I think the current OS is just fine,I don't need a complete new OS, and I don't think they have enough human resouce and time for that.
    After puy my hands on Q10, I like the tablet OS even more.

But I do wish RIM could make some updates for us, like jellybean runtime, OTG, Asian language input, a better broswer like the one on BB10. Does those things really need a new OS to realize?

Compare making a complete new OS, those updates aren't that hard, right ?

Since RIM did mentioned they will continue support for old devices, I think we should let them hear our voices, let them know what we want other than a new OS.
    06-28-13 08:21 AM
    I would have liked the thought of BlackBerry 10 on my PlayBook but I have it on my phone.

People who don't have a Q10 / Z10 who bought a PlayBook purely for the reason of BB10 coming to the PlayBook should be the most annoyed.

I bought my first PlayBook pre BB10 promise and was happy with it and still am. I do miss the Bridge features I must say.

Posted via my CB Q10
    06-28-13 08:26 AM
    I've never been that fussed about BB10 for my PlayBooks, truth be told.

I WOULD like a decent version of the Kindle app, and perhaps some updates improvements to various versions.

Other than that, as a tablet it performs just peachy for my needs. Yes, I'd like Skype, but that's on my Z10, can't really envisage a scenario where I'd have my PlayBook, and not my Z10, and want to use Skype. I'd only like a decent version of Kindle, because the 7" screen seems an ideal in terms of size / convenience, for ebook reading.
    06-28-13 08:39 AM
    I didn't want BlackBerry 10 for playbook.

It's not a tablet os.. playbook os is built for playbook and 10 is not

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    Pulkit Kamal likes this.
    06-28-13 08:41 AM
    all I want is an updated browser, stand alone bbm, new keyboard(maybe). and a tweaked ui but I still want it to look like pbos. oh and throw some cascades framework in there.
    06-28-13 08:51 AM
    I don't need bb10, just updated browser, keyboard.. the thing is that I won't believe them ever again. No credibility, a tomar por culo, Thor!

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    06-28-13 09:27 AM
    People are being children... the silence of bb10 for playbook meant they were testing bb10 on pb and it didn't work flawlessly... what we need to worry and pressure them is whether updates will continue. such as android 4.2.2, bb10 quality browser and full featured bridge function.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Trini-34 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:34 AM
    People are being children... the silence of bb10 for playbook meant they were testing bb10 on pb and it didn't work flawlessly... what we need to worry and pressure them is whether updates will continue. such as android 4.2.2, bb10 quality browser and full featured bridge function.

I have to agree with you regarding the PlayBook itself. The broken promise is a different topic though. They could have added the things you mentioned and called it pb10 and save face. I would have been satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    wayne504 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:41 AM

Huh? How to you think bb10 was created In the first place? The PB WAS the test bed for it!
    06-28-13 09:56 AM
    But the current playbook os is pretty much shocking already ! how much worse could bb10 be... if it's taking this long to basically kick us all in the balls. Why does Anyone think there going to bother upgrading core components..very annoyed as I paid 400 for a device that's rife with problems but had 3 updates in 3 fking years!!! Bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:16 AM
    I didn't reallywant the full bb10.
    A better browser and access to the bb10 apps would have been good enough.
    But now after bbry admitted bb10 isn't coming and said nothing else I'm sure we wont get anything.
    06-28-13 10:21 AM

It doesn't work flawlessly on the phone either. I guess they should discontinue those also.

I could care less about BB10 on my pb. I can care about it being updated to something that fixes the issues with it and a CEO making statements he knows damn well aren't going to happen. You can all say he didn't know but why lie to yourself?
    06-28-13 10:22 AM
    It doesn't work flawlessly on the phone either. I guess they should discontinue those also.

I could care less about BB10 on my pb. I can care about it being updated to something that fixes the issues with it and a CEO making statements he knows damn well aren't going to happen. You can all say he didn't know but why lie to yourself?
    Hmm yes it does work flawlessly, are you referring to ****ty android ports that has nothing to do with the OS itself?

06-28-13 01:12 PM
    Hmm yes it does work flawlessly, are you referring to ****ty android ports that has nothing to do with the OS itself?

that only has something to do with the android player, which is not a core part of QNX or BB10.
    Last edited by qwang; 06-28-13 at 03:25 PM.
    06-28-13 02:11 PM
    All I need now are more android sideloads. Will the 'BB10 xsacha debug token apk2bar' load open up the Playbook to a new native dalvik frontier?
    06-28-13 02:39 PM
    that only has something to do with the android player, with is not a core part of QNX or BB10.
    Exactly. The guy I quoted said BlackBerry 10 runs like crap on the phones. Rofl???

Last edited by Dave Bourque; 06-28-13 at 04:17 PM.
    06-28-13 02:42 PM
    if you dont want donate. i have 2 64 gb and 1 second hand 32 gb. i need just one 16 gb. if you wish to you can donate me a board to play with.
    thanks
    -paul
    06-28-13 02:46 PM

No, don't you read the forums? Or are they all trolls? I think not.
    06-28-13 04:08 PM
    Exactly. The guy I quotes said BlackBerry 10 runs like crap on the phones. Rofl???

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I said it isn't flawless as you said it is.
    06-28-13 04:09 PM

You talk sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 06:12 PM
    totally agree with OP, if plan A does not work,

then we need Plan B... I am not a computer programmer, I don't know how the back-end work, but certain feature for sure does not need recode the whole OS to 1 and 0 level. Also Fix the bridge for us.

1)jellybean runtime, 2) OTG, 3)Asian language input 4) bb10 broswer

some feature are already exist... just convert to PB for us...
    06-28-13 10:35 PM
    What a load of crap. No BB10 means that whatever apps you have is all you get, ever. What stupid developer wants to waste time and money building a unique release for a one-off platform? The Playbook had a long future with BB10 as a new base since the application space would have opened up, and developers had more clients to target their wares to. Continued revenue was guaranteed from Playbook users migrated to BB10 and liabilities would have been removed by phasing out PBOS (especially knowing that more than 98% of Playbooks run the very latest OS release). The people happy with the status quo don't use their devices for what it is worth or they have been put to good use as a doorstop.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-13 11:30 PM
    I'd read no BB10 for PlayBook as basically meaning very little further development of the PB OS as well. Though I could be wrong. And I hope I am. I'd like to see some more OS updates for the PlayBook Tablet OS.
    06-28-13 11:45 PM
    I would have liked the thought of BlackBerry 10 on my PlayBook but I have it on my phone.

People who don't have a Q10 / Z10 who bought a PlayBook purely for the reason of BB10 coming to the PlayBook should be the most annoyed.

I bought my first PlayBook pre BB10 promise and was happy with it and still am. I do miss the Bridge features I must say.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Wow exactly what I was about to say word for word 0_o Lmao

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:50 PM
    What a load of crap. No BB10 means that whatever apps you have is all you get, ever. What stupid developer wants to waste time and money building a unique release for a one-off platform? The Playbook had a long future with BB10 as a new base since the application space would have opened up, and developers had more clients to target their wares to. Continued revenue was guaranteed from Playbook users migrated to BB10 and liabilities would have been removed by phasing out PBOS (especially knowing that more than 98% of Playbooks run the very latest OS release). The people happy with the status quo don't use their devices for what it is worth or they have been put to good use as a doorstop.
    even there's BB10 for playbook, developers still need to make a unique release for playbook, the resolution is unique.

An updated android runtime can make you forget about apps, most android app will run perfectly like native with the new sideload menthod.
    06-29-13 03:29 AM
29 12