Hey was just wondering if there's any ETA for new Dingleberry 4 ? And what all features is it going to have ?

Any Idea ?
    11-05-12 09:38 AM
    Only xsacha can answer that exactly..
    But from what I've read:
    Dingleberry 4 is going to allow to root already rootable firmware only (so no 2.1s and 2.0s after the RIM downgrade fix)
    It will have script to make apps needing newer versions of firmware work..
    It will allow you to install apps including BBM..
    11-05-12 10:27 AM
    Awaiting anxiously
    11-05-12 12:15 PM
    I don't think xsacha can answer it even, I wouldn't expect it to be to much longer since he has a new playbook, maybe within the next 2 months if I had to guess.
    11-05-12 02:40 PM
    I spoke with xsacha, his pb broke down, it doesnt wont to boot up. He has sent it for RMA so lets hope he gets it soon. Then I guess he could make it within one month...
    11-05-12 04:38 PM
    After the DB 4 comment on the other thread, I was placing bets with myself on just how long it would be for this thread to be created.
    11-05-12 07:08 PM
    It was Chris Wade. Pretty sure we had a bet that he wouldn't finalize it... That was months ago and here we are
    11-06-12 12:17 AM
    It was Chris Wade. Pretty sure we had a bet that he wouldn't finalize it... That was months ago and here we are
    Until BB10 is released, there is no point in publishing a new exploit anyways...
    I would much rather have the new BB with root than dinking around with a tablet...
    As soon as an exploit is released RIM will patch it...
    The waiting game continues
    11-07-12 04:45 PM
    Until BB10 is released, there is no point in publishing a new exploit anyways...
    I would much rather have the new BB with root than dinking around with a tablet...
    As soon as an exploit is released RIM will patch it...
    The waiting game continues
    Waiting for what? If you wanna hack your device get an android. BB is about security.... Not loopholes
    taz323 likes this.
    11-09-12 11:01 AM
    I'm betting that DB4 is just vapor.

The old exploit involved futzing with the backups. Now the backups are encryptable and un-futz-able. The OS also won't allow downgrading to a version that uses un-encrypted backups.

No root exploit of a live OS has ever been demonstrated for these devices and I have serious doubts it'll ever happen.
    11-09-12 04:25 PM
    I'm betting that DB4 is just vapor.

The old exploit involved futzing with the backups. Now the backups are encryptable and un-futz-able. The OS also won't allow downgrading to a version that uses un-encrypted backups.

No root exploit of a live OS has ever been demonstrated for these devices and I have serious doubts it'll ever happen.
    Dingleberry 4 IS coming, xsacha has mentioned this multiple times. It will not contain any new exploits, but it will bring a host of new features such as upgrading rooted devices to an updated hybrid OS allowing use of the latest features and apps on rooted devices. Obviously you need an already rooted device for it to do any good, but it should still be useful for a number of people (bearing in mind that a brand new PB can be rooted provided it has not gone through the initial setup process yet).
    11-09-12 05:21 PM
    Obviously you need an already rooted device for it to do any good, but it should still be useful for a number of people (bearing in mind that a brand new PB can be rooted provided it has not gone through the initial setup process yet).
    More precisely, provided that you are able to buy "brand new" Playbooks that don't already have loaded with 2.1 --- which doesn't require the initial set-up process.
    11-09-12 09:43 PM
    More precisely, provided that you are able to buy "brand new" Playbooks that don't already have loaded with 2.1 --- which doesn't require the initial set-up process.
    As of today's date 2012-11-16:
    At this point in time most if not all units are NOT going to have 2.1 on them as shipped. (WiFi only models)
    USA retailers are clearancing out of dead stock (PlayBooks) /warehouses are being cleared.

All three of the PB 64GB's I've bought in last week (that came from different store locations around a 200 mile radius) from Office Depot (USA) had a production date of 2011-01. ( running 1.xxx)

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 11-16-12 at 11:04 PM.
    11-15-12 07:07 PM
    If you buy a PB from a store (Walmart), it will be BRAND new. Also turning the PB on shouldn't hurt it, as long as you don't complete the setup.
    11-16-12 06:51 PM