Hello all ...

So I am torn here. Do I wait till February and stick with properly functioning Bridge and such till February or do I load the OS 2 Beta so I can play with all the Android apps people are sideloading but lose Bridge which I use alot but could live without?

Opinions?
    10-26-11 07:22 PM
    Do you like to play? There is your answer.
    algutier likes this.
    10-26-11 07:23 PM
    You'll lose more than bridge. Media player has issues, browser is more unstable, various other things.
    10-26-11 07:30 PM
    Stick with what you have for the moment and don't upgrade

FWIW - Jeff
    10-26-11 07:35 PM
    only problem i have with browser is it sometimes shuts itself down i can get everything in bridge except online webpages i still get mesages and bbm through the bridge workaround BUT i havent found a single android app that works that i find a must have or even remotley usefull to me as of yet.....but you may find a app you really want that does work so personally id take a peek at the list of working apps then decide
    10-26-11 07:35 PM
    The browser crashes a lot more in general. The media player eventually will lock up the device. All NDK apps won't work. Some other apps don't work (like Webreader)
    10-26-11 07:40 PM
    ah yes i forgot about the apps not working dead space dont work not sure about many others the snooker one works but in since the time i upgraded to beta 2.0 i think ive had 4 browser crashes which isnt bad as i sit n brows most days for a good while not had any problem with the music player thingy at all and ive used that everyday but ive heard some right horror stories regarding upgrading to the beta so it seems one persons okness isnt the same as another persons regarding the upgrade (that makes sence to me if not to you blame it on the fact its 2.am here)
    10-26-11 07:44 PM
    You could always try 2.0 out for a while and if you don't like it you can just downgrade, Thats what I did. there were just to many bugs in 2.0 so I went back to the original.
    10-26-11 08:37 PM
    is the beta still available for download???i would like to try it out. anyone can point to the exact link for download?thx
    10-26-11 08:50 PM
    10-26-11 09:07 PM
    I upgraded.. tried it out.. glad I did.. liked it.

But in the end, I didn't want any of the android apps that are working, and the broken browser and video chat where annoying, so I reverted back.. going to hold out until the release now.
    10-26-11 09:15 PM
    i would like to try it out once. just to get an idea of what to expect in the coming months. since it can be downgraded…why not?…

thx for the link!just registered and got the update…haven't click on the upgrade button yet. yikes!
    10-26-11 09:31 PM
    Yup same here. Too many bugs and generally unstable.
    10-26-11 09:31 PM
    i would like to try it out once. just to get an idea of what to expect in the coming months. since it can be downgraded…why not?…

thx for the link!just registered and got the update…haven't click on the upgrade button yet. yikes!
    I upgraded, liked the UI and new features, but broke bridge apps and WiFi. Tried everything to get them working, but no luck. WiFi was the major deal-breaker because it hosed up Software Updates. So I downgraded and got WiFi back, but bridge apps are still broke (except the browser and bridge files). Not everyone has had these issues, but enough have that I wish I had heeded the warnings. Proceed at your own risk...
    10-26-11 10:41 PM
    I too wondered if I should download the Beta OS 2. I decided to download it last night and I must say I have had no issues with wifi or broken bridge apps (which I depend on). The bridge actually works flawlessly with my 9700. Wifi recognized immediately. I do not video chat because in my circle of friends I am the only one with a Playbook while everyone else has an iPad 2. Browser works flawlessly as well.

Maybe I am just a lucky beta downloader...
    10-26-11 10:54 PM
    No such thing as OS2 beta, its basically 'As far as we got with OS2 Prod we screwed up' but lets release it as a beta! Just shows how crap they are if thats as far as they got with it. the only improvement is the browser doesnt hang as much. whether OS1 / 2beta, whatever. Its still a crap unfinished bugged product.

Happy we just purchased another 9000 Good licenses and I jumped ship before it sank and have my iPad for work.
    10-26-11 11:21 PM
    I jumped ship before it sank and have my iPad for work.
    you know your post is not helping at all.if you want to talk about ipad pls go to the right thread. i'm not going to jump ship or whatever. if you have any concrete ideas/ experience with os.2.0 it will be helpful. thats what this thread is for
    10-27-11 12:47 AM
    I haven't upgraded , so might wait it out!
    10-27-11 01:41 AM
    I installed the beta and played with it for a few days, then went back to the current "normal" OS. I was pretty excited about getting "native" email in the Android app player, but I found the Android mail programs to be clunky. And, I got fed up with browser crashes and more frequent game crashes.

One good thing about the experience... Having seen that the Android mail apps are lacking, I am much more content routing all my mail through Gmail and using their web interface.
    10-27-11 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD