appreciate the effort OP, but TH did confirm it would come to the PB, I appreciate that the person on phone confimed it is still coming,... but... when? we just keep having to wait with no news whatsoever... no news on the bb10 launch, then BB live.. when will it be announced? its nice they r making it for bb10.. but how long is it gonna take...
    05-28-13 02:32 PM
    Could someone please answer me this, as I am very much a newbie in all these matters: a new OS would mean all the software accompanying the PB and any side-loaded Android-apps would become useless overnight? Thereby making it necessary to restock on apps and relearn the basic stuff that came with the PB originally? And all my good intentions on learning to program the PB myself can be put on hold as well? Sounds like a wonderful idea...
    But again, I haven't got a clue what to make of all this...
    05-28-13 03:14 PM
    Actually received 3 updates to apps this past week...
    05-28-13 03:31 PM
    Actually received 3 updates to apps this past week...
    Which means???? Wait ...I know this one...Nothing lol.

IF it ever comes it won't be anytime soon. I promises

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    05-28-13 04:01 PM
    waiting and waiting
    please be fast .)
    05-29-13 09:19 AM
    Probably nothing new, but note the title of the SDK page:

Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer
    05-29-13 09:29 AM
    Based on latest intel/rumors I firmly believe that bb10 will come to the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:45 AM
    Probably nothing new, but note the title of the SDK page:

Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer
    You've completely misunderstood it. It says "Native SDK for BB10 and playbook". That implies there is an SDK for BB10 and a separate SDK for the playbook as shown in the download page below:

Download for Windows - Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer
    05-29-13 12:20 PM
    Im happy wen they Come out.

The Same good stuff

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:44 PM
    I don't even use my PlayBook anymore now that I have the Z10.

If BlackBerry doesn't roll out BB10 to the PlayBook it will completely die. There probably hasn't been an app come out for PlayBook in the past 3 months and there certainly haven't been any updates for apps. Who would?

Posted via CB10
    So true, I am not even touching my awesome PB after Z10. I even bought an iPad because PB was getting less used. I love my PB though Im sure PB with BB10 will be awesome.
    05-30-13 07:55 AM
    okay - native code runs as well on the PlayBook, but what devs are asking for is Cascades, which is currently available for BlackBerry 10 only!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:26 AM
    Based on latest intel/rumors I firmly believe that bb10 will come to the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    "You can't put anything on the internet that isn't true..."

RubenDM and russworman like this.
    05-30-13 08:51 AM
    Surely you have never played Eufloria or Machinarium.

1. Yes we do
    2. Not with the PlayBook's load time/lack of proper notification system it doesn't

we dont need the hub, but we need better notifications, unified inbox. Hub may be a resource hog for PB. But the mail and calender app is fine, but needs better notification system.
    05-30-13 11:27 AM
    That's CEO speak for "there is no business case for them at this time".

Like I said, I want to believe and want to have BB10 on my PlayBook but if I were CEO it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of a priority list. They're not selling PlayBooks anymore. Putting BB10 on old hardware will not get them flying off the shelf again.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, Give me the option to trade in my PB for a Q5, which I bought for full price on the very first day out of trust on BBRY.
    amjass12 likes this.
    05-30-13 11:33 AM
    That's CEO speak for "there is no business case for them at this time".

Like I said, I want to believe and want to have BB10 on my PlayBook but if I were CEO it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of a priority list. They're not selling PlayBooks anymore. Putting BB10 on old hardware will not get them flying off the shelf again.

Posted via CB10
    By putting BB10 on the Playbook (whether the PB is in use or not) increases the pool of BB10 devices by a huge number without having to pay to market, manufacture, etc the hardware. The bigger the pool, the more developers, the more apps the more customers, the more customers the more money.

I don't believe putting BB10 onto the PlayBook is about reviving the hardware to be sold again or getting into the tablet market, it is about getting (or at least claiming) a million or so new BB10 devices are now in the wild. For the money they have to spend and the potential direct and indirect benefits they get from it, it would be a great strategy to put BB10 onto the PB. That said, they are screwing the pooch by their lack of communication.
    05-30-13 12:48 PM
    PlayBook was a mistake. Had it come out with native email without the need to bridge, it wound have been more successful . RIM tried to take on the I pad and failed
    I have the 64g model, and it's great for movies, games and surfing but since I got my Z10, I rarely touch it

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:10 PM
    Actually putting BB10 on the PlayBook would be huge advantage. Look they already have used PlayBook users as Beta testers for QNX BB10 OS. Now if they port BB10, they can use "us" again for Beta Testing for BB10 OS on their New Tablets.
    05-30-13 03:50 PM
    let me say I have ben a blackberry die hart user and have anciently waiting for the z10 and the disappointment of not be in able to connect and use my playbook with my z10 it break's my hart . i'm hoping to have this up date soon sense qnx and bb10 are on the same platform.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    05-30-13 03:53 PM
93 ... 234