I have managed to make my Passport sync Google Contacts again for my work accounts with the recently changed server. It was a simple case of changing the server address in Account Settings.

However, the Playbook refuses to set up a CardDav access to https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

Has anyone had any success with Playbook and Google contacts?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-19 07:55 AM
    However, the Playbook refuses to set up a CardDav access to https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav
    Are you signed out of Google? It's a step to try when it's not working - https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13355917
    05-08-19 04:22 PM
    I have managed to make my Passport sync Google Contacts again for my work accounts with the recently changed server. It was a simple case of changing the server address in Account Settings.

Has anyone had any success with Playbook and Google contacts?

Posted via CB10
    I have repeatedly tried to set up Contacts on my Passport to no avail following the guides above, and for some reason, this piece of advice seems to work:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ts-carddav-url

Ie I used https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v.../lists/default

and it worked.
    05-19-19 02:26 PM
    I have repeatedly tried to set up Contacts on my Passport to no avail following the guides above, and for some reason, this piece of advice seems to work:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ts-carddav-url

Ie I used https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v.../lists/default

and it worked.
    Thanks, you are right this works on the Passport.... unfortunately on the Playbook it doesn't work with this server either. I also found out that the browser can't log in to Google any more either as it is impossible to type in the text boxes!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-19 03:49 PM
    Thanks, you are right this works on the Passport.... unfortunately on the Playbook it doesn't work with this server either. I also found out that the browser can't log in to Google any more either as it is impossible to type in the text boxes!

Posted via CB10
    I need to try this on my PlayBook when I have a moment. It seemed to work fine a few months ago or so
    05-19-19 04:59 PM
    Same issue here. No problems with Gmail and Google Calendar but Google Contacts can not be set up on my Playbook using the method which works for BB10 devices (Passport here).

Well, another small step to "unconnected" tablet? On the other hand, is it really a bad thing today....
    It seems odd but I like my older devices as Walkman A867 because they have no Internet connection.
    07-05-19 02:01 PM
    Just wondering anyone had ever managed to get their GMail contacts syncing on a Playbook? I tried again today but the BB10 server settings using https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v.../lists/default don't work
    12-11-19 04:01 AM
    I'm using this on both BB10 based Passport and Classic and it works:

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v.../lists/default
    12-12-19 03:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    I should have tried this already. As soon as I have a moment
    01-15-20 03:22 PM
    I'm using this on both BB10 based Passport and Classic and it works:

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v.../lists/default
    Great, but this about the old Playbook!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-20 04:27 PM
    Great, but this about the old Playbook!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry you are too right. I need to try this at the weekend
    01-16-20 05:58 PM
    Sadly I can't get it to work using the same settings as on the Passport. The browser authentification page simply won't come up.

I've also tried setting up the email account first and CardDav account later. No luck.
    01-17-20 04:07 PM
    It must be an authentication issue.

I tried to load contacts.google.com on the PlayBook stock browser and couldn't even type in the email address.
    Last edited by goncal; 01-17-20 at 06:37 PM.
    01-17-20 04:09 PM
    It must be an authentication issue.

I tried to load contacts.google.com on the PlayBook stock browser and couldn't even type in the email address.
    Try hitting the next button, mysteriously it then will allow you to enter something in the email address field. Its a bit slow, but it is amazing the amount of code that empty looking page actually loads (perhaps free up some playbook ram might help? unloading some apps??). I didn't sign in but would be curious if it works after that.
    (maybe turn off "Load images" in Browser Settings Content before attempting to load page)
    A playbook with 2gig or 3 gigs of ram itself might solve this problem? Might get a bit dicey if the tablet only has 2-300 meg of Ram free, to manipulate that particular sign-in page? Either that or the Javascript tools packaging the Google website is using is intolerent of browsers that don't have those packages installed?)
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 04-14-20 at 01:25 AM.
    04-14-20 01:09 AM
    Try hitting the next button, mysteriously it then will allow you to enter something in the email address field. Its a bit slow, but it is amazing the amount of code that empty looking page actually loads (perhaps free up some playbook ram might help? unloading some apps??). I didn't sign in but would be curious if it works after that.
    (maybe turn off "Load images" in Browser Settings Content before attempting to load page)
    A playbook with 2gig or 3 gigs of ram itself might solve this problem? Might get a bit dicey if the tablet only has 2-300 meg of Ram free, to manipulate that particular sign-in page? Either that or the Javascript tools packaging the Google website is using is intolerent of browsers that don't have those packages installed?)
    I have a old cheap NextBook... it's what I replaced the PlayBook with seven years ago. Pulled it out and let it run Windows update... took most of a day to let it do it's thing, would have been quicker to load the latest Windows. But I didn't think the latest Windows would load, as it only has 1GB of Ram. But in the end it's running Windows 1909.

Thing still works really well, just slow compared to my Surface.

In the end it's not the hardware that's letting PlayBook owners down, it's the outdated software.
    04-14-20 07:10 AM
    Need to give this a try. However I have a much bigger problem now. I've posted this on another thread but here goes anyway:

After many years of faitfhul service my PlayBook has died. Battery will simply not charge. Original rapid charger magnet connector, original rapid charger on USB port, hours on end charging. Nothing. Can successfully flash firmware again with BlackBerry link, green light and all. But won't even charge up to the point where it can boot up.

Couple of times it booted up and displayed message, can't update OS as battey charge below 20pc. It would show 0pc and not go beyond. Eventually it would power itself off and stay on charge, green light pulsing. Won't boot up again.

If battery needs replacing then maybe not worth doing at all. But it did die overnight. It would hold charge for a week on standby and all of a sudden this happened.

I do wonder if it's a problem with the motherboard charging circuit...
    05-14-20 11:20 AM
    Need to give this a try. However I have a much bigger problem now. I've posted this on another thread but here goes anyway:

After many years of faitfhul service my PlayBook has died. Battery will simply not charge. Original rapid charger magnet connector, original rapid charger on USB port, hours on end charging. Nothing. Can successfully flash firmware again with BlackBerry link, green light and all. But won't even charge up to the point where it can boot up.

Couple of times it booted up and displayed message, can't update OS as battey charge below 20pc. It would show 0pc and not go beyond. Eventually it would power itself off and stay on charge, green light pulsing. Won't boot up again.

If battery needs replacing then maybe not worth doing at all. But it did die overnight. It would hold charge for a week on standby and all of a sudden this happened.

I do wonder if it's a problem with the motherboard charging circuit...
    So it says it's charging but doesn't actually retain a charge?
    05-20-20 04:06 AM
    That is correct. Forever charging and not holding.a charge. Charger will get slightly warm too. Same as playBook. But not holding a charge
    05-20-20 04:13 AM
    Every day I put the PlayBook on charge for a full 16 hours. It will show the 'charging' symbol every day and the green charging led will pulse confirming it is charging. But it will never power up.
    05-21-20 03:28 AM
    Yes it's possible the Battery is ok and it's a charging circuit that's the issue.... but it's tiny chance compared to it being the battery. That's where I'd start.....But not sure which is cheaper, a replacement battery or a replacement PlayBook.....

In the end... be better off putting that money into something more compatible with today's ecosystems.
    05-21-20 01:44 PM
    Every day I put the PlayBook on charge for a full 16 hours. It will show the 'charging' symbol every day and the green charging led will pulse confirming it is charging. But it will never power up.
    Check out Doc's thread for help or purchase

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13511890
    05-21-20 07:57 PM
    Check out Doc's thread for help or purchase

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13511890
    Thank you very much Chuck I will. Can't seem to be able to attach photos on the CB10 app but it is now showing 'battery level 0% cannot update software until 20pc'. It will spend day and night on charge and sometimes it will boot up to this screen. But it will never actually charge. Neither on fast charger nor USB charger (original, yellow plug)
    05-31-20 03:09 AM
    So, is there any way to get our contacts into the PlayBook? Just imported all Gmail contacts to Live, but I don't know if there's a way to put'em into the tablet. Should I keep trying to access my contacts (maybe with other servers) or do I carry on living without'em?
    06-10-20 11:35 AM
    So, is there any way to get our contacts into the PlayBook? Just imported all Gmail contacts to Live, but I don't know if there's a way to put'em into the tablet. Should I keep trying to access my contacts (maybe with other servers) or do I carry on living without'em?
    Why do you physically need them on the device?

Can't you just use the Gmail mobile website?
    06-10-20 04:31 PM
    Why do you physically need them on the device?

Can't you just use the Gmail mobile website?
    Not a real problem actually, but I'd like to check if there's a workaround to do it. I can always check my phone when someone calls and the pop-up notification appears while using the PlayBook. Maybe I have too much free time in the last days, hahaha.

Passport + PlayBook in 2020 because why not
    06-10-20 04:40 PM
26 12