Alright, so yesterday I decided to take the plunge and give the OS2 beta a spin. Bought mine on the first day and have generally stuck to official (production) updates. But the lure of the android player....

Long story short. I can't get BBM to work at all. It just crashes. The regular bridge app doesn't connect (was sort of hoping I will be one of the lucky ones), I tried the workaround and it just crashes on connect. Deleted bridge reinstalled, hard resets etc.. Same issue. Then I sideloaded the bridge apps that were created by OSBB, everything else works but BBM still crashes.. Considering doing a security wipe and reinstalling, but guess what? The DM cannot backup my files. Not frustrated yet but getting close... Any suggestions?

Oh, btw I use the latest versions of Bridge, BBM, and OS2
    Last edited by bharyour; 11-16-11 at 09:12 AM.
    sniffydon likes this.
    11-16-11 09:07 AM
    Have you tried accessing Bridge Apps through the browser command? There is a sticky about Bridge in OS2 in one of the Playbook forums.

Or is that what you meant by "workaround"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 10:35 AM
    Have you tried accessing Bridge Apps through the browser command? There is a sticky about Bridge in OS2 in one of the Playbook forums.

Or is that what you meant by "workaround"?
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Pretty much tried all the suggestions. Just crashes all the time :S
    11-16-11 11:50 AM
    its working good for me,Canadian with bridge on Rogers / torch
    11-20-11 02:33 AM
    Are you in English language and US zone ?
    May be one cause to fail.
    11-21-11 07:57 AM
    ok forget all that how did the android player work????
    11-22-11 05:18 PM
    mine crashes MANY times...but if you persevere it should actually work...i tried loading mine about 6-7 times and then it finally worked...after that i just leave it open...try loading it many many times and see if it finally connects...i also did wipes and re-installs
    11-24-11 08:33 AM
    same crashing issue here, on rogers with torch
    11-27-11 03:36 PM
    I too am having this issue. BBm worked fine day one after 2.0 install but since then all of bridge works except BBM. It starts to open then crashes
    11-29-11 05:53 PM
    I thought BBM on the new OS2.0 only works with the beta zone version of BBM?
    11-29-11 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD