Hi,
    I just wonder - befor OS 2.0 - what will be the best?
    1. Doing nothing - just upgrade, when it will be available.
    2. Wipe PB and then load new OS, then restore.
    2. Wipe, load new OS and forget about restore.
    I just worry about possibly issues.

How do you think.
    02-19-12 12:46 PM
    Personally, if it will just upgrade the OS 2 beta, I will just let it do the upgrade. If there are problems, I'll then wipe and do a clean install. It will only add an hour or so in the end if necessary.
    02-19-12 12:53 PM
    If you are using beta OS then use the de-brick method, then upgrade.
    If you are using os 1 then you can just upgrade i guess...I switched back to os1 1 week ago so i'll just upgrade

As for restoration..up to you..I didn't restore anything and I won't...
    02-19-12 12:53 PM
    - i will save my emulation folders with the game saves
    - will also save my pictures and videos (taken from Playbook)
    - documents I have saved

then wipe and upgrade
    mertin.m likes this.
    02-19-12 01:48 PM
    I'm going to to a clean wipe and load through desktop manager. I want to start fresh with the official build.
    02-19-12 02:00 PM
    To Op
    It depends what you've done with your PB.
    Notably, the version of the OS.
    But also if you side-loaded apps, etc.

If your PB is "clean" with nothing but official, I'll start with a smart and simple upgrade, either OTA (wifi) or with Desktop Manager (warnings have been issued for the latest (7) version).
    If you played around with your PB, you probably have yet enough experience to decide, since you've probably gone threw theses processes before. Personally, I've wiped and downgraded ("debrick method" preferred) since I was under .7111 beta and had several sideloaded apps.

EDIT : and, of course, don't forget to SAVE (wifi, backup, whatever) your personal files prior to wipe/debrick.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-19-12 at 03:13 PM.
    02-19-12 03:10 PM
    What happens to videos recorded to the playbook after upgrading. 1.8 to 2.0? I had a bunch of pics but I really didn't care about them so just deleted. Other then that the only things I have on the PB is downloaded apps, what will happen to them, anything?
    02-19-12 04:10 PM
    I am going to do a clean wipe just to make sure any errors don't appear on the official build.

As for the documents, pictures, and music i have all of them stored to my computer so after i install OS 2.0, I'll just transfer those file myself.
    02-19-12 06:08 PM
    If you are on the official 1.8 OS, and official DM I wouldn't worry at all; upgrade OTA when available.
    02-19-12 06:33 PM
    so we cant upgrade from a beta 2.0 build? Im assuming then root capabilities are no more?
    02-19-12 06:56 PM
    so we cant upgrade from a beta 2.0 build? Im assuming then root capabilities are no more?
    You could most likely. But usually you will less likely to have speed or permission issues if you start from clean slate then restore data.
    02-19-12 07:06 PM
    I have 7111 and plan to do the upgrade over the air. We'll see what happens.
    02-19-12 07:39 PM
    My friend (no not me. A real friend.) upgraded to the 7111 developers edition a week ago and has since tried going back to OS 1 and it won't do it no matter what he tries. He said he has followed the downgrading steps and tried debricking but it won't work.

Has anyone else tried in the last 6 days or less to down grade to OS1 from the beta OS?
    02-19-12 07:52 PM
    If we do a security wipe, will we need to use desktop manager inorder to update to official 2.0?
    02-19-12 08:06 PM
    Has anyone else tried in the last 6 days or less to down grade to OS1 from the beta OS?
    I've down-graded 2 PBs via DM without any problems only yesterday.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-19-12 10:07 PM
    I've down-graded 2 PBs via DM without any problems only yesterday.
    Thanks. I'll let him know.
    02-19-12 10:11 PM
    Im saving all of my pics and videos, music and then wipe it and install os 2 :P
    02-19-12 10:37 PM
    What happens to videos recorded to the playbook after upgrading. 1.8 to 2.0? I had a bunch of pics but I really didn't care about them so just deleted. Other then that the only things I have on the PB is downloaded apps, what will happen to them, anything?
    If you update the classic way, nothing will be removed.
    If you wipe, you can backup or copy your files (wifi sharing for instance) on you PC prior to.
    As for the apps, if you wipe, they will remain in appWorld in your My World/ininstalled section and you will be able to install them again. Warning: you will probably loose your games progressions (never experienced how to restore these from a backup, maybe some know here ...).

Remember wipe or debrick ARE NOT needed for standard update.
    02-20-12 06:06 AM
    If we do a security wipe, will we need to use desktop manager inorder to update to official 2.0?
    Short answer : no.
    Extended ...
    you may prefer to DL 2.0 with your wired computer. In that case, the DM makes sense (warnings issued about the latest version, may be prudent to use 6.1). But if you choose so, I'll suggest you use the debrick method instead of a wipe. Debrick is kind of "all in one" method when a new OS version is available.

Disclaimer : this is my point of view, use @ your own risks !
    02-20-12 06:11 AM
    - i will save my emulation folders with the game saves
    - will also save my pictures and videos (taken from Playbook)
    - documents I have saved

then wipe and upgrade
    how will you save your videos ?
    02-20-12 08:07 AM
    how will you save your videos ?
    Just a multimedia sync within Desktop Manager. You can even synchronize over Wifi.
    02-20-12 08:16 AM
    Just a multimedia sync within Desktop Manager. You can even synchronize over Wifi.
    ok?what exactly is that ?sorry im not from a computer savy gen,plus im my job doesnt need computers,but i love my tablet
    02-20-12 08:44 AM
    anybody?
    02-20-12 12:30 PM
    I just downgraded my playbook back to version 1 and cleaned it up. Not gonna use it untill 2.0 is live.
    02-20-12 01:49 PM
    i would suggest wiping first. i upgraded from 2.0 beta to full 2.0 today and the glitches carried over.

1. no bookmarks, just black screen in browser
    2. bb id timeout remains
    3. app world didnt update

1 & 2 were problems that carried over from the beta

another weird thing is i updated in the morning, restarted 11 hours later when I returned home, there was another update available that was 9mb?
    02-21-12 10:38 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD