Obviously there's a serious reason as to why there hasn't been any information leaking as of late. People love their job & want to keep it that way. Of course some things will come into the wild before their due, but RIM is serious about proprietary info these days.

Be careful who you listen to & what information you take to heart. Some good things are coming. It'll play out in due time.
    IOW... Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know
    11-27-10 09:56 AM
    Ummmm. Verizon's LTE network is already larger than anything HSPA out there. I don't think anyone has HSPA in over 35 cities covering 100 million plus subscribers. Let me know if I am wrong on that...
    It depends on if you use the term correctly or not, hspa actually covers everything beyond the basic 384kb/s that is supported by umts and not simply the higher speed stuff that t-mobile are incorrectly calling 4g so in most countries the majority of 3g access will be hspa, although the term is usually only used when a handset supports both hsdpa and hsupa (more correctly EUL)
    11-27-10 12:12 PM
    RIM seems to be very serious about their new no leak stance, could they have gone so far as to plant people here on Crackberry to feed us disinformation
    Why would they need to plant anyone anywhere, the bloggers are more than happy to make up enough disinformation without anyone helping them out with that.
    11-27-10 12:15 PM
    Just hold on...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 12:28 PM
    Why would they need to plant anyone anywhere, the bloggers are more than happy to make up enough disinformation without anyone helping them out with that.
    So right on that one
    11-27-10 01:13 PM
    Obviously there's a serious reason as to why there hasn't been any information leaking as of late. People love their job & want to keep it that way. Of course some things will come into the wild before their due, but RIM is serious about proprietary info these days.

Be careful who you listen to & what information you take to heart. Some good things are coming. It'll play out in due time.
    What? CX responding to a comment I made lol........

Ya'll know I ain't posted in over a week due to it being so boring on these forums with the lack of new info but CX done brought a brutha outta his bat cave ha ha ha

Yeah man I getcha point. I bet good things are coming......its just that I've been on this 8900 for SOOOOOOO LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG lol.....its like a mid life crisis over here man ha.

Am I wrong for taking what little bread crumbs fall on the floor when I'm starving lol?
    11-27-10 01:38 PM

What? CX responding to a comment I made lol........

Ya'll know I ain't posted in over a week due to it being so boring on these forums with the lack of new info but CX done brought a brutha outta his bat cave ha ha ha

Yeah man I getcha point. I bet good things are coming......its just that I've been on this 8900 for SOOOOOOO LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG lol.....its like a mid life crisis over here man ha.

Am I wrong for taking what little bread crumbs fall on the floor when I'm starving lol?
    11-27-10 01:56 PM
    I was told there will be a rim announcement on ces....what exactly I don't know...everyone seems to say the have info but no one is saying anything ..well watt ever I was told I typed here ...why the wait ....rim has a tight grip on this info but if u have it why wait ?
    11-27-10 02:21 PM
    Maybe people are getting WES and CES confused....?
    11-27-10 03:06 PM
    I meant ces in January .. Wes we prolly see qnx and many more innovations from rim..
    11-27-10 03:53 PM
    Touchscreen Bold?

More info here.
    11-27-10 04:28 PM
    I was told there will be a rim announcement on ces....what exactly I don't know...everyone seems to say the have info but no one is saying anything ..well watt ever I was told I typed here ...why the wait ....rim has a tight grip on this info but if u have it why wait ?
    Probably because their is no real info. Every one of these people who "knows" something is saying that if they divulge stuff the great and powerful Oz will smite them down. I'm starting to think there is nothing more than the Playbook in the known future and RIM is using the people who normally get the information to us here to keep false hope alive to minimize defections till they can one day get their act together and deliver said fictional widget to us.

I'd advise everyone to start coming here less and less for updates, because there are none , which will affect the site. Maybe once the people in the "know" are forced to give up the info, because thats one of the reasons we come here and you get add revenue , we'll be able to see if we've been dealing with fact or fiction!
    Last edited by lnichols; 11-27-10 at 05:31 PM.
    11-27-10 05:26 PM
    Touchscreen Bold?
    More info here.
    Looks kinda like that new Android phone that was just released (touchscreen with a BB-like keyboard).

Personally not my thing, but if that concept gets made and becomes the Magnum/Dakota 9900 or whatever, it would be a step in the right direction for RIM. those hardware specs look pretty solid! (now we just need to see whats on the inside!)
    11-27-10 05:37 PM
    Touchscreen Bold?

More info here.
    That is fictional device that was created by a user here on CB...but I still want a full size touch screen...better my storm please....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 05:56 PM
    I like this concept also

11-27-10 06:05 PM
    Specs:
    Full Touchscreen device
    Full Media capabilities
    3.93�2.36in screen
    1.5GHz Qualcomm CPU
    32GB Flash internal
    16GB ROM
    2GB RAM
    Internal microSD slot: 64GB microSDXC
    External microSD slot: 64GB microSDXC
    Single SIM slot
    microUSB connectivity
    miniHDMI port
    2-Way front Headset Speaker/Speaker Output option
    Large Media speaker to the rear / Speaker Output

BB8 QNX OS TK SE
    SmartSense
    DLNA Certified
    ISIS ePayment
    11-27-10 06:06 PM
    I like this concept also

I definitely love this concept! If RIM actually made this exact design, I would be all over it! I'm used to a big screen after coming from the EVO..
    11-27-10 06:21 PM
    I like this concept also

Specs:
    Full Touchscreen device
    Full Media capabilities
    3.93�2.36in screen
    1.5GHz Qualcomm CPU
    32GB Flash internal
    16GB ROM
    2GB RAM
    Single SIM slot
    microUSB connectivity
    miniHDMI port
    2-Way front Headset Speaker/Speaker Output option
    Large Media speaker to the rear / Speaker Output

BB8 QNX OS TK SE
    SmartSense
    DLNA Certified
    ISIS ePayment
    NOW we're talking...Rim, are you listening???
    11-27-10 06:59 PM
    Bring that Bad Boy to Vz; I'm getting desperate out here with that pos S1!!!
    If nothing is forthcoming from RIM soon I will use my upgrade on an Android (sorry guys and gals, I've had it with this thing and want a bigger screen so I don't go blind trying to surf the web lol). I'll miss BBM though.
    11-27-10 08:49 PM
    Nice concept ..
    11-28-10 08:32 AM
    Both concepts are Digitalhomeboy...... I like his ideas. I also like what Nikosg21 said about RIM wanting to have ATT and Verizon battle with who has the best bb between the Torch 2 and the Storm 3. I think RIM should do a little like samsung did with their phones by having the the 4 major US carriers have a different version of the same phone. ATT=Torch, Verizon=Storm, T-Mobile=Storm like(full touch), Sprint=Torch like(touch and slide out keyboard) then they all can carrier bolds(mid), Curves(entry) and pearl/style(low end)
    11-28-10 10:36 AM
    Looks kinda like that new Android phone that was just released (touchscreen with a BB-like keyboard).

Personally not my thing, but if that concept gets made and becomes the Magnum/Dakota 9900 or whatever, it would be a step in the right direction for RIM. those hardware specs look pretty solid! (now we just need to see whats on the inside!)
    I doubt you would see anything like that from Rim, the ratio of screen to keyboard would mean the device was unbalanced when you held it one-handed making the torch a far better solution to a large touchscreen and physical keyboard.

I think the touchscreen bold is going to be a similar or a little bigger than a bold 9000, giving the largest screen size while keeping good blackberry ergonomics.
    11-28-10 11:10 AM
    Specs:
    1.5GHz Qualcomm CPU
    32GB Flash internal
    16GB ROM
    2GB RAM
    Given these are imaginary specs for a concept, you do wonder why he wouldn't go for a dual-core given that it is a far more likely progression for most companies once they go beyond the 1-1.2ghz speeds.

Also that approach to memory seems quite haphazard, why would anyone want multiple sd card slots, for a concept why wouldn't you do away with the rom since it would be nice to see them move forward in that respect and 2gb of ram would just clobber the battery.
    11-28-10 11:22 AM
    I definitely love this concept! If RIM actually made this exact design, I would be all over it! I'm used to a big screen after coming from the EVO..
    Hopefully they will come out with a storm 3 hd afterwards with a larger screen since it would be an easy new model to introduce, but for now it will make far more sense for them to come out with a normal 3.7" touchscreen since many wouldn't want the extra bulkiness.
    11-28-10 11:26 AM
    I see what your saying Skeevecr and that makes sense..... kinda like Ford is doing with the Ecoboost engine.... V8 power but V4 gas efficiency.... So Have a processor that can give you speed like 2ghz when you need it but saves you battery life like a 628mhz when you don't. I also agree that only one MricoSD is needed
    11-28-10 11:46 AM
532 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD