Ever since I updated to 2.1 beta I have been inundated with "New Email" notifications.

I have 4 email addresses and facebook messages set up in the app.

My Pb keeps pulling in messages (hundreds of them) even after I had marked them as "Read". The messages are often from a couple of years ago.

I also get a message telling me to "Connect to Wi-Fi to send and receive messages. Click here to connect." even though I am already connected to wi-fi.

The app is also slower than it used to be in general and crashing more often than in 2.0.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
    06-04-12 05:02 PM
    If you have thousands of tweets, FB notifications, emails and so on ... it will be long. Very long. Marking them as read is - probably - totally unusefull until all got synced. I'd personally deactivate most of the accounts and reactivate them one by one, after each sync finished.
    06-04-12 05:27 PM
    One of the issue you describe has plagued people prior to this OS release, namely the emails reverting to unread. I experienced it every day and after this beta install it went away, however I now get the WiFi connect message you mentioned. This is why they call it a Beta!
    06-04-12 05:36 PM
    Had the wifi connect thing on 2.0.1.358 the last couple of weeks then on 2.1 until I did a security wipe to resolve a laggy keyboard and problems streaming flash video. Now everything works great again.
    06-04-12 06:05 PM
    I may try doing a complete wipe if this problem persists. Currently it only happens every few days but its still annoying nonetheless.
    06-04-12 07:54 PM
    Don't have any of these issues on the 2.1 beta. I would suggest either a security wipe, or a debrick with a backup to completely reload the OS to fresh.
    06-05-12 06:55 AM
    I have had none of these issues either. The only issue I seem to be having is the inconsistency of the auto correct/suggest line above the keyboard. But this is an issue in 2.0 as well. I would love to see an update to get this working with virtual keyboard as well as the bt ones.
    06-05-12 07:31 AM
    I had the same issues with 2.1, I rolled back to 2.0.1 and don't have them anymore.

I found the messages app the worst part of 2.1
    06-05-12 07:40 AM
    I do hope someone at RIM monitors this forum for feedback from all kinds of users and uses it to fix issues. Otherwise having it available for a lot that will not bother to post findings in the beta zone does them no good.
    06-05-12 07:40 AM
    My PB did that from day ONE for my POP accounts. It's not a 2.1 related issue.
    06-05-12 09:47 AM
    use an android launcher and use the Email app, works great.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-21-12 03:42 PM
    use an android launcher and use the Email app, works great.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Android email can also be launched from Ghost Commander (in app world) --Applications/Email/Shortcuts/Email-Main.. But, more to the point, when I updated, my one POP email account showed 2700 unread emails. Eventually, I fixed things by, using my desktop computer, accessing this account, creating a new folder called "Old Email", and moving all my messages out of my inbox and into this new folder. Using this method, I could move 100 messages at a time with only two clicks. Doing this got rid of all the unread messages on my PB.
    06-21-12 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD