Didn't see this coming: BB10 Bridge has an update and BBM has now come back to the PlayBook (over Bridge, at least...)

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19435/
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-20-13 09:30 AM
    Didn't see this coming: BB10 Bridge has an update and BBM has now come back to the PlayBook (over Bridge, anyway...)
    Good to hear. Reported the post to get the bloggers up to speed.
    09-20-13 09:32 AM
    Cool that is good news
    09-20-13 10:05 AM
    Sounds like all those complaints of "Android tablets are gonna get BBM before the PlayBook!" actually registered with somebody! lol
    09-20-13 10:41 AM
    Downloaded it. 10 minutes ago!

Posted via Z10
    09-20-13 10:47 AM
    Groups? TXT?
    09-20-13 10:50 AM
    Anyone else find the UI excruciatingly laggy?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:07 AM
    Anyone else find the UI excruciatingly laggy?

Posted via CB10
    +1
    09-20-13 11:08 AM
    +1
    I never used BBM and bridge with a non BlackBerry 10 device, is it like this when paired with older phones?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:12 AM
    I installed the latest version of Bridge on my phone and did the pairing with my Z10. Bridge on my PB only has Readme and BBM. When I try to use BB World, it says no internet connection. So, it really isn't seeing my Z10. Not sure what is going wrong but it isn't working. Not pushing incoming emails but didn't think it would without the correct folders. Any suggestions?
    09-20-13 11:53 AM
    I installed the latest version of Bridge on my phone and did the pairing with my Z10. Bridge on my PB only has Readme and BBM. When I try to use BB World, it says no internet connection. So, it really isn't seeing my Z10. Not sure what is going wrong but it isn't working. Not pushing incoming emails but didn't think it would without the correct folders. Any suggestions?
    BB World has always required a WiFi connection (not a Bridge connection), this remains the same now. To see if it is "seeing" your Z10, try regular web browsing... this should work just fine.

Bridge does not have the email functionality anymore because PlayBook supports native email accounts and BB didn't think this was a useful feature anymore. Most argue that it still is, but at least we now have BBM (better than nothing!).
    09-20-13 12:06 PM
    BB World has always required a WiFi connection (not a Bridge connection), this remains the same now. To see if it is "seeing" your Z10, try regular web browsing... this should work just fine.

Bridge does not have the email functionality anymore because PlayBook supports native email accounts and BB didn't think this was a useful feature anymore. Most argue that it still is, but at least we now have BBM (better than nothing!).
    Yes, browser works. But if all I have on the PB is BBM, then it is a waste of time. I hope their lies that we were getting full functionality doesn't prevent me from going back to using my 9550 and the PB. Without mail, Bridge is useless for me.
    09-20-13 12:12 PM
    So, now when I go to re-download Bridge, I get: "The item is not available for your selected device."

How can this be? I know I had it on my PB before.....

Any suggestions?

Why can't it be simple? No wonder we're having trouble with BB!
    R...
    Didn't see this coming: BB10 Bridge has an update and BBM has now come back to the PlayBook (over Bridge, at least...)

BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Bridge
    09-20-13 01:10 PM
    So, now when I go to re-download Bridge, I get: "The item is not available for your selected device."

How can this be? I know I had it on my PB before.....

Any suggestions?

Why can't it be simple? No wonder we're having trouble with BB!
    R...
    Just to double check that my PB wasn't down rev, I went to BB World and did a search on BlackBerry Bridge from my PB. Some accessory programs showed up, but not Bridge.
    09-20-13 01:13 PM
    So what's the big difference between bridge to phone email and just using the built in email with the bridged connection? People seem to think that this is a deal breaker, but I don't even see a purpose. Are people just complaining because they don't like things to be in any way different than what they were once used to?

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-20-13 01:19 PM
    So what's the big difference between bridge to phone email and just using the built in email with the bridged connection? People seem to think that this is a deal breaker, but I don't even see a purpose. Are people just complaining because they don't like things to be in any way different than what they were once used to?

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    Then you have accounts in two locations. Depending on your email setup, you may not end up with everything you need in a single location. Lose your PB, and now the new owner has access to your accounts.
    09-20-13 01:23 PM
    Yup same thing here. I deleted it to download the update, no I've got NOTHING for Bridge on the PB......

R...

Just to double check that my PB wasn't down rev, I went to BB World and did a search on BlackBerry Bridge from my PB. Some accessory programs showed up, but not Bridge.
    09-20-13 01:34 PM
    Good news is if you want to go back to using an old BB phone, all the old functionality is there. I deleted the Z10 from my pairing, added my 9550, and all the email etc. is there.
    09-20-13 01:46 PM
    Yup same thing here. I deleted it to download the update, no I've got NOTHING for Bridge on the PB......

R...
    Yes, the update is BB10 phone-side only.
    09-20-13 01:52 PM

R...
    I don't remember downloading a Bridge app for the PlayBook. It's baked into the settings screen.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-20-13 01:53 PM
    Yes, got that one. Now how do we get it back on the Playbook??

R...

Yes, the update is BB10 phone-side only.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-13 01:54 PM
    Yes, got that one. Now how do we get it back on the Playbook??

R...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    It appears that it was part of the OS2.0 upgrades. I don't have my PB running but if you hold down an icon, only those apps that you can download have the trash can icon in the upper right. If that is true with Bridge, I don't know how you got rid of it in the first place. My suggestion is to use Link to do a factory reset and then upgrade the OS again?

EDIT: Yes, the trash can does appear next to Bridge on the PB.
    09-20-13 02:18 PM
    I can't believe I'd have to wipe and reload a whole OS just to reload an app made for the device????

It appears that it was part of the OS2.0 upgrades. I don't have my PB running but if you hold down an icon, only those apps that you can download have the trash can icon in the upper right. If that is true with Bridge, I don't know how you got rid of it in the first place. My suggestion is to use Link to do a factory reset and then upgrade the OS again?

EDIT: Yes, the trash can does appear next to Bridge on the PB.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-13 03:45 PM
    I can't believe I'd have to wipe and reload a whole OS just to reload an app made for the device????

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Pull the bridge file from the latest PB OS and try sideloading it first.
    09-20-13 04:49 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:33 PM
37 12