The torch 2 is already in the work ..I mean the phone is ready ..the bold touch is qnx and the one I ve been told about does have a trackpad and the screen will be big enough..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 12:41 PM
    Playbook is ready mass production has began ...

ForceFed likes this.
    12-04-10 12:42 PM
    This is the reason people become so damn addicted to these BlackBerrys!!!!!! Every yr theres a couple new ones and my curiosity gets the best of me and then I need to purchase the next best thing! AARRRRGGGGHHHHH....when will the insanity STOP! ;-/
    12-04-10 12:58 PM
    WES is when again?
    WES 2011 is May 3-5.
    12-04-10 10:56 PM
    The bold touch is the only phone I would trade my torch for (I like a real keyboard) they already testing this phone ..screen resolution the same as the current torch ..I don't know much much more ..its has a much more improved processor and it will def be a qnx device ....also this might go to all carriers ..not an exclusive ...I don't know much more ..

If they're already testing the Bold Touch, when would the release be likely to occur?
    12-05-10 11:08 AM
    I love the iPhone but need my BB, so I'm using my 9780 right now, will buy an iPad so I can have all the iPhone apps I love in the house.

My wife has the N900 and she loves it because it handles conversations really really well with all the multi-tasking in the background she does. She only wants to come over to the dark side of BB since all her friends around the world have BBM but she is right when she says that Blackberrys are the most boring phones in the world.

They truly are the most boring, yet they get the business tasks done really well. Other than that, this QNX Rumor on future devices better be a real head turner and like many of you are saying, it will most likely be another big miss for RIM. I really don't think they can afford another miss.

Me being one of those that switched over to this Blackberry 9780 two weeks ago from my unlocked iPhone 3gS on T-Mo, I only switched for BBM and to have a business like device for my job. Turns out the business apps suck compared to those in the Apple app store but I don't wanna start another war here. I'm happy with my BB for now, but 6 months later they better have what it is we are all waiting for or I will just switch back.

Tried Android on the G2, phone hardware is amazing but Android and apps are all too geeky and childish stuff. Plus many negative or low reviews on a lot of the popular apps in the Android store.

That's my input for today, although no one asked for it lol.
    @ABerri

... a bit envious that your beloved iphone will be outclassed and put to shame by BlackBerrys equipped with the new QNX OSs eh
    12-05-10 01:05 PM
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had mine since the first day it came out on Cincinnati Bell.

Im gonna need more than a support group though.............im gonna need some full blown therapy. Me and my therapist gonna be sharing lunch together lol. Everyday I see my android or iphone friends do somethin nice that my 8900 could only dream of doing........it just makes me wanna walk down the street and start slapping everyone i see along the way lol.
    lol, x3 here, we too are holding onto our 8900s, considering the possibilities of new BB devices and the ramifications or consequences of punchin' babies n slappin' people
    12-05-10 01:17 PM
    So is everyone just excited about the storm?...I m dying for the torch 2....or the bold touch...

we would consider the torch2 or a bold with the QNS OS
    12-05-10 01:35 PM
    we would consider the torch2 or a bold with the QNS OS
    I think he was talking about 2 separate phones.

There will be a Bold Touch and a Torch2
    (and of course Storm3)

@nikosg21: I'm pretty much only waiting for the S3 haha. I love the touch screen, and actually never had a BB with a keyboard, so I wouldn't need the Torch2 or Bold touch... it really depends on which phone is coming to Verizon though... if they don't get the S3 for some reason, I will get whichever of the new phones that they do get (I would be perfectly satisfied with a Torch2 or Bold Touch haha)
    12-05-10 04:14 PM
    CDMA is a global technology. It is used in several countries. Besides HSPA is already going by the wayside with VZW and ATT going to LTE and just about everyone else announcing the intent to do the same.

I just wonder how portable devices will be between VZW and ATT LTE networks.

Actually CDMA is an American/New Zealand proprietary technology, used in only 22 countries serving 200 million people, compared to GSM (Global Standard) agreed upon and used in 200 countries by over 2 billion people.

HSPA(+) is UMTS(+) and is a software optimized 3G (UMTS) technology operating at current 4G speeds (22^5v). Both T-Mobile and At&t are deploying this network, though At&t simultaneously while developing and deploying its 4G LTE. T-Mobile will allow its competitors to work out the bugs in LTE (issues with audio transmission ...the reason for the upcoming use of dual mode 3G/4G phones by carriers utilizing their LTE) while making use of their 4Gish HSPA+ network, and once stable T-Mobile will deploy their own LTE network ...thanks to all the investment and work done by VZN and At&t. lol
    12-05-10 04:22 PM
    agreed. i like what the storm3 is said to offer but an up to date torch with qnx would make me buy 2 lol
    x2, 2 Torch2's w/QNX for us too!
    12-05-10 04:41 PM
    OR they've refreshed the Storm 2.5 refresh...this could get confusing

lmao too funny
    12-05-10 04:48 PM
    You're right RIM wouldn't have a problem with Verizon announcing it first, but why would RIM be planning a big QNX phone announcement which is to include the Storm 3 in May if the phone had already been announced by Verizon at CES in January. I could only assume Verizon will announce that the phone exist but not actually have one to show or demo, just a list of the phones that will be LTE with tentative launch dates, then we will have till wait till May to see the phone. Then add to all of that Crucial's cryptic message today to be carefull who we listen to here.

RIM seems to be very serious about their new no leak stance, could they have gone so far as to plant people here on Crackberry to feed us disinformation
    ...to what end? ...to incite us to gather our pitchforks?
    12-05-10 04:57 PM
    really dangerous transition for rim. as they attempt to clone the iphone and android defined smartphone experience, they run the real risk of "losing" the essence of what made people want BB in the first place. It will become just another smartphone and it will begin to look like a trailing platform. oth, QNX in it's inital form, will likely be missing key components, just as IOS, Android and WP7 did in the first versions. This is not exactly a great position to be in for a corporation.
    12-05-10 05:23 PM
    That is fictional device that was created by a user here on CB...but I still want a full size touch screen...better my storm please....

um what happend to BB7 QNX OS? lol
    ...Instead of the Qualcomm CPU, utilize the Marvel 628 Armada mentioned earlier in this thread
    12-05-10 05:33 PM
    Both concepts are Digitalhomeboy...... I like his ideas. I also like what Nikosg21 said about RIM wanting to have ATT and Verizon battle with who has the best bb between the Torch 2 and the Storm 3. I think RIM should do a little like samsung did with their phones by having the the 4 major US carriers have a different version of the same phone. ATT=Torch, Verizon=Storm, T-Mobile=Storm like(full touch), Sprint=Torch like(touch and slide out keyboard) then they all can carrier bolds(mid), Curves(entry) and pearl/style(low end)
    agreed, with one small correction ...At&t(GSM)=Torch, T-Mobile(GSM)=Torch-like (touch w/slide out qwerty), Verizon(CDMA)=Storm, Sprint(CDMA)=Storm-like (full touch)! lol
    12-05-10 05:40 PM
    Playbook is ready mass production has began ...

cant wait to get one
    12-05-10 05:42 PM
    cant wait to get one
    I thought they were being released in Feb.
    They are already out

Btw... if that is true that they are being mass produced, are there any vids yet reviewing the playbook or the QNX OS in general?? (not a simulation, the actual OS on the actual device)
    12-05-10 06:46 PM
    I thought they were being released in Feb.
    They are already out

Btw... if that is true that they are being mass produced, are there any vids yet reviewing the playbook or the QNX OS in general?? (not a simulation, the actual OS on the actual device)
    Look at the home page. They are using it and just projecting the screen. Plus engadget had the quick piece with Basille in the hallway and RIM themselves posted the browser comparision.

Its real. I would net Kevin has one but is under NDA.

12-06-10 05:53 AM
    ...to what end? ...to incite us to gather our pitchforks?
    Yes.

10char
    12-06-10 06:02 AM
    Look at the home page. They are using it and just projecting the screen. Plus engadget had the quick piece with Basille in the hallway and RIM themselves posted the browser comparision.

I know its real and has been for a while.
    But when I hear "mass production" I usually think that means it is being sold commercially.
    I've seen all the small teaser vids... But I was looking for an actual review (like crackberry does when a new BB phone comes out) - an in depth overview of the hardware and especially the qnx software.

12-06-10 09:20 AM

Engine - If it is really being massed produced, why wouldn't they drop it for holiday sales???
    12-06-10 09:28 AM
    No january will be available at the same time as a NEW bberry

12-06-10 09:42 AM
    I know its real and has been for a while.
    But when I hear "mass production" I usually think that means it is being sold commercially.
    I've seen all the small teaser vids... But I was looking for an actual review (like crackberry does when a new BB phone comes out) - an in depth overview of the hardware and especially the qnx software.

To clarify I wasn't speaking to mass production, just that there are some videos of it running live. If nikosg is correct and it will drop in january than it would be in full production now. Of course that begs the question as to why not get it in for the holidays.

Sound like PB is tied to anothe BB, maybe S3 which may be held to VZW's CES announcements.

We all are just waiting on CES now and all Santa is bringing is IOU's.

12-06-10 10:16 AM
    No january will be available at the same time as a NEW bberry

So expect it January? Instead of Feb?
    12-06-10 10:53 AM
532 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD