Hi

I have a Playbook that depleted completelly the battery and i allready followed the steps on other threads to solve this issue and had no luck.
    Connecting to Power the Red Led is on and goes Off then sometimes i see a battery on the screen with no charge.
    Sometimes it displays the Blackberry Playbook Screen with the circles and after sometime it goes off.
    It seems that he doesnt receive power to the battery as even after na overnight charge, still no activity.

i did:

- Hard Reset
    -Stack charging with USB and Rapid Charger
    -Repair with Desktop App it updates but then can't connect to the Playbook after the upgrade (message displayed on the update)
    -and any other thing that i don't remembre

Is it possible that is a firmware issue and can i try to erase the actual FW and update with CFP or other app?

Please help, i really don't know what to do more and warranty is expired...

03-07-13 05:08 AM
    Hey there, I had the same problem with my PB and I got it back to life doing this:

1-Try to do a full cycle of charge (for at least few hours) and see if this works (didn't work for me)
    2-Use the PB wall charger and do a plug/unplug (it can takes quite a long time, but it worked for my PB).

If your PB doesn't wake up doing this, let me know!
    wafa510 likes this.
    03-07-13 05:19 AM
    hi
    Tkx for your reply

I tryed that allready but didn't work
    I think that or the OS is corrupted and needs to be forced flashed or i have to open the thing and reset the battery conector, but i was avoiding that as i don't have any plastic pry to open it.
    Any help whould be apreciated
    03-07-13 09:29 AM
    Hey,
    Same thing that you are describing happened on my brother's PB. I tried everything I could think of to get it powered up again but nothing worked. I finally managed to get it working through stack charging with a standard PB wall charger. The forums I read said to not do it more than six times, but I figured what the heck, if it doesn't work now then I cant really hurt it. I must have stack charged twelve or so times. Left it plugged in the last time through for about 15 minutes, and it was finally charging again. It has worked perfectly ever since. Maybe it was just luck, but it worked for me. Hope you get it going again!
    03-07-13 09:38 AM
    mine went dead a few times but simply leaving it plugged in for a few hours with the stock wall charger worked for me each time. usb will not work
    03-07-13 09:42 AM
    Hi

I allready tryed Stack Charging to exaustion, but i only managed to get the Blackberry Playbook Screen with the colored circles.
    03-07-13 09:43 AM
    sorry man. to me it sounds like you are right there. getting anything to appear on the screen must mean you are doing something right. don't give up. can you go by a upgraded charger or a cradle charger and try that? more vots/amps and you can return it if it works or even if it doesnt
    03-07-13 10:08 AM
    i bought the rapid charger 2Amps 3 pin
    03-07-13 11:23 AM
    I know that some companies actually recomend draining the battery on their devices in order to do a recalibration. For example Apple said that from time to time it was recomended to drain the iPhone to 0% in order to recalibrate it. I was thinking of doing the same on the playbook but then I read about the above issue some months ago. I taught they might fix it in the upcoming updates but is the issue still here? Should I drain my battery until it shuts down? Or is it a bad ideea?
    03-07-13 12:18 PM
    Man, Don't do it.
    They don't like that
    03-07-13 12:20 PM
    I know that some companies actually recomend draining the battery on their devices in order to do a recalibration. For example Apple said that from time to time it was recomended to drain the iPhone to 0% in order to recalibrate it. I was thinking of doing the same on the playbook but then I read about the above issue some months ago. I taught they might fix it in the upcoming updates but is the issue still here? Should I drain my battery until it shuts down? Or is it a bad ideea?
    very bad idea. no need. the qnx system has no need to calibrate like that. a simple restart of the playbook is all you will ever need
    03-07-13 12:36 PM
    somerelated information from the BBRY web site http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27705
    03-07-13 12:43 PM
    Ok, thanks guys! Will drop the drain ideea. No good for the PB.
    03-07-13 01:26 PM
    i bought the rapid charger 2Amps 3 pin
    I've had hit and misses with using the rapid charger, even when the PlayBook wasn't drained. I would keep trying with the standard charger.
    03-07-13 04:34 PM
    Compumad

It seems you aren't getting a clear solution to your problem. I'm sorry about that. I am having the same problem and currently my PB is working fine despite indicating there is ZERO charge (battery indicator is red and empty). It's so strange. It has all the issues you described when I try and charge it. This morning, it wouldn't accept a charge, indicated it was empty and would power itself on while it was turned off and charging. Weird!

What is stack charging?
    What is hard reset? Will I lose my media/games if I do this?
    I guess I should try and connect to desktop manager and reinstall the software?

Please offer your input. Thanks.

Via Blackberry Bold & Tapatalk
    03-08-13 03:13 PM
    I've brought 4 back to life with rapid charger.
    Put on rapid charger for 2hrs and hit power button. Patience is key.
    Has worked for me.
    03-08-13 05:24 PM
    Compumad

It seems you aren't getting a clear solution to your problem. I'm sorry about that. I am having the same problem and currently my PB is working fine despite indicating there is ZERO charge (battery indicator is red and empty). It's so strange. It has all the issues you described when I try and charge it. This morning, it wouldn't accept a charge, indicated it was empty and would power itself on while it was turned off and charging. Weird!

What is stack charging?
    What is hard reset? Will I lose my media/games if I do this?
    I guess I should try and connect to desktop manager and reinstall the software?

Please offer your input. Thanks.

I suggest you google stack charging. lots of articles on the subject. easier than typing it all out for you.
    a hard reset is when you press the volume + and - and power buttons all at the same time. in my experience the regular reset fuction does the same thing.
    you will not lose any data doing this. a security wipe is the only thing that will delete data. only do this if you feel the OS is corrupted. I have only had to do a wipe once, but that was after I intentially experimented with some instructions that damaged the OS.
    I hope this helps
    03-08-13 05:25 PM
    hi
    Tkx for your reply

I tryed that allready but didn't work
    I think that or the OS is corrupted and needs to be forced flashed or i have to open the thing and reset the battery conector, but i was avoiding that as i don't have any plastic pry to open it.
    Any help whould be apreciated
    The OS is not corrupt. Simply use the wall charger and plug the cable into the smartphone and unplug it and repeat a few times.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-09-13 05:30 AM
    Hi

I allready tryed Stack Charging to exaustion, but i only managed to get the Blackberry Playbook Screen with the colored circles.
    I dare say you are either fibbing or a troll. The ideas in the thread work.

03-09-13 05:31 AM
    Hi All
    My PB says 0% battery. Battery is red and empty. When I charge with PB charger, it won't accept charge. When I turn PB off and charge with PB charger it shows the red light, followed by yellow light gradually blinking as if it's accepting charge, but after about 20mins, PB turns itself on and reverts to previous state where it won't accept charge. My PB charger seems fine. It charges my 9930. When I connect PB to desktop manager it says 0% charge also.

So I have no need for stacking, since the PB will initialize, but it won't accept charge from my pc or from PB charger. The battery never indicates it's charging with a lightning bolt through it when the PB is on, no matter what I try and charge it with. It's like it just won't accept charge. I read through this thread and can't figure this out.

Ideas would be appreciated.

03-09-13 07:38 AM
    Hi All
    My PB says 0% battery. Battery is red and empty. When I charge with PB charger, it won't accept charge. When I turn PB off and charge with PB charger it shows the red light, followed by yellow light gradually blinking as if it's accepting charge, but after about 20mins, PB turns itself on and reverts to previous state where it won't accept charge. My PB charger seems fine. It charges my 9930. When I connect PB to desktop manager it says 0% charge also.

So I have no need for stacking, since the PB will initialize, but it won't accept charge from my pc or from PB charger. The battery never indicates it's charging with a lightning bolt through it when the PB is on, no matter what I try and charge it with. It's like it just won't accept charge. I read through this thread and can't figure this out.

Ideas would be appreciated.

Ensure the microUSB connector is seated firmly and evenly in the port. You might have a faulty battery but let's rule out other possibilities first.

A recharge from 0% takes quite a while to register on the battery meter. Be patient.

03-09-13 09:15 PM
    Ensure the microUSB connector is seated firmly and evenly in the port. You might have a faulty battery but let's rule out other possibilities first.

A recharge from 0% takes quite a while to register on the battery meter. Be patient.

Hey- thanks for the info. So, I finally ignored the empty battery and just started using it. After playing a game for a half hour, I noticed the battery showed 67% charge!?! So weird! I used it till it went down to 25%. I attached the charger, but the battery indicator never showed it was charging. So I turned it off and began charging it again. It went through the proper cycle and began charging. I unpluged it to bring it to another outlet and it turned itself on. It intitialized and while it was doing so, I plugged it into another outlet. When it was finished initializing, I saw the charging battery indicator.

I don't know what to think. It's so odd. Clearly the battery had some charge in it before even though it indicated 0%. I will see what happens in the morning; see if it has a charge.

03-09-13 10:36 PM