If RIM really wants to make the iphone/droid killer consumer masterpiece, they need to appeal to as broad a market as possible. Instead of alienating people with a love/hate technology like whatever-press, make it an option, and make it customizable. Maybe I don't want audible clicks, maybe I don't want it at all, maybe I want it super-sensitive so I never hit a wrong letter button...
    11-22-10 09:39 AM
    If RIM really wants to make the iphone/droid killer consumer masterpiece, they need to appeal to as broad a market as possible. Instead of alienating people with a love/hate technology like whatever-press, make it an option, and make it customizable. Maybe I don't want audible clicks, maybe I don't want it at all, maybe I want it super-sensitive so I never hit a wrong letter button...
    QFT!!!! Exactly right on!
    11-22-10 10:22 AM
    May!?!? Buy then the iPhone 5 info will be leaking for the summer release (or they'll leak it if RIM does something good), Probably next Android OS and hardware coming out. RIM's thinking lately is messed up.
    11-22-10 10:23 AM
    Yeah ...we might see a s3 b4 that but I seriously doubt it ..that's what the 9570 was supposed to be....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    May will likely be to late many original S1 owners like myself all started coming up for NE2, mine was yesterday. Waiting till Jan would kind of suck as i would like a new toy for Christmas like everyone else, Feb would really be pushing it i think for a lot of people as i think the vast majority of people who will buy a S3 are already Storm owners, but seriously May! that will be 7 months past a lot of S1 customers looking for their NE2 not many people are going to last that long VZW has got people brain washed when your two years come you get a new phone and you get the hottest one available. They even start sending you post cards reminding you that you have an upgrade available. I'll probably wait because i am on my 6th S1 which just arrived 4 weeks ago so it is like i have a new phone but seriously MAY!!!
    11-22-10 10:26 AM
    @samjudy2000 wait it out dude, you'll be glad you did - I'm hanging on to an 8900 (which I still love, currently on my fourth model)) in expectation of the new Bold Touch and was out of contract over a month ago. Maybe we can even set up a little support group on here for people in the same position

11-22-10 10:54 AM
    we have no choice but to wait it out
    11-22-10 11:31 AM
    we have no choice but to wait it out
    See but there's where your wrong Nikos. We are gonna have PLENTY of choices come Jan after CTIA. So i think it will eventually come to people not wanting to wait and saying screw it I'll get RIM on the next time around. However, what if there isn't a next time??
    If people grab a Droid or iPHone to wait out RIM who's to say they will come back if they really start to enjoy the other phone they get. That's why RIM is dropping the ball right now and failing.
    11-22-10 11:58 AM
    i understand ....i personally dont like the iphone and i think the whole droid platform is a toy..not for me ...but i know people who got dressed up as the android emblem for Halloween....i rather wait if they gon get it right and i told you there are getting it right ..so to each is own you know ..i m very much in love with my torch ...i can wait 5 - 6 months
    11-22-10 12:29 PM
    I love the iPhone but need my BB, so I'm using my 9780 right now, will buy an iPad so I can have all the iPhone apps I love in the house.

My wife has the N900 and she loves it because it handles conversations really really well with all the multi-tasking in the background she does. She only wants to come over to the dark side of BB since all her friends around the world have BBM but she is right when she says that Blackberrys are the most boring phones in the world.

They truly are the most boring, yet they get the business tasks done really well. Other than that, this QNX Rumor on future devices better be a real head turner and like many of you are saying, it will most likely be another big miss for RIM. I really don't think they can afford another miss.

Me being one of those that switched over to this Blackberry 9780 two weeks ago from my unlocked iPhone 3gS on T-Mo, I only switched for BBM and to have a business like device for my job. Turns out the business apps suck compared to those in the Apple app store but I don't wanna start another war here. I'm happy with my BB for now, but 6 months later they better have what it is we are all waiting for or I will just switch back.

Tried Android on the G2, phone hardware is amazing but Android and apps are all too geeky and childish stuff. Plus many negative or low reviews on a lot of the popular apps in the Android store.

That's my input for today, although no one asked for it lol.
    11-22-10 12:59 PM
    I follow #Crucial_Extreme, #BlackBerrySith, #Bla1ze, #azeis, #BBLEAKS, #salomondrin, #crackberry, #BlackBerryDev, #crackberrykeivin, and #bbgeeks.

Me and my buddy too!!! He's black as well and says that shiz ain't no joke. Said "it ain't black koolaid until you can almost chew sugar." Thought I was going to pis my pants laughing so hard at him and Rello!

lol ha ha then yo boy know what im talkin bout. RIM better know that I know my koolaid VERY WELL............when they deliver "the koolaid".............it better be the best I've ever had.

God, could i be stereotyping black people more than what I am now lol???

Ditto my above comment
    Yeah i don't see the point in putting surepress in the Bold touch, but not the Storm. If RIM thinks people don't want it in the device that started it, then why the **** would they think people would want it in the Bold touch......a form factor that people have been waiting on for years! It don't make sense to me.......but dude did say the Storm3 he saw was only a prototype.........guess we'll see
    Last edited by Rello; 11-22-10 at 01:09 PM.
    11-22-10 01:01 PM
    @samjudy2000 wait it out dude, you'll be glad you did - I'm hanging on to an 8900 (which I still love, currently on my fourth model)) in expectation of the new Bold Touch and was out of contract over a month ago. Maybe we can even set up a little support group on here for people in the same position

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had mine since the first day it came out on Cincinnati Bell.

Im gonna need more than a support group though.............im gonna need some full blown therapy. Me and my therapist gonna be sharing lunch together lol. Everyday I see my android or iphone friends do somethin nice that my 8900 could only dream of doing........it just makes me wanna walk down the street and start slapping everyone i see along the way lol.
    11-22-10 01:07 PM
    Form follows function. It's only a toy if the person using it treats it like such. I'm one of those who don't.
    11-22-10 01:44 PM
    Form follows function. It's only a toy if the person using it treats it like such. I'm one of those who don't.
    Very well said and I agree with you 100%. So my G2 could have been what I wanted it to be. Now when I think of it that way...think I regret returning it lol. Actually I don't since I've been using BBM like crazy and back in touch with all my friends.
    11-22-10 01:50 PM
    I regret not smacking sense into my friend who messed with some beer app on his X. It basically shows a virtual mug where it would fill up, then empty when you rotated the phone. I was thinking, "you spent that money, for that?"
    11-22-10 01:56 PM
    Honestly I don't get the hate for the torch...only bgr and us here on crackberry hate this phone...in ny they sellingnlike crazy..the phone is fun...awesome media....I have my videos my music...I have about 26 cool apps with new ones coming everyday...I dontbhave open gl big ******* woop.....I have a reliable phone who people considered under powered and it performs great...I have like 10 friends on mine who all loved my torch that they went and got it..(2 of them did keep the iPhones also lol)...so I m satisfied with phone...

11-22-10 02:08 PM
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had mine since the first day it came out on Cincinnati Bell.

Im gonna need more than a support group though.............im gonna need some full blown therapy. Me and my therapist gonna be sharing lunch together lol. Everyday I see my android or iphone friends do somethin nice that my 8900 could only dream of doing........it just makes me wanna walk down the street and start slapping everyone i see along the way lol.
    I'm going to be running head first into brick walls if I don't get me some Storm4G and PlayBook love soon!

lol ha ha then yo boy know what im talkin bout. RIM better know that I know my koolaid VERY WELL............when they deliver "the koolaid".............it better be the best I've ever had.

God, could i be stereotyping black people more than what I am now lol???
    That's exactly what I said and I busted his balls about it, but then he told me to shut it and stop being a "dumb, greasy wop"... I think you're good!
    11-22-10 02:14 PM
    So is everyone just excited about the storm?...I m dying for the torch 2....or the bold touch...

11-22-10 02:19 PM
    My personal guess, after knowing the Torch doesn't have a GPU, is the idea of selling the Torch at a more competitive price point than those who bore similar price points, but superior hardware.
    11-22-10 02:23 PM
    I've seen a ton of torches being sold around here as well. I think it's a cool phone, I just prefer the 9700.
    11-22-10 02:25 PM
    I love my torch

11-22-10 02:42 PM
    Well a Torch is useless to me since it is on AT&T and I won't switch companies for a higher monthly payment and inferior data coverage footprint. A Verizon only BB is again worthless to me because I refuse to pay higher monthly costs for identical service/footprint. Sprint is my company, I get great service at a great price. I want a touchscreen BB on Sprint. You would think that with AT&T only giving the iPhone love and Verizon only pushing hard on Androids that RIM would stop this exclusivity junk and make all of their phones available to all carriers in the US. I'll wait a little longer but I have a feeling that I'll just have to eventually switch over to a Android device at some point since RIM will probably never release what I want on my carrier, and I don't think any phone is worth changing carriers for.
    11-22-10 02:49 PM
    Sprint I m hearing is getting a touchscreen berry...btw I love the new style commercial...lol

11-22-10 02:54 PM
    Well a Torch is useless to me since it is on AT&T and I won't switch companies for a higher monthly payment and inferior data coverage footprint. A Verizon only BB is again worthless to me because I refuse to pay higher monthly costs for identical service/footprint. Sprint is my company, I get great service at a great price. I want a touchscreen BB on Sprint. You would think that with AT&T only giving the iPhone love and Verizon only pushing hard on Androids that RIM would stop this exclusivity junk and make all of their phones available to all carriers in the US. I'll wait a little longer but I have a feeling that I'll just have to eventually switch over to a Android device at some point since RIM will probably never release what I want on my carrier, and I don't think any phone is worth changing carriers for.
    Ah the beauty of unlock codes. Why not pick up a vzw phone unlocked, and use it on sprint?
    11-22-10 03:10 PM
    U can't ..

11-22-10 03:19 PM
    Ah the beauty of unlock codes. Why not pick up a vzw phone unlocked, and use it on sprint?
    Because CDMA (at least in the US) doesn't use SIM cards and you just can't take a Sprint phone to Verizon or vise versa. The carrier has to add the ESN or MEID of the phone into their systems database and they don't like to that.
    11-22-10 03:23 PM
532 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD