You have any idea how many storms there would be on sprint...especially with that 69.99 plan....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 04:13 PM
    I'm going to be running head first into brick walls if I don't get me some Storm4G and PlayBook love soon!

That's exactly what I said and I busted his balls about it, but then he told me to shut it and stop being a "dumb, greasy wop"... I think you're good!
    "dumb, greasy wop"........lol ha ha ha ha I've honesly never heard that one before. Ya'll seem like ya'll got a wonderful friendship. That's cool.......cause anyone that know me knows I could live happily with just 4 things. Koolaid, watermelon, chicken......and a Storm3. Lol I got 3 out of 4 ha ha ha ha. Now I just need my storm and I'll be the happiest lil black man ever lol
    11-22-10 05:50 PM
    You have any idea how many storms there would be on sprint...especially with that 69.99 plan....

Oh. I'm on att so I never bothered looking into it, but i coulda sworn it was possible to unlock a cdma phone
    11-22-10 06:13 PM
    Nikos, I am a sprint user, and diehard blackberry fan. I have been hearing that Sprint is getting the upgraded torch, with 4G. Is this true?

That would make my day..

Let us know if sprint is getting which of the new BB's please!
    11-22-10 06:37 PM
    So is everyone just excited about the storm?...I m dying for the torch 2....or the bold touch...

Lol yup......well all pretty much waiting for that storm3. I mean you the one building our hopes and dreams up saying that it will be "RIM's hailmary" lol
    11-22-10 06:48 PM
    The sprint touchscreen berry is a rumor I have no info on that

11-22-10 06:48 PM
    If people cared so much about data speeds, wouldn't the EVO be doing much better as a phone ahead of it's time? I know there were shortages of it and it's not on the best carrier but still. When the iPhone came out At&t/cingular was wilting away and now look at them. You can't say the EVO has done that for Sprint. Again, just cause that phone is 4G and the iPhone 4 is 3G, people aren't flocking to Sprint cause they want faster speeds.
    VZW might be the biggest but that does not make them the best carrier. Sprint is doing very well with the Evo and the Epic. More 4G devices are coming.
    11-22-10 06:54 PM
    But why??? lol Why the touch bold and not the Storm??? I would think that if they were going to remove the feature from the Storm, then they'd just scrap that technology altogether.
    lol because he said one device will get surepress. I think its time to do away with surepress. It was fun at first when but now its time to take the training wheels off. Surepress is really not needed anymore.
    11-22-10 09:20 PM
    lol because he said one device will get surepress. I think its time to do away with surepress. It was fun at first when but now its time to take the training wheels off. Surepress is really not needed anymore.
    I would really like the option. But unfortunately surepress adds complexity and weight and girth to the devices. So if they are eliminating it, I can see why.
    11-22-10 09:27 PM
    If a surepress screen can focus (which is what the storms do - highlight/focus on your selection and wait for your click), it can be non surepress. If QNX is so powerful, I don't know why a phone couldn't be made to be both/to have an option to make the focus/selection capacitive.
    11-22-10 09:37 PM
    lol man i almost wanna say i don't even care anymore. it is so boring in the BB world i just wanna give up. theres pretty much nothin else to discuss, and crackberry hasn't gotten any leads in a very long time. I just wanna set my eyes on somethin.

ugh........lol im done till then lol
    11-22-10 10:18 PM
    I know man i agree...i want a new BB so bad. im tempted to buy a storm2 as a bridge to get me through these next 4+ months until i can get the majestic storm3! anybody got a 9550 in decent shape they're willing to sell??
    11-22-10 10:31 PM
    I know man i agree...i want a new BB so bad. im tempted to buy a storm2 as a bridge to get me through these next 4+ months until i can get the majestic storm3! anybody got a 9550 in decent shape they're willing to sell??
    I don't think its even worth it (I have a S2 and am looking for a bridge phone myself! ... sadly my S2 is in pretty bad shape, so its not really worthy to sell lol).

But, honestly, if your S1 is working fine, there is no reason to get an S2 at this point for money. If you have insurance or warranty, you can probably get an S2 through there (I don't think there are any S1s left, so I know that, at least around me, you can get an S2 for your S1 through insurance or warranty).
    11-22-10 10:57 PM
    lol at one point last month I was trying to trade my D1 for an S2...Traded for a 9650 instead *phwew*
    11-22-10 11:19 PM
    lol at one point last month I was trying to trade my D1 for an S2...Traded for a 9650 instead *phwew*
    Great call... you even get OS6!
    11-22-10 11:39 PM
    lol man i almost wanna say i don't even care anymore. it is so boring in the BB world i just wanna give up. theres pretty much nothin else to discuss, and crackberry hasn't gotten any leads in a very long time. I just wanna set my eyes on somethin.

ugh........lol im done till then lol
    I am with you again Rello. I feel we have been led down the gardfen path with this f***ing thread and lo and behold the guy claims its now coming in May. Its a complete joke. I am sure that RIM are suffering from delusions of grandeur. If they don't get the S3 out in jan feb they are dead in the watert. Too manuy migrators by may.

Now we know why Sal is getting an ip4 and CX said S3 was great but wondered how many BB users would be left by the time it came out. Its all becoming clearer and I am fed up with it

11-23-10 04:59 AM
    I'm done too Rello, this subject has been played out too much on no concrete info and I'm sick of it. I'm gonna try to wait till my bday in Jan for any new phone, screw RIM they completely f'ed us over and I'm done with it.
    RIMs sweet new policy of no leaks is going really well for them now. As they should see from these threads it beyond ridiculous how people are frustrated and many are throwing in the towel. if they are even thinkn of releasing the S3 in may, even if they are gonna throw whatever new chip and feature that is out in the phone at that time its BS. They are abandoning their original Storm customers, giving us nothing new for the holidays and at this point making us wait with no public info on what we are waiting for, Smart idea and great marketing.

11-23-10 06:57 AM
    So many people waited in line and took a leap of faith on the storm 1. The device came with a horrible os that was in need of an update from the start. It didn't have enough internal memory to run many apps with os 5. RIM sold a ton of them but it was a PR disaster. I went through 3 storms. The storm 2 was a disappointong refresh. I hate to say it but I have no reason to believe that the true storm 3 will not be typical RIM....late and unimpressive. I have been playing with a droid 1 that I picked up for cheap so I didn't have to burn an upgrade waiting for the storm 3. I am surprised how well it performs and how good the battery life is running froyo 2.2. RIM has their work cut out for them. Apple and the makers of Android phones are just inovating at a blistering pace and RIM can't keep up.

11-23-10 07:49 AM
    Give RIM the chance to release the new innovations they are working on. They realize that they need to keep up with the Smith's, but they also want to be the trendsetters with the rapidly changing technology. Let's be patient a while longer.

11-23-10 08:41 AM
    So what this all boils down to is the OP had "all of this inside information," that pans out to nothing more than what we knew before these 23 pages...2Q11 we should see some new phones from RIM??? This has got to be one of the best "slight of hand" posts in a long time! It shows you how desperate we are for information or how sad we've become!
    phonejunky likes this.
    11-23-10 08:54 AM
    But why??? lol Why the touch bold and not the Storm??? I would think that if they were going to remove the feature from the Storm, then they'd just scrap that technology altogether.
    Odds are that surepress is gone, keeping it would mean additional work for developers since they would also have a normal touchscreen on the torch, increases the thickness of any model with it not to mention the obvious point that it is potentially an additional point of failure that could lead to higher returns as well.
    11-23-10 09:06 AM
    hey listen i never sold "insider information" i had some info and i wanted to share ..i ve answered every question you guys have asked me so why you getting at me for lol
    11-23-10 09:10 AM
    So what this all boils down to is the OP had "all of this inside information," that pans out to nothing more than what we knew before these 23 pages...2Q11 we should see some new phones from RIM??? This has got to be one of the best "slight of hand" posts in a long time! It shows you how desperate we are for information or how sad we've become!
    LMFAO so true!
    11-23-10 09:32 AM
    Give RIM the chance to release the new innovations they are working on. They realize that they need to keep up with the Smith's, but they also want to be the trendsetters with the rapidly changing technology. Let's be patient a while longer.

I am really trying to be patient. As blackberry faithful, we have been behind for the last two years hoping RIM will catch up. I remember when we hoped os6 would level the playing field, and os 5 before that. It just gets tiring. As you can see from the posts here and in other forums on this site storm users are leaving for android. I have never seen such a mass exodus on this site. It's all because RIM has absolutely nothing to offer storm users who prefer a touch screen and don't want to go to AT&T a viable upgrade. Many of them will not come back. Even the torch is already behind and it was just released.

I think the posters on here who have criticized RIM for not leaking any phone info. are right on the $. They can tease a tablet that was months away from being released, but they can't offer any info. to give hope to phone buyers this holiday season. Either they are so far behind that a real storm 3 will not be released until the spring and it is just too far out to tease or they are just out of it/obsessed with their playbook. Many blackberry users that I know and work with are not waiting for the playbook. They are all getting ipads this holiday season anyway. If the iphone releases on verizon in January without a viable new blackberry to upgrade to I think RIM is in real trouble on verizon. They are already becoming a non-factor on that carrier and it is too big of a carrier to ignore. They will be relegated to simple business phones for hard-core business users. Maybe that has served them well in the past, but I have seen my field (law, which has been a traditional all blackberry field) go from almost 100% blackberry to 50% blackberry and 50% something else (android and iphone) in only the past year. Rather than buy a blackberry for an employee firms are encouraging lawyers to get their own phone, choose what they want, and then connect it via exchange to the firms email. The "consumer" is walking into verizon and making the choice, not the business. They are being lured away by shiny new droids and iphones that have cool apps, great cameras and awesome screens. The old saying "my blackberry just works, it does what I need it to" goes right out the window when they see what android and iphones can do. They have told me that considering what they pay for data a blackberry seems like a waste of $ compared to an android device. Some developers are starting to ignore blackberry altogether. That is why an app that is free in android costs $4-$6 in app world.
    11-23-10 09:38 AM
    Why do you care? He's answering the questions we asked.

11-23-10 10:09 AM
532 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD