Keep in mind that the z10's resolution is around 1.5 times that of the Playbook. That is many more pixels that need to be manipulated and stored in memory.

My guess is PlayBook will work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 and Carterbits like this.
    05-30-13 03:18 PM
    Just as long as Bridge is brought back to it's full/previous funtionality! This is the ONLY thing keeping me from going out RIGHT NOW to pick up my Z10. My contract is up, and that is the only trigger I'm waiting to see........

C
    Amazing how a CEO who believes in MOBILE computing could kill off or severely cripple one of "mobile computings" most unique and powerful examples. Bridge, allowing the pb to act as a BIG window into the phone's data is a terrific feature on OS7 (and lower) devices. What possessed rim/thor to kill/cripple it?
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-30-13 03:37 PM
    It's a shame that they ignore a device that still has porential after 2 years of the initial release... I preffer my PlayBook over my iPad because it's not the toy that the iPad is...

What I like to see is the smoothness of the current OS with the use of a faster browser and some more apps...

I know that we can sideload Android apps into the PlayBook, but would that still be necessery on BB10?
    05-30-13 03:55 PM
    It's a shame that they ignore a device that still has porential after 2 years of the initial release... I preffer my PlayBook over my iPad because it's not the toy that the iPad is...

What I like to see is the smoothness of the current OS with the use of a faster browser and some more apps...

I know that we can sideload Android apps into the PlayBook, but would that still be necessery on BB10?
    yes for any android app that is not in bbworld the android app.will need to be converted and sideloaded but with 10.2 and 4.2.2 runtime more apps.will make it in to bbworld
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    05-30-13 04:27 PM
    I believe it said BBM would not be available on android or apple tablets at first

BBM app for iOS and Android won't run on tablets at first
    Since there is no plans for it right now, it stands a good chance that they may never get around to it. Look how long it is taking for BB10 to come to the playbook and with certain comments made by the ceo it seems that he does not like tablets and may not be keyboard phone fan as well.
    05-30-13 11:47 PM
    Since there is no plans for it right now, it stands a good chance that they may never get around to it. Look how long it is taking for BB10 to come to the playbook and with certain comments made by the ceo it seems that he does not like tablets and may not be keyboard phone fan as well.
    what do you mean how long its taking to get bb10 on playbook, so far their right on schedual. as for bbm cross platform as soon as its avsilable for android and the apk is available its available for android tablets who are they kidding.

bbm is their baby they have always been good about updating it in bbworld and in betazone
    05-31-13 05:58 AM
    Well there are many things we won't need on a tablet that are on the Z10/Q10.

* The HUB
    * Time Shift Camera
    * BBM
    * Calling
    * 4G network
    and some other small features that will make it run on 1GB of RAM smoothly. Carry on now.
    Yes maybe they will release it just like the original PlayBook OS 1.0 stripped down without real useful features. Like no standalone e-mail or PIM functionality. Because apparently we didn't need those features in a Professional Grade Tablet. *face palm*
    rupam95 and BerryClever like this.
    05-31-13 02:21 PM
    personally, i'd looove to see the pb get FULL full phone functionality,,, talk about giving new life!!! the hardware is there,,, not likely, tho, given their appearance of total disdain for the playbook...
    I'd love the BBM WiFi voice chat myself. That sound is incredible!
    06-01-13 07:35 AM
    People need to stop getting hung up on the RAM and thinking it's 'all or nothing' because of the RAM. I swear, a lot of people on these forums have never bought a new copy of Windows or Mac OS X and put it on an older machine...
    BerryClever likes this.
    06-01-13 07:38 AM
    Excellent reply RC76.
    99% of those commenting on how an operating system will work with the 1GB of RAM are just 'guessaholics' who really have no basis for their comment.
    Increased hardware real estate will always be helpful but not always necessary.
    The real deal is Thor's word. If they drop BB10 for the Playbook that will be an indicator of the value of his word.
    BerryClever and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    06-01-13 08:31 AM
    Even 1 of my crappy old laptop with 1gb ram and c2d processor was able to run the bb10 emulator.
    Though the ram of emulator was set at 512mb

But on my other laptop when I set the ram to 7gb and 4cores in use the boot time and smoothness was remarkably enhanced.
    Last edited by oSALILo; 06-01-13 at 01:12 PM.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    06-01-13 08:56 AM
    I'd think that they'd want HUB if BB10 will come to PlayBook. I mean, seriously, that's their entire TV ads are based on.

I can imagine that they'll reduce the number of active frames available at any given time, basically not taking out major features such as hub, but reduce its functionality.

Besides, HUB is a lot like glorified Messages app we all know and love, shouldn't take that much memory, at least not much more than Messages already do.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.1720
    06-03-13 12:11 AM
    Just as long as Bridge is brought back to it's full/previous funtionality! This is the ONLY thing keeping me from going out RIGHT NOW to pick up my Z10. My contract is up, and that is the only trigger I'm waiting to see........

C
    this is common,,, BB needs to realize the importance of this...
    06-03-13 02:47 PM
    Amazing how a CEO who believes in MOBILE computing could kill off or severely cripple one of "mobile computings" most unique and powerful examples. Bridge, allowing the pb to act as a BIG window into the phone's data is a terrific feature on OS7 (and lower) devices. What possessed rim/thor to kill/cripple it?
    yeah,,, i'd like to read the minutes from THAT meeting...
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-13 02:49 PM
39 12