I see what your saying Skeevecr and that makes sense..... kinda like Ford is doing with the Ecoboost engine.... V8 power but V4 gas efficiency.... So Have a processor that can give you speed like 2ghz when you need it but saves you battery life like a 628mhz when you don't. I also agree that only one MricoSD is needed
    Someone already went there. Marvel Armada 628 has three cores. One at 624 for day to day and then twin 1.5 ghz for the heavy lifting. It can run 3D graphics but has a very low power footprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 06:29 PM
    Well, since we're talking unknown, mythical, speculative specs, let's add a coffee maker and a shaver.

11-28-10 09:25 PM
    Well, since we're talking unknown, mythical, speculative specs, let's add a coffee maker and a shaver.

Yay! Someone actually saw the Nova Scotia phone I linked to!
    11-28-10 10:06 PM
    The other three make sense, But I'm afraid I don't understand the touchscreen Pearl Flip.
    It would be difficult to use the touchscreen on a flip device, unless the touchscreen is on the outside. In that case, having to flip open the device wouldn't make sense. unless it's like a LG Keybo, where the outside display is simplified but the inside is the full deal. Even then, I'm afraid I have to see the device to understand it's logic.

Unless the screen rotates, like this:

So the main screen can be rotate out for touchscreen use, and rotated in for typing.
    I know nothing of the rumors, but can tell you that the Palm I500 was a GREAT flip touch screen with keyboard phone. Probably no one here ever used it, but it had a very loyal following and some still use it on Sprint and ATT.

B B
    11-29-10 06:55 PM
    Yay! Someone actually saw the Nova Scotia phone I linked to!
    lol I actually saw it 2 months ago. My wife works in the industry and thought she'd one up me...she had me going until halfway through the first feature I knew that no way could a device that small become a projector. It was a good one, though, they spent a lot of money on the ad. Thanks for reminding me
    11-29-10 07:07 PM
    hi guys, check this out from engadget:

BlackBerry Empathy design concept feels bad that you're stuck using a BlackBerry -- Engadget

forget about the outlook, but check on the os, do you guys think it's qnx os...
    11-29-10 07:21 PM
    people at rim seem to adore the thumb rings...oh yeah where is the storm 3 rim?
    11-29-10 07:56 PM
    hi guys, check this out from engadget:

BlackBerry Empathy design concept feels bad that you're stuck using a BlackBerry -- Engadget

forget about the outlook, but check on the os, do you guys think it's qnx os...
    Are those images simulated? They kinda look fake to me. Also, what's so great about them inventing a mood ring?

I see what your saying Skeevecr and that makes sense..... kinda like Ford is doing with the Ecoboost engine.... V8 power but V4 gas efficiency.... So Have a processor that can give you speed like 2ghz when you need it but saves you battery life like a 628mhz when you don't. I also agree that only one MricoSD is needed
    No. Just no. First of all, the ecoboost four-cylinders clock in at about 250hp, tops, while the three-valve mod has about 300hp. Second, the ecoboost in the new Explorer is projected to be about 21mpg combined, vs. 17 in the '10 gt, and about the same as the much more powerful Evo. Also, no one makes a V4. Check this out instead: Variable Displacement - Fuel efficiency by cylinder deactivation
    11-29-10 08:19 PM
    do ya have any updates for us niko? heard anything new besides whats already in this thread??
    11-30-10 10:30 PM
    Per Verizon's LTE announcement:

"The company expects consumer-oriented handsets will be available by mid-2011."

Hopefully significantly before that time but I guess we'll see.
    12-01-10 12:37 PM
    Nikosg21, thank you for all the info.
    Looking forward for the Torch 2 or the bold Touch.
    Subscribing
    12-03-10 01:13 AM
    Anyone notice how Kevin nodded in the direction on this forum thread in the latest Crackberry Podcast, seeming to confirm that he was hearing the same rumours?

Btw - has this topic been buried in a different category?
    12-03-10 05:07 AM
    you will see alot more of what i said come to fruition ....BTW bgr has info and pics on the storm 3 adn possibly another blackberry device but he wont post them as we all know he hates blackberry ..but what ever ..tat acquisition was HUGE!!! they have been working on the blackberry ui for qnx ..hmm
    12-03-10 10:28 AM
    why was my post moved to blackberry os forum????????
    12-03-10 10:28 AM
    Because your title says that the 4 phones will have qnx (an OS) running them. I guess it could be in either forum, really.
    12-03-10 11:33 AM
    Because your title says that the 4 phones will have qnx (an OS) running them. I guess it could be in either forum, really.
    However we know virtually nothing about the QNX OS (which is NOT "Tablet OS" BTW- no matter what the subforum is), but we do have hints to the hardware design and form factor.
    12-03-10 11:39 AM
    I m telling u the new era of blackberry will begin at wes ...the name change isn't just for fun it ll be symbolic!!! Expect dual and dare I say quad core :-) ...expect qnx os ...expect 3 - 4 new devices aside from storm 3 ....this is the year ..Tat was already working on bberries now the acquisition ...I must say I m ******* ExCited!!!!

12-03-10 05:24 PM
    Viva La Revoluci�n!
    12-03-10 05:35 PM
    I m telling u the new era of blackberry will begin at wes ...the name change isn't just for fun it ll be symbolic!!! Expect dual and dare I say quad core :-) ...expect qnx os ...expect 3 - 4 new devices aside from storm 3 ....this is the year ..Tat was already working on bberries now the acquisition ...I must say I m ******* ExCited!!!!

No, we're ******* ExCited!!!!
    Always good to here about positive moves that are taking place behind the scenes from RIM.
    12-03-10 06:08 PM
    WES is when again? - Is that the one in January? If so, i'm stoked!
    12-03-10 06:18 PM
    Wes is in March I think...its not called wes anymore...a decent rim announcement in Ces this year....Ces is in January...

12-03-10 06:41 PM
    What is WES called now?
    12-03-10 11:17 PM
    I m not sure ..it has not been announced and I wasn't told

12-03-10 11:21 PM
    hi niko, how about bold touch? do it has any trackpad? how big is the screen, good enough for touch screen? bold keyboard? qnx os? what size? torch size? coz i remember u said that smaller than bold 9000 but bigger compare to 9700, so i guess like torch size?

Thank's
    Last edited by janz25; 12-03-10 at 11:48 PM.
    12-03-10 11:46 PM
    A more powerful Torch with higher resolution would be very nice.
    12-03-10 11:56 PM
532 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD