While I was on the dev beta 2.0.0.6xxx a2dp was perfect no problems at all. Ever since the latest official os2 update now when I try to connect my home theater its a luck situation! I have to get lucky and be quick enough. When I press connect to device I have to be ready to input the password "0000" within 2seconds MAX if I take longer I get an error telling my to check if the device is on and discoverable... Very annoying.
    Anybody else experiencing this or any help?

EDIT: Also, RIM should look into volume control in A2DP whenever it works... And the remembering of passwords so we don't have to enter it each time.
    I'm using my phone (myTouch 4G slide) as a reference as it does everything I just asked for.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slickmastajay; 02-22-12 at 10:43 AM.
    02-22-12 10:40 AM
    do you mind asking what home theater system you have?
    02-23-12 12:53 PM
    there was no a2dp volume support in the beta.. but now when u press the volume buttons it looks like it tries, but my volume doesn't change

Can anyone confirm it's supposed to work? Might have to do a hard reset.
    02-23-12 06:17 PM
    While I was on the dev beta 2.0.0.6xxx a2dp was perfect no problems at all. Ever since the latest official os2 update now when I try to connect my home theater its a luck situation! I have to get lucky and be quick enough. When I press connect to device I have to be ready to input the password "0000" within 2seconds MAX if I take longer I get an error telling my to check if the device is on and discoverable... Very annoying.
    Anybody else experiencing this or any help?
    Probably because of wifi interference with the bluetooth because they use the same frequency. Sometimes the router just changed wifi channels, so turn everything off (router, laptops, playbook) and then turn everything back on.
    02-23-12 06:32 PM
    i noticed that yesterday on the Blackberry BT Gateway - no volume control. Which is weird since my old Storm has volume control on the gateway.....
    02-23-12 07:05 PM
    yeah it's now giving me a message saying volume control isn't supported on this device, but my SE Arc will do it on the same device so I guess it's driver support.

Shame, as having the Playbook as a mobile media center player with a decent bluetooth hifi almost makes it worth �169 alone..

oh.. & wifi & bluetooth don't interfere like that.
    02-23-12 07:07 PM
    I've actually found the opposite, I had lots of problems not only connecting with the beta, but also with the signal dropping out. With the official release, I find the connection to not only be faster, but also a much larger range. I also can't control the volume from the PlayBook, but don't find that to be much of an inconvenience.
    02-23-12 07:26 PM
    I've actually found the opposite, I had lots of problems not only connecting with the beta, but also with the signal dropping out. With the official release, I find the connection to not only be faster, but also a much larger range. I also can't control the volume from the PlayBook, but don't find that to be much of an inconvenience.
    Volume control works perfectly with my PB and my bose soundlink by speaker. The only thing is that it only works with the tiny controls on top of the PB and not the onscreen volume slider.... Which is a bit stupid, ipad does it and the controls are not easy to reach.
    02-24-12 01:44 AM
    do you mind asking what home theater system you have?
    Its a small samsung home theater system in my room can't recall the model atm.
    And yes volume control should be supported because as I said before, on my phone (mytouch 4g slide) I can control the volume so it is supported by the system and not the playbook.

Also, I forgot to mention that! Sometimes wifi causes interference with the bluetooth connection so id just turn it off when I wasn't using it. But sometimes I needed it which made it frustrating.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 07:04 AM
    I was thinking about getting some bluetooth speakers...

... I think I'll wait.
    02-24-12 07:38 AM
    Since OS 2.0 update , I have been able to to use my bluetooth speakers including a fairly cheap but decent sounding Creative BT speaker system. Hopefully further updates will allow volume control. With the free Nobex Radio app I am now able to enjoy a wide variety of radio stations from around Canada ...played via the BT speakers on my PB !
    Another PLUS for this PB OS 2
    MrFPB likes this.
    02-24-12 06:51 PM
    +1 For the Boss Soundlink volume control works great. Sound is amazing!
    02-24-12 06:54 PM
    As an earlier post says, my CreativeD100 speaker works fine, but doesn't support remote volume control anyway. I'm really pleased with BT audio, it's the main upgrade I wanted.
    Now I just want Spotify for playbook to make my sofa based social networking experience complete.
    02-25-12 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD