1) When do you charge when its completely drained or almost drained to maintain good battery life

2)How to make the playbook battery last longer

3)Could i leave it charged overnight? or it might get overcharged?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Lostlimit; 12-28-11 at 02:48 AM.
    12-28-11 02:30 AM
    i dont think it overcharges. when i check battery guru when the pb is at 100%, it says charge is 0volts, so i guess it doesnt
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-28-11 03:52 AM
    1) When do you charge when its completely drained or almost drained to maintain good battery life

2)How to make the playbook battery last longer

3)Could i leave it charged overnight? or it might get overcharged?
    Thanks
    I'm sure Peter (the battery guru! ) will be along later to answer your questions fully, but AFAIK it doesn't matter when you charge the battery. There are no battery "memory" issues with the Lithium batteries as they had in the bad old days of NiCd batteries... so you don't have to wait until it's almost completely drained before you re-charge.

Similarly, don't worry about over-charging your playbook by leaving it connected. As said above, it won't happen.

I charge both of my playbooks by connecting to the charger overnight, and recharge during the day if the gauge shows less than 40%. Neither has had a problem with a weakening battery in the months I've owned them.

An easy way to increase your battery-life is to turn off the WiFi/BT when you aren't using them.
    peter9477 and andyjan like this.
    12-28-11 04:15 AM
    To increase battery life:

• Reduce screen backlight brightness
    • Reduce screen timeout
    • Turn of Wi-fi and/or BlueTooth
    • Switch off Showcase mode and/or close apps you aren't using
    • On OS2 beta: use PlayBook apps instead of Android apps
    12-28-11 05:39 AM
    I usually charge mine when the battery goes between 20-30% and about once a month I let it go down to around 5-10% and do a full charge.

My Battery is in the same shape as it was when I first bought it in May.

I've never had overcharge issues. I suppose if there were I'd feel a very hot playbook in the morning but that's never happened to me. Always cool as a cucumber with a Happy Green Light to say good morning to me.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-28-11 01:51 PM
    How long does your Playbook battery last ? Mine is about 6 , is it bad ?
    I think OS 2.0.0.6149 seems take more battery than the others .
    12-28-11 10:38 PM
    My battery goes down for 10% over the night, its normal??
    12-29-11 03:15 AM
    My battery goes down for 10% over the night, its normal??
    could battery get drained during sleep mode? because i noticed that too but not 10% i was at 100% i put it to sleep it droped 5%?
    12-29-11 03:23 AM
    Mine also seems to drop about 10% overnight on standby. I'm told that is not normal.
    12-29-11 08:47 AM
    Mine also seems to drop about 10% overnight on standby. I'm told that is not normal.
    Mine drops like that overnight too n I'm not too happy about it. The battery Always goes past 0% too. I get at least another 30 mins of video watching after its hit 0 and it bugs tje crap outta me cuz I don't know a reliable time the charge will last
    01-02-12 12:53 PM
    I have noticed that once my battery hits about 5% it lasts a long time. is there any good battery boosting apps available?
    01-02-12 02:19 PM
    Didn't see this thread before today. Glad to see all the responses are pretty darn accurate and reasonable.

MiIano, there are no "boosting" apps, and really there's no way to write such an app for this OS yet. The best you'll get is my app Battery Guru, which shows the details the OS doesn't show yet, including battery voltage, power, and "health" (max capacity, which effectively lets you monitor the life of your battery long-term). Using this app you can learn how various activities affect power consumption and battery life, and learn to adjust your own usage to maximize the battery life.

If yours gets "stuck" at 5% for a long time, or seems to last much longer below 5% than the life above 5% would suggest, you may want to do a complete drain (till it shuts off on its own) and a full recharge (till it stops charging, not just till you first see a 100% reading), as that should help the OS recalibrate and provide more accurate battery readings in future.

minnick, I think you'd be happier with it giving you an extra 30 minutes than if it claimed to have 30 minutes left but then shut off... it's effectively impossible to provide a perfectly accurate reading of battery capacity remaining, so they likely are deliberately including a bit of safety margin to make sure people aren't "caught short"...
    01-03-12 11:04 AM
    No, it doesn't sound normal. For me, overnight usually drains around 5%.

I turn off all connections (wifi, bluetooth) just in case before bed, but I'm not sure if that has any impact.
    01-04-12 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD