02-06-11 04:55 PM
532 12345 ...
tools
    I second that, on your questions Rello. Also if the S3 is ready is it possible we will see it by the end of the year?
    ha RIM busting out with a storm before the holidays would be beautiful....but highly doubtful.

I hope dude is willing to clarify these questions for us. im sitting here thinking there is no way we could be talking about 2012 phones when we don't know exactly when the playbook is launching, but then again........anything is possible i guess.

if were talking about 2012 phones though, then just stick a fork in me and call me done lol ha ha
    11-15-10 09:22 PM
    Guys I m sorry I meant 2011...it was a typo...ask me a question I ll try my best to answer....on the battery issue ..rims wants to put emphasis on the fact that their devices have the best battery so they trying to not put a processor bigger than needed...qnx software as of Now is already been tested in devices but it does need work...the storm 3 is ready but wont launch till qnx is heren..the tablet will introduce the storm...again so guys know the torch refresh will be amazing for us bb lovers....I m in delta flight using gogo lol..so I m bored I ll try to answer anything I might know about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 10:20 PM
    Look, I know the S3 by the holidays is highly doubtful and unlikely and whatever, but I'm just holding out hope. I'd be satisifed if it was released in Jan thou, but I'd rather have the S3 now and the Playbook then. I know beggers can't be chooser, but I'm gonna try;p
    I know that the phone would have to be in user testing by now if we were gonna see it soon, and if it was then we'd most likely see a leak by now. However, I'm just thinking the phone has been kept as such a secret all this time, then who's to say they don't have it in testing and are still keeping testers in dark rooms with an S3 chained to desk iPad style?
    Regardless I'll take Jan, but give us something, or I'm going Droid Incredible HD style come Jan.
    11-15-10 10:22 PM
    nikosg have you used or saw the device at all, if so is the picture we have the actual S3?
    Then how good would you say the mobile QNX OS is in comparison to Droid OS?
    11-15-10 10:27 PM
    I have not seen the qnx software on a device...only the tablet ....now s3 by January maybe depends on the torch sales....if torch does well I m thinking no s3 by January...I ve seen a phone similar to that pic we saw and I m not sure that's the s3...pics will leak within a month.....

11-15-10 10:33 PM
    So then what is that other phone then if your saying it may not be the S3?
    11-15-10 10:42 PM
    I have no idea...honestly ...the s3 I ve seen it's very different ..very slim.....I mean it thinner than iPhone ..this device looks bulky ...I wish I could tell u....btw I don't work for rim...lol...just a berry junkie

11-15-10 10:47 PM
    Well that's good to hear cause as others have said in the forums, that device looks like a slider to me also. Got any other juice you could tell us?

If RIM is soo worried about the battery life then why not throw a bigger battery in the phone and make it a lil thick? I mean I know you said the design is already done, however is it so done that it's already in production that they couldn't just redesign the back of the phone?
    Last edited by MattyG27; 11-15-10 at 11:01 PM.
    11-15-10 10:55 PM
    I really... REALLY, hope that Bold touchscreen (9900, or whatever the heck its gonna be) is the size of the ole 9000... That will make me happier than a tornado in a trailer park
    11-15-10 11:01 PM
    @natty they want a slick design ...the want a berry that ll make heads spin....battery issue will be with how qnx will operate...
    @mechanic ...you should be ad happy as a tornado in a trailer park lol...

11-15-10 11:05 PM
    Well I'll tell you what, they are making everyones head spin wondering what the **** is going on with this stinking device. So if they were going for head spinning then they already got it. No need for tornados in trailer parks either

Is there a front facing camera on any of these new devices you speak of?
    11-15-10 11:11 PM
    Btw @ mat that pic os the storm3 looks a lot like the torch refresh....we ll see ...the screen is bigger than the one I saw....I ll try to find out..

11-15-10 11:11 PM
    Well that's good to hear cause as others have said in the forums, that device looks like a slider to me also. Got any other juice you could tell us?

If RIM is soo worried about the battery life then why not throw a bigger battery in the phone and make it a lil thick? I mean I know you said the design is already done, however is it so done that it's already in production that they couldn't just redesign the back of the phone?
    I think it could be a slider too.........Early reports from over a year ago have said this device was super thin.....comparable to the iphone. I really do not think that the leaked pic is the Storm3.

But u know what....mayb RIM did throw a big juicy battery on the Storm3, and now its more of a optimising the OS to get better battery life at this point???
    11-15-10 11:14 PM
    Yes the storm 3 ....the torch refresh doesn't but the might add it ...the other 2 I don't know

11-15-10 11:14 PM
    Btw @ mat that pic os the storm3 looks a lot like the torch refresh....we ll see ...the screen is bigger than the one I saw....I ll try to find out..

You think thats the torch refresh......hmmmmmm........interesting. 2 questions for ya though.

first....even though this might be a stupid question......do you think the torch refresh will launch with OS6 or QNX on board??? im guessing OS6 but would like to know what u think......

second............in regards to the Storm3...........is RIM going with a fresh new look, or will they stick with something that looks familiar to the Storm line???
    11-15-10 11:18 PM

STORM3 HAS A FRONT FACING CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me........gotta change my pants
    11-15-10 11:21 PM
    From what I personally know the plan is the torch refresh will be a qnx device...the storm 3 looks like a blackberry..but it's unique.....imagine ur storm a lil bigger with different keys ... I just saw that I made a mistake on my opening post ...the peArl isn't a flip Its a slider.....man love Vegas but this flight to NYC is killing me....

11-15-10 11:23 PM
    At this point with what your telling me(if it's all true) I think I may be willing to wait till Jan and if it's not out in Jan, hopefully the Playbook will be and that will hold me over.
    The only other questions I have is really about the OS. I'm just worried about being a beta tester like the original S1, that I still have, was with the crappy OS.
    QNX looks cool on the tablet, but it does look kinda plain and not much too it. I'm just wondering what it's gonna looks like on the phone and how much it will be different then the tablet.
    It would be really great if the OS was a lot better then Android on the first time around, alright I'm pushing it;p
    11-15-10 11:23 PM
    I m a big fan of the torch refresh Because I like the form factor but don't get it messed up the new storm will be the best blackberry ever......

11-15-10 11:25 PM
    STORM3 HAS A FRONT FACING CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me........gotta change my pants
    Haha, seriously!! You and me both
    11-15-10 11:25 PM
    Im convinced now that that leaked pic is a slider of some kind, and probably is the next gen torch. Only question is...why didn't they just come out with the first with OS6 on it???

I mean.......that leaked pic looks infinitely better than the torch that released. Looks much more modern.....
    11-15-10 11:27 PM
    From what I personally know the plan is the torch refresh will be a qnx device...the storm 3 looks like a blackberry..but it's unique.....imagine ur storm a lil bigger with different keys ... I just saw that I made a mistake on my opening post ...the peArl isn't a flip Its a slider.....man love Vegas but this flight to NYC is killing me....

So are you saying the 4 buttoms at the bottom are gone or different or what do you mean?

Not sure if your into football Niko but your only missing a historic performance by the Eagles in the first quarter and a sick fantasy football outing by most of the Eagles offense, Vick being the sickest of them all
    Last edited by MattyG27; 11-15-10 at 11:32 PM.
    11-15-10 11:30 PM
    See there are a few problems with the os... It's a problem to port this type of os to like a curve or like a lower end / intro type of device so the dilemma is do u upgrade your entry level handsets or do u keep bb6 for them..problem is then u ll have developers having to develop for two diff os' ...another thing I was told is that qnx can be very easy to customize ...widgets and everything and the best part it's very up to par with rim security protocols...From what I heard the only people that are beta testing are qnx developers n employees no direct rim personnel yet...why the secrecy? When I asked I was told this os will allow blackberries do stuff android and iPhones wouldn't be able to....take that rumor with a grain of sault as I have never seen the qnx software outside the tablet

Last edited by nikosg21; 11-15-10 at 11:35 PM.
    11-15-10 11:31 PM
    I can't explain about the keys on the s3.....it's def diff that's all I can say

11-15-10 11:33 PM
    Guys sorry for my typing ..like I said I m on a plane using this horrid iPad ..:-(

11-15-10 11:34 PM
532 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD