Being the tech head I am, at the time, I was intrigued by the storm, even when I had bought an 8330. But, my sister, and mom gave opposing opinions. I'm wondering if my sister got a bad lemon of a batch, while my mom got a better one. My sister kept saying how much she hated it, and why. It was based on those, I waited until the Storm 2 came out. Then again, my sister is a predominantly Apple product owner, so in the back of her mind, she'll forever wait for the iPhone to show up on Verizon, despite acknowledged flaws the first version had.

Even then, during that process, I thought about going with a Tour; but, as luck would have it, it had trackball issues I couldn't ignore. At that time last year, I had already gone through stuck trackball moments during my use of the 8330. Another thing for me was, hour glass ****, especially with the 8330; but, I didn't escape it when I got the Storm 2.
    11-21-10 07:34 PM
    One of the 4 devices I told you about has sure press and it's not th s3 ...s3 has similar screen as torch...but maybe there is an option to turn off and on the surepress

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 08:37 PM
    One of the 4 devices I told you about has sure press and it's not th s3 ...s3 has similar screen as torch...but maybe there is an option to turn off and on the surepress

Not to doubt u man.....but I just can't wrap my mind around that. I'm pretty sure Verizon bought the right to the Surepress technology, or the name or something like that. I don't see the touchscreen bold going just to verizon when the bold is on all carriers now, and I can't see RIM giving the torch the technology when the first didn't have it. That leaves the pearl slider.......lol and that don't make sense neither if its supposed to be a pearl that just sliders. Guess we'll see lol
    11-21-10 09:21 PM
    Nikos your losing me here, a lil earlier u said it was the S3, after u said it wasn't the Storm. Make up your mind...what's the deal for real?

11-21-10 09:23 PM
    Well, at least Verizon has finally annouced the 4G, LTE, network on TV tonight, so we know that's coming in December 2010...ONE piece of the puzzle!
    11-21-10 09:24 PM
    Matty no I didn't the s3 I saw doesn't have it...

11-21-10 09:35 PM
    Verizon doesn't have the right to surepress

11-21-10 09:36 PM
    So I m clear lol..the s3 is not sure press ...

11-21-10 09:37 PM
    Verizon doesn't have the right to surepress

Your right......damn I could've swore that they did but your right.

I know you probably can't tell us but if I had to guess, I'd still say the pearl slider. lol but why would RIM take a feature from a device that made it famous, then switch that feature to entirely different device???
    11-21-10 10:09 PM
    What type of graphics processor does it have? can it do open gl? play great games? HDMI out? bluetooth 3.0?
    11-21-10 10:48 PM
    Open gl absolutely and it's not the pearl slider...u guys are killing me lol..def great games and the hotspot feature is there

11-21-10 11:55 PM
    Btw on the hotspot issue my "understanding is" that the torch was supposed to have this feature but there is major problem doing it with the os...major security flaws also...qnx from my understanding will be no problem..

11-22-10 12:01 AM
    I personally don't think were gonna see any of these devices before summer 2011. Yes verizon is supposed to be coming out with LTE relatively soon but the first devices are gonna be data like aircards and netbooks not phones.

That's why I think its funny when I hear ppl rant about how Iphone is coming to Verizon. Who cares? If they do get it in January like the rumors say it probably won't be 4G so are u really gonna be happy when 3 months after u get ur Iphone they start dropping 4g phones that'll run circles around it.

11-22-10 12:39 AM
    If the storm 3 doesn't have surepress and 1 of the 4 phones have surepress I would have to say the touch Bold. It could be hard to click press a slider phone (pearl slider and torch).
    11-22-10 01:22 AM
    If the storm 3 doesn't have surepress and 1 of the 4 phones have surepress I would have to say the touch Bold. It could be hard to click press a slider phone (pearl slider and torch).
    But why??? lol Why the touch bold and not the Storm??? I would think that if they were going to remove the feature from the Storm, then they'd just scrap that technology altogether.
    11-22-10 01:39 AM
    I understand to roll out the product correctly, but based on fears, it would seem if they take too long, you think some, or many of you consumer berry users would move to another flock, thinking competition has pushed things even further?
    I'm definitely considering it. They're not gonna have either of those 2 new LTE/4G whatevers in my area anyway - we're not in the initial roll-out area so I don't give 2-hoots about that. It will be time for me to renew AGAIN by the time that stuff's in my area so they're making people in my position wait for new phones when it won't affect us anyway. This sucks.
    11-22-10 02:28 AM
    Well, at least Verizon has finally annouced the 4G, LTE, network on TV tonight, so we know that's coming in December 2010...ONE piece of the puzzle!
    Mystery? VZW has said be year end for like 10 months.
    11-22-10 07:08 AM
    I personally don't think were gonna see any of these devices before summer 2011. Yes verizon is supposed to be coming out with LTE relatively soon but the first devices are gonna be data like aircards and netbooks not phones.

That's why I think its funny when I hear ppl rant about how Iphone is coming to Verizon. Who cares? If they do get it in January like the rumors say it probably won't be 4G so are u really gonna be happy when 3 months after u get ur Iphone they start dropping 4g phones that'll run circles around it.

VZW has already announced that 4G phones will be announced CTIA in January and that would have 5 Smartphones that are LTE capable in market by May 2011. So expect to see some phones in late Jan or early Feb. I don't know where BB will fall in that line up, it's been said that and Android device (Incredible HD/HTC Mecha) and teh Storm 3 will be the first 2 LTE Smartphones.
    11-22-10 07:12 AM

Who cares huh? Sorry JRZ but RIM SHOULD care! People who rant have good reason too cause they understand how RIMs market share is dwindling away and how its gonna make it even worse when the iphone comes to the largest Us carrier.
    Look when the first iPhone was released, it wasn't even 3g and 3g had been out for awhile. Not until the second gen iPhone did the iPhone handle 3G, however did anyone care? I'd assume not since they sold the **** out of that phone and even on a ****ty carrier with AT&T. Not everyone cares about data speeds. The iPhone was really the first big consumer smartphone and consumers in general don't care too much about specs and data speed like people here on CB do.
    The iPhone released in Jan won't be 4G, but who's gonna care? The iPhone4 on AT&T now isn't 4g but ur still gonna have a lot of people leaving AT&T to come to a better network in Verizon when they get it. People care more about dropped calls and better reception then how fast they download a pic or whatever.
    The point here is RIM isn't really looked at as a huge consumer touchscreen smart phone player since their first attempt with the Storm was a mess. People know what they are getting when they pick up an iPhone. With this new S3, with a new OS, consumers have no clue what they are getting. Therefore why trust RIM when their first attempt in the touchscreen consumer market was terrible. Members here at CB don't even know what we are getting into and we are more loyal then the main consumer base. I'd say that's why even people who love the Storm like Sal are gonna grab an iPhone cause they know what they are getting.
    At this point I know the S3 isn't gonna be released before the iPhone. However, this S3 better be able to draw a lot of consumer interest and also be a quality touchscreen phone. Or the head start that apple will have is just gonna keep pounding RIM into the ground. That's why most people want the S3 out NOW so that it can have a head start and then people other then CB members can be drawn to it. RIM will hopefully establish a good base and when the iPhone is release things may not be that bad.

If people cared so much about data speeds, wouldn't the EVO be doing much better as a phone ahead of it's time? I know there were shortages of it and it's not on the best carrier but still. When the iPhone came out At&t/cingular was wilting away and now look at them. You can't say the EVO has done that for Sprint. Again, just cause that phone is 4G and the iPhone 4 is 3G, people aren't flocking to Sprint cause they want faster speeds.
    Last edited by MattyG27; 11-22-10 at 07:58 AM.
    11-22-10 07:16 AM
    Definitely agree with everything you just said, UrbanGlowCam.

Can't wait until Dec/Jan!

Btw... who should I follow on twitter to learn about BB leaks? I'm following crackberry on facebook, but I know that there are others lurking around here who have way more info, faster, like Sal.
    I follow #Crucial_Extreme, #BlackBerrySith, #Bla1ze, #azeis, #BBLEAKS, #salomondrin, #crackberry, #BlackBerryDev, #crackberrykeivin, and #bbgeeks.

Oh no doubt man, and don't get me wrong......honestly i'll take it either way, but when Sal busted out with the early storm3 specs he said:

"The screen will be something new we haven�t seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it won�t work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I�m not sure how they are archiving it this time"

Capacitive would be great, but wat if they really have developed a new version of surepress.........one that really gave users an advantage. I can, but at the same time i can't, see RIM giving up on tech that has won them awards.
    Agreed. I really like my sure press and hope they don't get rid of it, but if they do, fine. I just don't think its realisitc to drop it from the Storm line, and not alltogether.

haha, couldn't stop laughing.
    Me and my buddy too!!! He's black as well and says that shiz ain't no joke. Said "it ain't black koolaid until you can almost chew sugar." Thought I was going to pis my pants laughing so hard at him and Rello!

Thank God!

But why??? lol Why the touch bold and not the Storm??? I would think that if they were going to remove the feature from the Storm, then they'd just scrap that technology altogether.
    Ditto my above comment
    11-22-10 07:20 AM
    I was just told an I quote " this years Wes Event will be the shock n awe blackberry fans have hoped for..I m saying device wise ..OS wise...everything" ....so I guess that when it all goes down

11-22-10 08:32 AM
    Matty no I didn't the s3 I saw doesn't have it...

Did it not have sure press, or was it turned off and you didn't notice (which I hope is the case)?

I was just told an I quote " this years Wes Event will be the shock n awe blackberry fans have hoped for..I m saying device wise ..OS wise...everything" ....so I guess that when it all goes down

Lets hope so!
    11-22-10 08:42 AM

Isn't wes in May?
    11-22-10 08:54 AM
    Yeah ...we might see a s3 b4 that but I seriously doubt it ..that's what the 9570 was supposed to be....

11-22-10 09:02 AM
    I didn't see or had any indication that there is sure type....but u never know I saw a prototype...

11-22-10 09:03 AM
532 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD