Anyone else find the Adobe PDF reader to be laggy?

I had a 18 page, 1MB document open last night and it was a pain swiping between pages and scrolling. I'm not interested in another reader because I use Files and Folders to browse for and open files.

I still find it incredibly annoying that you can only have one PDF document open at a time. Hopefully this is fixed when BB10 hits the PlayBook.
    02-22-13 09:11 PM
    I found the same thing.
    02-22-13 09:35 PM
    I'm not sure why Files and Folders is your limiting factor, especially since there are a number of PDF readers available with their own internal file browsers which allow you to naviigate the PB's file system and open PDFs in the same way you do with F&F. Plus, having multiple readers allows you to open multiple PDFs simultaneously. Finally, some of these readers have many more functions than the Adobe Reader- they have bookmark support, they have working links, and they allow you to edit or mark up documents, among other things.

But to directly answer your question, no, my Adobe Reader is not laggy.
    02-22-13 11:24 PM
    Full images take a little less than a second to render on scrolling but not much lag otherwise for me (Except during zooming and that too, the reader doesn't lag, just the rendering).
    02-24-13 01:59 PM
    I'm not sure why Files and Folders is your limiting factor, especially since there are a number of PDF readers available with their own internal file browsers which allow you to naviigate the PB's file system and open PDFs in the same way you do with F&F.
    I have a few of PDF readers on the PlayBook - the native one and a couple of others including an Android ported one.
    And while they do have internal file browsers, the browsers are different for each application meaning there's no consistency between applications. On a Windows PC, file browsers are all virtually identical across all applications. On the PlayBook they're not, so if you're opening and closing several PDF files while in a meeting it can become frustrating navigating various different file browsers.

Plus, having multiple readers allows you to open multiple PDFs simultaneously. Finally, some of these readers have many more functions than the Adobe Reader- they have bookmark support, they have working links, and they allow you to edit or mark up documents, among other things.

But to directly answer your question, no, my Adobe Reader is not laggy.
    Yes, it's true that you can open multiple PDF files at the same time with multiple different readers. However it's the same problem with consistency. One program has one interface, the other has another interface and it's messy, especially again if you're in a meeting and need quick and efficient browsing of your documents.

I was playing with the PDF reader on the Z10 today in the store - again, simple and mostly useless. It's too bad they didn't learn from the PlayBook.
    02-24-13 11:35 PM
    I gave up about the Adobe Pdf reader. It has no features. It is incredibly slow with large and/or complex pdf files like those that layer pictures and texts. It just would not read the magazines that I receive in pdf form. I bought the PB as an ereader first. That was frustrating. Tried Qpdf, same thing. I tried pdf reader, the one that sells for one dollar, and voil�! everything works like a charm. It's quick, it does not freeze, it has bookmarks. Perhaps that Adobe waits for BB10 before putting more work on the PB, but I can't wait longer. This is the best dollar that I have spent on an app!
    02-25-13 06:52 PM
    If you can count on the PlayBook not to do one thing right, it is PDF support. Adobe Reader is the lamest excuse for an app ever.
    03-01-13 01:50 PM