With Google's Android 4.0 on the verge of being released, I was wondering if the Blackberry playbook would ever see such a thing running from the existing Android Player 2.2. I know that there are currently lots of Android 2.2 users, and that 4.0 is still only available for a few devices, however, if Blackberry would port it over then wouldn't that be just absolutely magnificent? What do you guys think? Will it be possible?
    11-27-11 04:09 PM
    I believe RIM have already stated that once Android 4.0 is open sourced (might have happened already) they would look to bring this to the Android Player on the Playbook, which would be great as we could get Android Apps that are designed for tablets rather than the 2.3 Apps which are really for Smartphones.
    11-27-11 04:22 PM
    With Google's Android 4.0 on the verge of being released, I was wondering if the Blackberry playbook would ever see such a thing running from the existing Android Player 2.2. I know that there are currently lots of Android 2.2 users, and that 4.0 is still only available for a few devices, however, if Blackberry would port it over then wouldn't that be just absolutely magnificent? What do you guys think? Will it be possible?
    I bought the playbook for the excellent OS. Why don't you just buy an Android tablet if that's what you want? Yes I know the Playbook has excellent hardware but still you should just get an Android tablet. QNX is far superior to Android in my opinion.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    11-27-11 04:27 PM
    I bought the playbook for the excellent OS. Why don't you just buy an Android tablet if that's what you want? Yes I know the Playbook has excellent hardware but still you should just get an Android tablet. QNX is far superior to Android in my opinion.

Well said, I'd prefer native QNX/BBX Apps over Android.
    11-27-11 04:37 PM

That's why it's even better to have best of both worlds, QNX with Android support. No?
    Juanntwo3 and KermEd like this.
    11-27-11 05:19 PM
    isnt the android player 2.3 currently? i think it is.

as for 4.0, does it really make any difference? its not the UI or anything, so from an end user perspective what do you think it would do?
    11-27-11 10:55 PM
    isnt the android player 2.3 currently? i think it is.

as for 4.0, does it really make any difference? its not the UI or anything, so from an end user perspective what do you think it would do?
    support for all new and upcoming apps for a better, cleaner experience.
    11-27-11 11:56 PM
    It should be easy port android 4 for RIM, just include the new API's in next build. I like the ability to run android apps because it allows me to create my own personnel use apps with basicforandroid development software. RIM has done a poor job of making development software available for PB. I've converted my personnel apps over to android and when I ran them on OS2 they work great. I have retired my Palm TX!
    11-28-11 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD