lol i am too ..unfortunately the ability to play angry birds doesnt excite me lol
    11-24-10 11:21 AM
    The power of iPhone / Android compel you!
    11-24-10 11:22 AM
    After reading this, it reinforced my decision to stop sharing the info I have available. I tried in August and immediately got slammed http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/no...e-dead-518916/ so I stopped...it seems ppl here don't want info, they just want someone to hammer away at...it's your loss as there is a lot more info available...but who needs to be ridiculed for sharing. Very soon you'll see what RIM has been up to...
    11-24-10 03:43 PM
    Define soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 03:48 PM
    Will the Torch make it to VZW? I'm frustrated with RIM! Why would you give a phone like the Torch to AT&T when in most areas their network is awful?! I'm getting an iPhone when it comes to VZW if RIM doesn't put out anything comparable to it (and not another storm...) - the apps are better and I will learn to love the touchscreen. With this latest debacle of RIM dumping Kik messenger and not offering 1/2 of what apple and android can I really can't be patient anymore. I've been carrying around an 'eh' phone for a year.

ATT comissioned the Torch just like VZW commissioned the Storm. I don't think you'll see these devices on competing networks anytime soon.

11-24-10 03:53 PM
    Technically this is Verizon's fault for not switching to HSPA when Canada did. Now their the odd one out, where developers have to decide to either exclude Verizon in their products or only develop for Verizon and Sprint. And RIM is looking to sell their products internationally.
    CDMA is a global technology. It is used in several countries. Besides HSPA is already going by the wayside with VZW and ATT going to LTE and just about everyone else announcing the intent to do the same.

I just wonder how portable devices will be between VZW and ATT LTE networks.

11-24-10 03:59 PM
    After reading this, it reinforced my decision to stop sharing the info I have available. I tried in August and immediately got slammed http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/no...e-dead-518916/ so I stopped...it seems ppl here don't want info, they just want someone to hammer away at...it's your loss as there is a lot more info available...but who needs to be ridiculed for sharing. Very soon you'll see what RIM has been up to...
    There wasn't any ridiculing going on. It isn't that deep. I like his information. It's helpful to a frustrated customer. The comments are frustrated at rIM, not you personally.

Last edited by MECM; 11-24-10 at 08:44 PM.
    11-24-10 08:41 PM
    Anyone with more info than I posted don't hold back...we all fans!

11-24-10 09:29 PM
    Yes, I with Engine, define soon please?

Something has to be going on because I feel like the last few days random people have been coming out of the woodwork warning that we will be seeing something soon. Now if we could just find out what soon is?

When's then gonna be now? Right now!! Sorry had to throw that Spaceballs line in there
    11-24-10 09:30 PM
    Technically this is Verizon's fault for not switching to HSPA when Canada did. Now their the odd one out, where developers have to decide to either exclude Verizon in their products or only develop for Verizon and Sprint. And RIM is looking to sell their products internationally.
    That has nothing to do with why there isn't a cdma torch yet, the reason will be the simple one that at&t have put in an order that is high enough to make the device an exclusive to them in north america for the time being, the fact that rim has just come out with a sprint exclusive shows they are more than happy to support cdma phones.
    11-24-10 10:01 PM
    CDMA is a global technology. It is used in several countries. Besides HSPA is already going by the wayside with VZW and ATT going to LTE and just about everyone else announcing the intent to do the same.
    While it is technically a global technology, the main focus for Rim will be on VZW and Sprint networks as most others are mostly minor networks in other countries.

As far as HSPA, I wouldn't write it off so soon, 3g (and hence hspa) coverage is going to be a lot bigger than that of LTE for quite some time regardless of how the adverts from the networks might imply otherwise as anyone who still doesn't get reliable 3g on a particular network in their area can easily attest.
    11-24-10 10:06 PM
    To be perfectly honest, I don't consider the Pearl Flip phone a Sprint "Exclusive". Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the idea that RIM Supports CDMA. However, I've been with my Tour since it came out. I really do Love it, but not having any 4G teasers, info, or even little bits of knowledge bothers me. Everytime I see an Android 4G phone Commercial I want to put an Axe though my TV.

Now, it's not RIM's Fault (at least, not entirely). But at what point does the Carrier (In this cast Sprint) get it's mind right and say "Hey, there are Adults that use these phones too!"

11-26-10 08:00 AM
    something is going down at this years ces !
    11-26-10 08:11 AM
    Is the torch refresh still rumored to come to all four carriers? The s3 interests me somewhat but I would prefer a qnx BB with a keyboard.
    11-26-10 08:32 AM
    Is the torch refresh still rumored to come to all four carriers? The s3 interests me somewhat but I would prefer a qnx BB with a keyboard.
    agreed. i like what the storm3 is said to offer but an up to date torch with qnx would make me buy 2 lol
    11-26-10 11:45 AM
    While it is technically a global technology, the main focus for Rim will be on VZW and Sprint networks as most others are mostly minor networks in other countries.

As far as HSPA, I wouldn't write it off so soon, 3g (and hence hspa) coverage is going to be a lot bigger than that of LTE for quite some time regardless of how the adverts from the networks might imply otherwise as anyone who still doesn't get reliable 3g on a particular network in their area can easily attest.
    Ummmm. Verizon's LTE network is already larger than anything HSPA out there. I don't think anyone has HSPA in over 35 cities covering 100 million plus subscribers. Let me know if I am wrong on that...
    11-26-10 12:35 PM
    If that is the one in January then VZW has already said that they will announce the LTE phones they will have.
    11-26-10 12:36 PM
    If that is the one in January then VZW has already said that they will announce the LTE phones they will have.
    CES = January 6 - 9 2011
    11-26-10 07:10 PM
    Here's the problem the op says RIM will have a big showing announcing these phones WES which is in May, Verizon says they will announce its LTE phones at CES in January. So the problem is either Verizon is announcing the Storm 3 ahead of RIM or the Storm 3 is not one of Verizon's LTE phones
    11-26-10 07:30 PM
    Here's the problem the op says RIM will have a big showing announcing these phones WES which is in May, Verizon says they will announce its LTE phones at CES in January. So the problem is either Verizon is announcing the Storm 3 ahead of RIM or the Storm 3 is not one of Verizon's LTE phones
    I don't think RIM would have a problem with Verizon announcing the Storm 3 ahead of them. Shoot, it could be a joint announcement.
    11-26-10 09:06 PM
    ...or they'll announce it later
    11-26-10 10:48 PM
    OR they've refreshed the Storm 2.5 refresh...this could get confusing

11-27-10 12:24 AM
    well with the SERIOUS lack of info being released about upcoming RIM products........consider me gullible lol
    Obviously there's a serious reason as to why there hasn't been any information leaking as of late. People love their job & want to keep it that way. Of course some things will come into the wild before their due, but RIM is serious about proprietary info these days.

Be careful who you listen to & what information you take to heart. Some good things are coming. It'll play out in due time.
    11-27-10 08:48 AM
    I don't think RIM would have a problem with Verizon announcing the Storm 3 ahead of them. Shoot, it could be a joint announcement.
    You're right RIM wouldn't have a problem with Verizon announcing it first, but why would RIM be planning a big QNX phone announcement which is to include the Storm 3 in May if the phone had already been announced by Verizon at CES in January. I could only assume Verizon will announce that the phone exist but not actually have one to show or demo, just a list of the phones that will be LTE with tentative launch dates, then we will have till wait till May to see the phone. Then add to all of that Crucial's cryptic message today to be carefull who we listen to here.

RIM seems to be very serious about their new no leak stance, could they have gone so far as to plant people here on Crackberry to feed us disinformation
    11-27-10 09:49 AM
    Obviously there's a serious reason as to why there hasn't been any information leaking as of late. People love their job & want to keep it that way. Of course some things will come into the wild before their due, but RIM is serious about proprietary info these days.

Be careful who you listen to & what information you take to heart. Some good things are coming. It'll play out in due time.
    CX, do you believe the image we have all seen is the Storm 3? or is that the next generation Torch? will the Storm 3 be something no one see's coming?
    11-27-10 09:52 AM
532 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD