The s3 I saw had os6 in it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 09:54 AM
    Don't know how true this is BUTsomeone told me a version of qnx will
    Be given to the torch. Originally it wasn't

11-20-10 09:56 AM
    I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that tho..

11-20-10 09:57 AM
    Thanks for all the info niko! I'm excited for any bb that can actually take on an android...but I hope if RIM is reading this they keep two things in mind: don't make the screen so big the phone becomes a brick, like a Droid, and include some steel in the design so it doesn't break the first time we drop it

11-20-10 10:10 AM
    Not all androids are 1ghz ...the torch is a great bridge gap phone ..give it credit ...as a keyboard and touch screen phone is destroys the Motorola droid pro...it has its purpose ..its not going to be the flagship ..its a great mid level smartphone ..ya gon be happy with the s3 lol

11-20-10 10:32 AM
    Btw u wouldn't wanna drop the s3 lol

11-20-10 10:51 AM
    So basically your saying that it's got some heavy glass to it? Like how much are we talking, like iPhone front and back?

On a follow to my question from earlier. Have you saw any of the mobile QNX OS on any new phones you speak of?
    Last edited by MattyG27; 11-20-10 at 11:54 AM.
    11-20-10 11:50 AM
    No..I ve only seen qnx on the playbook.. The s3 is not very thick..

11-20-10 12:01 PM
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA............im sorry but i just got that warm fuzzy feeling inside. like a fat kid at a candy shop (god i've never felt like such a nerd in all my life)

It makes me want to punch a baby straight in the face lol
    At least you haven't resorted to beating puppies with kittens yet. The next step after that is baby punching.
    11-20-10 12:01 PM
    Lmao..

11-20-10 12:08 PM
    So basically your saying that it's got some heavy glass to it? Like how much are we talking, like iPhone front and back?

On a follow to my question from earlier. Have you saw any of the mobile QNX OS on any new phones you speak of?
    I assume that because it doesn't have SurePress, the screen is fused directly to the body. dropping flexes the body, which would break the screen.
    11-20-10 12:18 PM
    I can't say a lot but surepress might not be dead yet...hmmm

11-20-10 12:21 PM
    Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere nikosg21, but could you recap the Bold Touch details? Thanks for awesome info btw, this forum topic has been better than the CB homepage for the last few days and is totally appreciated dude.

11-20-10 12:30 PM
    Okay, then when do you think you may be able to say a lot? Sal is saying its gonna go into user testing to more people soon, which in turn will bring a leak hopefully. However, do you know anytime frame on this?
    Even if Sure Press isn't dead, I'm willing to bet that it will be an option that you can turn on and off in the new OS. Kinda like the Swype texting on Droid phones, which is competely fine with me. Just release the thing already.
    11-20-10 12:33 PM
    The bold touch is the only phone I would trade my torch for (I like a real keyboard) they already testing this phone ..screen resolution the same as the current torch ..I don't know much much more ..its has a much more improved processor and it will def be a qnx device ....also this might go to all carriers ..not an exclusive ...I don't know much more ..

11-20-10 12:36 PM
    Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere nikosg21, but could you recap the Bold Touch details? Thanks for awesome info btw, this forum topic has been better than the CB homepage for the last few days and is totally appreciated dude.

haha, I second that

Feel like CB is completely dropping the ball lately. I mean how does Engadget get a first hands on with the Playbook? Where is Kevin during this?? Regardless, as Niko has said RIM does have people reading these blogs. So wouldn't it be smart on the part of Basillie to give Kevin or someone at CB a sneak peak at the device?? Why does mobility insider have a test unit of the PB and CB get second hand info?? Come on guys, whats the deal
    11-20-10 12:37 PM
    the s3 is already out there on the field... But with os6 ...and very very limited in the states... Heavy testing has been going overseas .. Patience lol

11-20-10 12:39 PM
    Thanks nikosg21, already testing, sounds promising

11-20-10 12:42 PM
    From my understanding and I could be wrong rim has put a gag order on this phone ...its an understanding first person to show and leak this phone will loose and insider love from rim ...like this is going to be the hail mary of rim ..it will be introduced at a rim event they want to build up apple like anticipation ...find ouwhen the next major blackberry event is and that's when the holy grail will come.....that's why sal and crackberry and people don't post info on it until some one does it first ...rim believes this will make them the company to be again!

MattyG27 likes this.
    11-20-10 12:47 PM
    So after reading all this I'd love to follow Sal on twitter. Anyone have more info on him?

11-20-10 01:23 PM
    I wonder if this phone will have a front facing camera
    11-20-10 01:46 PM
    It does have front facing camera
    11-20-10 01:49 PM
    I have tweeted and so have many others about the S3 and him going to iphone on verizon. He has said **** all for five days. Makes me think that he knows something we don't. Of course he could just be foolin with us as he has been gagged. Did mention that he was waiting for the first person with the balls to post a pic

Niko did say there is a front facing camera, it's waay back earlier in the thread.

Also Sal was absent from Twitter for awhile, I think he said he had surgery or something, I could be wrong. Anyway, last time he tweeted was about the S3 but he's not on there a lot.
    I don't think sal would go to iphone if he has seen the s3

11-20-10 01:51 PM
532 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD