We all are just waiting on CES now and all Santa is bringing is IOU's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Damn you Santa.......lol jp
    12-06-10 10:55 AM
    No january will be available at the same time as a NEW bberry

Now I'm interested... can't wait until January!!!
    12-06-10 11:02 AM
    Uh guys? Wasn't the refresh killed about 6 weeks before the projected launch date?

So, we really shouldn't be banking on Jan for the PB/QNX...right?

Last edited by gjbsource; 12-06-10 at 03:46 PM.
    12-06-10 03:42 PM
    Uh guys? Wasn't the refresh killed about 6 weeks before the projected launch date?

So, we really shouldn't be banking on Jan for the PB/QNX...right?

Are you referring to the "Storm 2.5"?

If so, it was killed IMO to release the full fledged Storm 3 instead. Maybe they decided to push up the release date. Definitely a smarter move if true.

Now that I think about it maybe the wait was for CES. It's a show that gets coverage from all types of sites/blogs and showing a new phone pairing with the Playbook is a great way to show that feature. I and many others are excited about the Playbook, but people want to see handsets. A tablet and new round of phones is a great way for RIM to strike hard at the mobile market and reestablish their name. I used to hear the Storm 3 was going to be one of the first LTE phones along with an Android so maybe it's true.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-06-10 at 03:56 PM.
    12-06-10 03:43 PM
    And the refresh was a bad idea. QNX berries are the future and won't be cancelled. Delayed, probably, but not cancelled.

12-06-10 03:56 PM
    Don't take these posts too seriously. Anyone can throw claims out there with no proof:

I have a friend who knows a guy, he says that there is a new BB coming out 2Q 2011 - 4.5" edge to edge touch screen, 2ghz, 64gb of ram, 12mp cameral on the back 8mb on the front, and includes flash for Youtube and the web.

See? LOL
    12-06-10 07:22 PM
    Don't take these posts too seriously. Anyone can throw claims out there with no proof:

I have a friend who knows a guy, he says that there is a new BB coming out 2Q 2011 - 4.5" edge to edge touch screen, 2ghz, 64gb of ram, 12mp cameral on the back 8mb on the front, and includes flash for Youtube and the web.

See? LOL
    Troll on troll.

12-06-10 07:42 PM
    Jusdis.......you go ahead and start holding your breath waiting for these devices to drop. I'm not turning blue and passing out again like last year when some of these devices were SUPPOSED to be out last time! I'm waiting like everyone else, but seriously, don't believe the hype. They drop when they drop. No one knows anything. If they did, they would spill all. If they did and spilled all they would be in huge trouble over the leak.

What makes the guy a troll for stating the obvious?
    12-07-10 08:42 PM
    Jusdis.......you go ahead and start holding your breath waiting for these devices to drop. I'm not turning blue and passing out again like last year when some of these devices were SUPPOSED to be out last time! I'm waiting like everyone else, but seriously, don't believe the hype. They drop when they drop. No one knows anything. If they did, they would spill all. If they did and spilled all they would be in huge trouble over the leak.

What makes the guy a troll for stating the obvious?
    I have a friend who knows a guy........

12-07-10 08:55 PM
    I don't really post here but this is some info I have I wanted to share..take it as you like ....there are 4 new devices in the works as we speak...the storm 3 ...the bold touchscreen ....a torch refresh and a pearl touchscreen flip...all have processors clocked at 800ghz with the exeption of the new storm which will be rims evo and will clock at 1ghz..phone is 4g...that's all
    Look I can't say how I know...most of design n hardware is completed but they waiting on qnx to be ready..and it's not a year away ...this year it will be a good one for rim

The first two posts from the OP 33 pages ago. Not much different than "I know a guy" now is it. Just sayin.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    12-07-10 09:10 PM
    The first two posts from the OP 33 pages ago. Not much different than "I know a guy" now is it. Just sayin.
    K you win. Are we finished now?

12-07-10 09:15 PM
    I wish they were finished....finished with the touch bold already!!!!!! You know, as much as I said I wasn't gonna do it, I am holding my damned breath again. I hope these things come out soon. I can't freakin wait.
    12-07-10 09:20 PM
    I really hope QNX changes BB and puts them back on the map. I mean they are on the map but to a lot of people out there, they still think BB is going down hill and will continue to go down.
    12-08-10 06:35 PM
    Playbook is ready mass production has began ...
    If this is the case, why is Mike, in the interviews, skirting the issue on when it will be available? You don't mass produce something BEFORE the biggest buying season of the year, but hold off sales until the 1Q11??? Maybe they're mass producing the cases, but waiting on the other hardware/programming? Just doesn't make sense...just saying!
    12-11-10 06:22 AM
    I was really looking forward to RIM's rise in the smartphone world and the new Storm with QNX, but after this last interview with Mike, I am really bummed out. He should be a politician, because he has the "artful dodger" down pat. He was directly asked several times about the new OS for phones and when me may see it; he almost seemed insulted that we were questioning their current OS. It seems as long as they are selling phones to 3rd world countries that look at the current BB as a "godsend" and they can still tap into that market and make money, the h$ll with the US.
    You can say he can't divulge company secrets/strategy, but he could certainly have been more forth coming and answer the question directly, especially if they really have these devices coming soon. My NE2 is up in June and I am sad to say I doubt that we'll see ANY QNX/LTE phones by then. I am worried about a company that has his attitude about the smartphone/tablet business; he pretty much said they would charge more for their 7" PB than an a 10" iPad because it can do so much more? By the time PB comes out, the second generation of iPad will be out; does Mike not think ahead??
    12-11-10 06:41 AM
    How long did it take RIM & QNX to get their OS on the Playbook? Could they have been working on the Storm 3 simultaneously with the Playbook? It doesn't seem far fetch that they would be ready to release the S3 in Q1 or Q2. I just hope they don't commit the same mistake they did with the S1 & release it prematurely. I sure hope they release the QNX S3 early to mid 2011. My contract expires in June and I've been patiently waiting for the S3. If its not out by then I wont be able to wait anymore. I confident they will. For their sake.
    12-11-10 04:01 PM
    Seems like they released OS6 before solving the wrapping issue on the browser. See the topic in the 9780 forum re true column view. http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/does-9780-have-real-column-view-function-browser-543297/

Last edited by BlazorBoy; 12-12-10 at 06:53 AM.
    12-12-10 06:36 AM
    The 9800 was the OS6 launch device. The 9780 has been planned for a while. The PlayBook is designed to get into the tablet market obviously, but also hold customers over until QNX is ported to handhelds. Which is coming next year. Albeit not Q1. Look for PB news at CES & look for new handhelds at the BlackBerry World Conference.
    So much for a new device at CES huh? Unless they tease it.
    12-13-10 01:36 PM
    So much for a new device at CES huh? Unless they tease it.
    And now WES is May instead of March. So by then all the 4G androids will be out and we will probably know if the iPhone will be on VZW.

This is like the rocky strategy against clubber lang. Let the competition get tired by pinding you into a pulp. RIM will be making thru road back very long indeed if they don't drop something at new CES. And I don't count the playbook as that has been circulating for months now.

Not that RIM can't come back and in 2 or 3 years this will just be a bump in the road for them, but they really are coming back to the table at the last possible minute.

12-14-10 07:28 AM
    And now WES is May instead of March.
    Since when was it in March?

2005: April 19-21
    2006: May 16-18
    2007: May 8-10
    2008: May 13-15
    2009: May 5-7
    2010: April 27-29
    2011: May 3-5 (Now known as BlackBerry World Conference)
    12-14-10 11:19 AM
    Since when was it in March?

2005: April 19-21
    2006: May 16-18
    2007: May 8-10
    2008: May 13-15
    2009: May 5-7
    2010: April 27-29
    2011: May 3-5 (Now known as BlackBerry World Conference)
    Whoopsie. Where did I get march from? Maybe that is MWC...

Sorry about that.

12-14-10 02:06 PM
    Help.....dying.....turning blue...........can't hold breath.....much........longer............
    12-14-10 03:55 PM
    How long did it take RIM & QNX to get their OS on the Playbook? Could they have been working on the Storm 3 simultaneously with the Playbook? It doesn't seem far fetch that they would be ready to release the S3 in Q1 or Q2. I just hope they don't commit the same mistake they did with the S1 & release it prematurely. I sure hope they release the QNX S3 early to mid 2011. My contract expires in June and I've been patiently waiting for the S3. If its not out by then I wont be able to wait anymore. I confident they will. For their sake.
    I have heard that the QNX OS requires dual core processors. I heard this from RIM engineers.

12-26-10 10:00 PM
    I have heard that the QNX OS requires dual core processors. I heard this from RIM engineers.

It problably could run on a single core (and the current emulator proves this),
    but it's optimized for dual cores and to use a single core would require removal of multicore abilities.
    12-27-10 12:49 AM
    Its starting to unfold ..

12-28-10 12:01 PM
532 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD