Hey Guys. I have ported over my android app store client to playbook but am having difficulty figuring out what the full download path would be.

Does anyone know the full file path from an installed BAR files that was converted from an APK and installed on the playbook? If i wanted this app store client to save files to a specific file path that would make it really easy new users to find their bar file?

I was thinking ideally like the same download directory the default web browser saves to, which is /downloads/ but i have a feeling its like misc/android/downloads but does anyone know the legit file path for the code to tell the playbook where to save stuff?

Thanks in Advance.
    03-01-12 02:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure that /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/download is just a symbolic link back to /accounts/1000/shared/download. If I copy a file into one of those folders it also appears in the other. In fact, most of the common folders seem to be linked in this way: pictures, videos, camera (DCIM), etc. The only exception seems to be the "documents" folder for which I can find no equivalent under the android tree.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you working on an app to download BAR files directly onto the PB? If so, then my question is: Why bother? There's no way that I know of to install BAR files from within the PB OS - you need to be outside using DDPB from a PC.

But then you already knew that, so...

RCK
    03-01-12 04:33 AM
    well mainly, i want to make it easier for people to download bars directly into their playbook using the app store link, and have them all in a singular directory to make side loading easier.

the next step would involve utilizing some elements from ddpb installer and other command line operations to allow people to automatically install bar files they download.
    03-01-12 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD