2.1.... OH wait, I have 2.1 already, and for me it's been great..

I refuse to text, so no need to do it from my PB. The portrait email and individual window android apps are all I really needed at this point. Everything is also a little snappier so I'm waiting for BB10 on my playbook... Hopefully sooner then later..
    09-24-12 06:09 PM
    I also have a wishlist but #1 on the list is the ability to set the device to stayon and not go into standby.
    09-24-12 06:13 PM
    Wait, is this it?
    slott likes this.
    09-24-12 06:20 PM
    Wait, is this it?
    Nope, that is the old beta.
    09-24-12 06:34 PM
    I've been using the Beta 2.1 since release.. there's still one problem that annoys me that has never been addressed as far as I know. The Keyboard. While using any core BB apps, the keyboard experience is awesome. However, once I open an "Android App," that experience goes to crap lol. I get a basic keyboard, no auto correct or punctuation or capitalization. Are they going to fix this? or is this just how it's going to be.
    09-24-12 06:46 PM
    I believe they have to first release the api and then the dev needs to make the changes on the app. I could be wrong. Anyway its something I'm sure will be addressed.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 06:54 PM
    reading thru the documentation now, let's see what tidbits we can gleen from this...

Update: Wi-Fi Bridge confirmed
    After the Bluetooth pairing process and the BlackBerry Bridge pairing process completes between a tablet and smartphone, and both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the tablet and smartphone can use a Wi-Fi connection instead of a Bluetooth connection to send data between each other. The tablet and the smartphone communicate over a mutually authenticated TLS connection.
    This makes me kind of sad. When I first heard of WiFi Bridge, I was hoping that it would be the same as current bridge, just communicating with the WiFi radios for faster data transmission. This makes it fairly clear that it's communicating through a WiFi router, which means it's useless on the go (or when the microwave is turned on, for some reason that interferes significantly with my WiFi router). I was kind of hoping for WiFi speed when viewing websites over bridge...
    09-24-12 07:18 PM
    hope RIM will do something about our playbook wifi-only so we can insert SIM to it. a small usb with sim can do the trick. C'mon RIM dont leave us behind..........
    09-24-12 07:32 PM
    Maybe someone at RIM decided to play a cruel joke by having this doc pop up, knowing CB world would see it.
    Doesn't bother me whether it comes or not, like one poster mentioned the app scarcity is frustrating me.
    I live in Australia and would love afl footy apps, bank apps but sadly nothing yet I have had use of a friends android phone for a few days and there is no shortage of apps for what I need.
    09-24-12 09:00 PM
    It's 10:00 pm EST on the eve of BB10 Jam, and the Playbook's software update servers are down in Canada. It could mean nothing, or it could mean that they are busy loading up the new release...
    09-24-12 09:05 PM
    It's 10:00 pm EST on the eve of BB10 Jam, and the Playbook's software update servers are down in Canada. It could mean nothing, or it could mean that they are busy loading up the new release...
    Might be down for you, but it's not down for me.
    "You currently have the latest software installed."
    09-24-12 09:08 PM
    Really weird. I have this 1 mb update coming up for my pb running beta 2.1 and the same for my pb running 2.0. I'm sure that is not the update
    09-24-12 09:45 PM
    Could RIM be releasing the 1 mb update in order of PIN's or Serial #'s? Kinda the only thing that would make sense with all these people getting it at random times.
    09-24-12 09:51 PM
    Could RIM be releasing the 1 mb update in order of PIN's or Serial #'s? Kinda the only thing that would make sense with all these people getting it at random times.
    Something of the sorts is going on, not a general push, but I do not think the parameters you mentioned are relevant because I have two PBs and a PB4G and two of them [one PB and the PB4G] has received updates. The PB in the middle so to speak in regards to PIN has not yet received it, so I agree there is some parameter or extensible criteria being used, but I do not think it is either of those. Unless those parameters are being used and it just is not being sequentially pushed... As I said I am not sure, but if that situation I describe helps add information to the situation, let us know if you have any other idea because I myself am trying to figure out the pattern.
    09-24-12 10:13 PM
    After upgrading to 2.1, I heard that there is no more sideloading. is this true?
    09-24-12 10:48 PM
    After upgrading to 2.1, I heard that there is no more sideloading. is this true?
    Not if you mean the beta 2.1, but Official, who knows what they'll do.

I have been wondering if there pushing 2.1 off to get us amped up like with Official 2.0 so we all hit the update button as soon as possible. Thus resulting in a loss of a feature (sideloading). Then again they might be holding it off so we have something good for the long-ish wait to get BB10.
    09-24-12 11:06 PM
    No not at all.
    09-24-12 11:13 PM
    2.1 will still have side loading available. If you read over the recent mobile fusion release it mentioned admins being able to remove certain things from the PlayBook's and one of those mentioned was developer mode. So being that development mode is still in 2.1 official I'm assuming we can side load.

�edit� from the recent mobile fusion launch

The Air (OTA) enrollment directly from a BlackBerry� PlayBooktablet. Once enrolled, enterprise configurations such as email, Wi-Fi, VPN profiles, and enterprise applications can be wirelessly pushed to the device
    Full device encryption option as a new IT policy (including personal and work areas)
    Developer mode can be disabled on enterprise-connected BlackBerry PlayBook tablets
    Support for Microsoft ActiveSync certificate-based authentication
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 09-24-12 at 11:27 PM.
    09-24-12 11:16 PM
    This makes me kind of sad. When I first heard of WiFi Bridge, I was hoping that it would be the same as current bridge, just communicating with the WiFi radios for faster data transmission. This makes it fairly clear that it's communicating through a WiFi router, which means it's useless on the go (or when the microwave is turned on, for some reason that interferes significantly with my WiFi router). I was kind of hoping for WiFi speed when viewing websites over bridge...
    This is pure speculation but perhaps this is the first step in the direction of true wifi bridge while on the go. I know that Print to Go started out the same way, you needed the computer and the PB to be on the same network. But now with 2.1 (when it launches) I read that Print to Go will work over any wifi connection, meaning your PB can be at the office and you can use Print to Go from home.

I should mention though that wifi bridge and Print to Go may not be comparable b/c for bridge RIM is very focused on security. Just read the pdf from OP, it's clear that RIM has done everything to make Bridge secure. Security may severely limit a true wifi bridge connection that is as secure as RIM wants it to be. But you know how it is with RIM...wait and see...
    09-24-12 11:45 PM
    Very interesting.... I'm patiently waiting for both 2.1 and BlackBerry 10. Just as patient as I was waiting for ubuntu 12.04 LTS to upgrade both mine and my mother's pc.

I can't wait to see and have those features.
    09-25-12 12:44 AM
    I just dont care anymore, had enough of waiting around for RIM to sort this stuff out, so i went and ordered a Nexus 7 which will be here in a couple of days.
    I have buyers for the Playbook and BB phone.
    16GB and no SD card slot is big no,no for me

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-12 02:53 AM
    Got fed up waiting for apps that i need thats why i am switching back to android and as far as being advised to ignore this thread i have been a regular poster and big defender of RIM and the Playbook on here and in general so i think i have the right to post my feelings and thoughts but if the apps are not there then i cant do anything else as i stupidly believed the marketing hype of "professional grade tablet". I need a tablet for work and business use and this PB is just not up to the task and before anybody says i can run android apps on it, i have tried but most of the ones i need dont work.
    Good, then go! This forum is no longer for you. Why do you feel the need to come in here and whine about it? Go play with your Nexus and let the folks that are still hanging on to hope with RIM be.
    scotjimland and KittyBomb like this.
    09-25-12 03:22 AM
    Good, then go! This forum is no longer for you. Why do you feel the need to come in here and whine about it? Go play with your Nexus and let the folks that are still hanging on to hope with RIM be.
    Hang on, people are entitled to express their frustration.
    And the poster justified it too. Rim can roll out as many updates to the PB but quite frankly the app situation is woeful, when all we can get excited about is new games.
    New and useful apps ( at least ones i find useful) are few and far between.
    Yeah wifi bridge wil be handy but how is rim winning back new customers?
    Until the user base grows for the pb, i feel appworld will struggle to grow too.
    JeepBB and Mikey_T like this.
    09-25-12 03:35 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD