Alright, so, if there's a thread about this problem or any mention of it somewhere, I haven't been able to find it in my two days of searching.

Basically, I upgraded to the beta a few days back. Tried side-loading apps onto my PB. Didn't work. So, I security wiped. Upgraded again, tried side-loading apps. This time, they appeared, but I couldn't open them - I can tap them all I want, move them around, put them in folders, but I can't actually run them. I've tried a good ten .bar files that are confirmed working (Gmaps, Dolphin HD, ICS, Honeycomb, etc.)

I've tried four more security wipes, no luck. Same result every time - I side load, the app shows up, I can't do anything but move it around or delete it. They'll react if tapped, but they just depress and then come back up when I take my finger away.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've also tried side-loading with the command-line and GUI sideloader alongside DDPB. Nothing.
    10-25-11 09:01 PM
    OP, I have exactly the same problem. The Apps load and show an icon. With all other Apps closed, touching the icon causes it to dim. Holding down the icon causes the delete button to popup.

Perhaps, are there certain preferences that need to be set?
    Last edited by mandony; 10-26-11 at 07:07 AM.
    10-25-11 10:12 PM
    I have the same issue. Did the same steps. NEED HELP
    10-26-11 02:34 AM
    Add me to the list of users with this issue. It frustrating to see the icons and not be able to click them...I need my fart apps(j/k)
    10-26-11 08:09 AM
    Add me to the list of users with this issue. It frustrating to see the icons and not be able to click them...I need my fart apps(j/k)
    I had the same issue...did a security wipe and now i can't even get em to load....if I were an app developer trying to port my app over to PlayBook...I'd have thrown in the towel by now.
    10-26-11 08:11 AM
    So at least it's not just me suffering, haha. Hopefully somebody has a fix - I'd like to run the apps, but for some reason my PB doesn't want to!

I haven't previously had the Android player installed on the PB (I just bought it recently), so that's not an issue.
    10-26-11 01:39 PM
    I too have side loaded android apps using the bbhtools with mixed results.

When I first attempted nothing would load, so following some advice on the forums, I also did a security wipe and then attempted to reload. I reloaded Angry Birds, Island Mini Golf, Google Maps and Governor Of Poker, they all worked no problem. I was then thinking he security wipe worked. I next attempted Kindle, it didn't work, it loads and icon shows but nothing happens when I attempt to use it. So I did another wipe and attempted to load 12 apps using the drag and drop feature in BBHTOOLs, all loaded perfectly but only the original four worked, the remaining 8 are shown as loaded, but none are operational.

Not sure what to make of this?
    10-26-11 03:03 PM
    I had this same issue.
    I had to do a security wipe which killed all the apps.
    Downgrade to OS 1 as I was outside of the 24 Hour window after I upgraded to OS2
    Re-upgrade to OS2.
    Then I couldn't load Apps so I did another security wipe within the 24 hour window
    After it came back up I checked for a software update to get all the Apps to come back and then everything worked for me.

A bit of a pain but I'm told it may have been due to having the leaked version of the Android player on my system from before I upgraded to OS2.

Hope this helps.
    10-26-11 03:09 PM
    I tried rolling back to OS 1, adding the android player, then upgrading to 2 and running apps. Same result. Urgh!
    10-26-11 10:24 PM
    Hello! It's not necessary to downgrade to OS 1, just register again to download OS 2 with your PIN and e-mail in order to have another 24hour window. Execute a securiy wipe and during the setup process the PB will be updated. After that my Android applications works.

Hope this help!!
    10-27-11 12:24 AM
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I have the same problem, Please Help
    01-02-12 02:01 PM
    Are any of you experiencing this problem have a rooted playbook?
    01-03-12 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD