Can I associate files on my PB with installed applications. I have ereader epub files, but they won't open through any of the file explorere programs because no application is associated with them. I have epub readers installed, but I guess they didn't force any file associations.
    Right clicking in windows works on the pc, but is there any way to do this on the PB?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tslemko; 12-03-11 at 12:11 PM.
    MedChemist likes this.
    12-03-11 12:08 PM
    The file associations need to be done by the application, not the operating system. Try sending an email to support of the file browser app that you are using to see if they can put the association in a future update.

In the windows world it is the same way, the file associations are set by the file browser, but you have the option to edit these associations.
    12-03-11 12:44 PM
    Actually, at this time developers have no means of setting up new associations in their apps. Only the pre-defined associations to the bundled apps such as DocsToGo are avaliable, and they work based on file extensions.

This is an area RIM is working on but there's no public roadmap for when we'll have any support for custom associations.
    12-03-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD