Then Thor should have said " No the PLAYBOOK will not get BLACKBERRY10 " instead of "Yes all PLAYBOOK's will be getting BLACKBERRY10 " and "I have teams working on BLACKBERRY10 for the PLAYBOOK as we speak" ....silly Thor.
    Barracuda7772 and axllebeer like this.
    05-09-13 10:36 AM
    just quoting edger allen poe
    Oh I got you there, I just meant BBRY related stuff.
    05-09-13 10:46 AM
    Oh I got you there, I just meant BBRY related stuff.
    oh just people coming to the forums all expressing to have secret knowledge. everyone wants to be special. that's why I quoted mr poe I saw it fit given the playbook forums over the past year or so
    05-09-13 10:48 AM
    oh ..so you are such an 'expert' with your 500+ posts are you ?...yeah, i bet you are.

thats what ive been told, personally, i dont care about the playbook as it was just a beta platform for bb10.
    Wrong again...it was the "Ipad killer" remember???

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    05-09-13 06:04 PM
    I heard for a year 2.1 was coming, it did but took a YEAR. Now I've been hearing 10 is coming, a year later that's all it is, coming, soon, around the corner, around the bend, pretty soon, a month, no next month and on and on.
    That's part of the problem with these forums. I can't even remember BlackBerry saying a single thing about 2.1 until the day it was out. A lot of times people will hear rumours on these forums, assume them to be facts and promises from BlackBerry and then get mad when promises never made by BlackBerry are allegedly broken.

They certainly have made promises in the past and missed dates, but if you look at these forums, you'd swear it happens a lot more in reality then it ever actually does.
    05-09-13 06:18 PM
    That's part of the problem with these forums. I can't even remember BlackBerry saying a single thing about 2.1 until the day it was out. A lot of times people will hear rumours on these forums, assume them to be facts and promises from BlackBerry and then get mad when promises never made by BlackBerry are allegedly broken.

They certainly have made promises in the past and missed dates, but if you look at these forums, you'd swear it happens a lot more in reality then it ever actually does.
    I think you make a valid argument when it comes to rumors, but I personally believe they take way too long to update their devices(whether they make the deadline or not) to be competitive. Especially when you consider the number of new features added over that long period of time. Just my opinon.
    rnhld likes this.
    05-09-13 07:02 PM
    @DaveOmeara:

Any one that works for Blackberry would not have told anyone that much information. In these forums, we Blackberry abusers are very serious about our devices and tablets. When it comes to rumors we've been conditioned by so many let downs that the motto is now: Prove it and I'll believe it when I see it.

Now mind you there are members of the CrackBerry Kingdom that currently work for BlackBerry or have formally worked for them. Either of them would not divulge that type of info. So yout post is received in a negative light.

I said all of that to say; either come with some real proof of what you're saying instead of telling us that your brother's boyfriend's cousin's sister uncle from the left side of the family knows someone that knows someone that works for BlackBerry and told me this. We've heard this before.

Show us...

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 and axllebeer like this.
    05-10-13 03:46 AM
    oh just people coming to the forums all expressing to have secret knowledge. everyone wants to be special. that's why I quoted mr poe I saw it fit given the playbook forums over the past year or so
    Got to agree with you about the forums over the past year, but I believe your quote is credited to Mr. Franklin. Not that it matters

Poe liked to plagiarize
    05-10-13 02:40 PM
    Got to agree with you about the forums over the past year, but I believe your quote is credited to Mr. Franklin. Not that it matters
    oh very interesting the saying the way I put it is credited to franklin backwards is creditied to poe. very strange indeed
    05-10-13 02:45 PM
    I think you make a valid argument when it comes to rumors, but I personally believe they take way too long to update their devices(whether they make the deadline or not) to be competitive. Especially when you consider the number of new features added over that long period of time. Just my opinon.
    Yeah... especially if you have a PlayBook. I get it from a business perspective as it is likely the smallest of their three supported platforms at the moment

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:39 PM
    Just found this thread and since I still have a Playbook sitting in my closet I was wondering if there was anything new on BB10 for the Playbook.
    05-11-13 11:03 AM
    Just found this thread and since I still have a Playbook sitting in my closet I was wondering if there was anything new on BB10 for the Playbook.
    BB10 isn't out just yet on the PlayBook.
    05-11-13 09:39 PM
    BB10 isn't out just yet on the PlayBook.
    he was asking if there was anything new regarding updates for the playbook. could of been worded better but it is what it is
    05-12-13 08:06 AM
    Thanks. Correct I was just wondering if there where any updates regarding bb10 on the Playbook. I'll check back again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    05-12-13 09:07 AM
    also if I might add the title of this thread is a little redundant given its almost halfway through may lol
    05-12-13 09:38 AM
    Well, with all of the exciting announcements made yesterday by Thorstien himself for the future of the BB10 platform, nothing was really mentioned about the Playbook or any new developments. This led me to have some questions. He touched on the tablet market by saying that past attempts to create a PC type mobile device has failed in the past. That was not to say that the Playbook is dead, but with him just barely touching on it brought up questions for me. Are they going to scrap the Playbook and we will not see a BB10 update for it? Will they release it with out making a big to-do about it? Has my Playbook been reduced to an e-reader and gaming device?

Mind you, none of those questions were touched upon or anything withing them was mentioned. There was a small (very small) mention of the Tablet market but nothing at all specific and nothing at all referring to the Playbook. These are just questions that came to me.

Chime in. What do you all think?
    05-15-13 03:40 AM
    Playbook has been scraped and written off ages ago. When 90%+ retail or distribution channel no longer sell it the writing is on the wall.

The mobile computing platform is we don't have one. What you have now is all you will get! A half arsed finished os that needs to much time and money to fix.

Blackberry has clearly moved on and left it for dead. Only way you will see bb10 will be a licensing deal. It won't be on the pb you have now..

Go thanks them now via twitter
    For the big middle finger.
    05-15-13 03:42 AM
142 ... 456