I had to thank you for this one. I guess only time will tell.
    I see what u saying dawg, but honestly, I think at this point.....even if dude is lying, this type of info is really helping people to get through this long waiting game. We BB users are constantly being told that the jesus blackberry (ok....mayb im being a little over dramatic lol) is right around the corner, and still get let down when it finally comes.

I've been waiting for a high spec'd storm since i returned the first Storm a week after it came out lol. I'll take whatever info anyone dares to throw out at this point.
    11-20-10 08:38 PM
    I had to thank you for this one. I guess only time will tell.
    I think he knows what he is talking about.
    11-20-10 10:53 PM
    This thread keeps me up late every night lol...I'm sure RIM is working on something great. I wish a picture would at least leak.
    11-21-10 02:24 AM
    There is a huge "beef " up in waterloo with apple ... It will be a great year for rim...
    I'll believe it when I see it. RIM has a long way to go to meet the quality and polish of Apple's products. This is evident even when you consider the PlayBook developer APIs and RIM's platform strategy (which still feels fragmented).

RIM has the potential to succeed, but they need to be aggressive and improve the developer and customer experience fast, and they have a smaller and smaller window of time to do this in.
    11-21-10 09:53 AM
    I love apple I have everything but the iphone BUT let's not talk quality the iphone 4 has had major major problems..... They believe they can take apple on the mobile wars....rim believe that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 10:44 AM
    The problem is that they need to hurry up and do it or it will be too late so to speak. Went out with a big group of my friends last night and 4 of them that I talked to switched from a BB to the iPhone within the past 6 months.
    11-21-10 11:11 AM
    They won't ...nothing is imminent ..

11-21-10 11:27 AM
    I just wanna know how the plan on implementing surepress this time. If they goin balls-out for this phone, then I'm sure surepress has gotta bne perfect, or damn near close to it
    11-21-10 02:32 PM
    Surepress isn't for the storm...

11-21-10 02:33 PM
    Surepress isn't for the storm...
    "Surepress" was for the Storm 1.
    "Truepress" was for the Storm 2.

Are you referring to the Storm 3?
    11-21-10 03:15 PM
    Yes sorry ..I meant the s3

11-21-10 03:39 PM
    I just wanna know how the plan on implementing surepress this time. If they goin balls-out for this phone, then I'm sure surepress has gotta bne perfect, or damn near close to it
    Didn't they say no surepress? (just a fully capacitive glass touchscreen).

Or something totally different, like maybe how the Droid screen vibrates when making selections, etc.
    11-21-10 03:41 PM
    I'm changing my mind and want to see capacitive this time around. I'm tired of the loud click, especially when my significant other is trying to sleep. Also in business meetings, its got to be an annoyance when youre trying to send a quick message quietly. I think the click is nice, but it isnt nice all the time. It brings more problems than benefits. I've been having trouble with the lower keys clicking properly ever since I started with this storm line. Also since its tied to the software, the click changes in firmness and affectiveness depending on what is on the screen or what app youre using. And frankly, I want to use a phone without scrutinizing its input method so much.
    11-21-10 03:57 PM
    I'm changing my mind and want to see capacitive this time around. I'm tired of the loud click, especially when my significant other is trying to sleep. Also in business meetings, its got to be an annoyance when youre trying to send a quick message quietly. I think the click is nice, but it isnt nice all the time. It brings more problems than benefits. I've been having trouble with the lower keys clicking properly ever since I started with this storm line. Also since its tied to the software, the click changes in firmness and affectiveness depending on what is on the screen or what app youre using. And frankly, I want to use a phone without scrutinizing its input method so much.
    As much as I enjoy truepress I have to completely agree with you there.
    11-21-10 04:33 PM
    I see what u saying dawg, but honestly, I think at this point.....even if dude is lying, this type of info is really helping people to get through this long waiting game. We BB users are constantly being told that the jesus blackberry (ok....mayb im being a little over dramatic lol) is right around the corner, and still get let down when it finally comes.

I've been waiting for a high spec'd storm since i returned the first Storm a week after it came out lol. I'll take whatever info anyone dares to throw out at this point.
    Oh its great therapy, I will give you that! I am so fricken tired of waiting and not hearing anything solid from RIM, CB, or Verizon, I'm following the trail and nibbling on all the crumbs too! I'm standing in the same line, waiting for the koolaid, just like everybody else!
    11-21-10 04:51 PM
    Yes sorry ..I meant the s3

Well u said in a earlier post that surepress may not be dead.

lol i don't care what they call it (surepress, truepress)............but if they've truly perfected a version of it, then i would like to see how they've implemented it.
    11-21-10 05:13 PM
    Didn't they say no surepress? (just a fully capacitive glass touchscreen).

Or something totally different, like maybe how the Droid screen vibrates when making selections, etc.
    yeah man they did, but until someone officially says they don't any kind of extra screen tech in there, then i guess im still kinda hoping. id be happy either way, don't get me wrong.

Plus RIM has said Surepress is here to stay (even though it was awhile ago), and Sal's earlier Storm3 specs said they had a new version of it. DAMN IT...............someone out there tell me something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty please
    11-21-10 05:17 PM
    Oh its great therapy, I will give you that! I am so fricken tired of waiting and not hearing anything solid from RIM, CB, or Verizon, I'm following the trail and nibbling on all the crumbs too! I'm standing in the same line, waiting for the koolaid, just like everybody else!
    lol im waiting for someone to serve me up some beautiful Grape Koolaid, and yet people keep holding it from me. 1 cup is all i ask lol. I'll believe almost anyone at this point.
    11-21-10 05:22 PM
    I can understand everyone wanting to drink the Koolaide at this point, as I'm obviously one of those people. It's just completely frustrating, so to hear anything that may even sound like it could be or hearing something that you want to be true, keeps hope alive for us.
    Still I want a new phone like yesterday and this really sucks and I hope RIM understands that. Really it's BS for RIM to not have anything for it's loyal Storm owners when they know they are coming for a upgrade at this point. Also for RIM to not have a new consumer phone to sell during the holidays is ridiculious too.
    I was in the Verizon store today as my gf got a 9650 for free from her old Curve. So you know when we got home I pulled the leaked OS6 out and threw it on there. The webkit is a great upgrade but other then that OS6 is horrible disappointment IMO, so thank you RIM for not releasing the 9570. What's even more of a joke, is that I knew I was gonna put OS6 on it when she was getting it at the store, so I asked the salesman when was Verizon gonna release OS6? He's say in about 5 or 6 weeks, I almost laughed in his face. He probably had no clue what he was talking about but I still thought it was funny.
    Which brings me back to the Storm frustration. If it's taking verizon this long to release OS6, or to approve OS6 or whatever, it may be a very long wait for a qnx storm. Since, it's been said that QNX is what is holding the S3 up. So if RIM is heistant to release an S3 due to the OS, we all need to think it may still be a long time even when Verizon finally gets the phone.
    I'm not sure I can wait that long, this is just brutal. Soo this Koolaide better get very, very, very, very tasty or I'm done when 4g phones get released and we don't have an S3 or at least a date.
    One more things, the Galaxy Tablet is pretty terrible IMO, its really just a larger Droid phone, pretty beat.
    11-21-10 05:58 PM
    Well u said in a earlier post that surepress may not be dead.

lol i don't care what they call it (surepress, truepress)............but if they've truly perfected a version of it, then i would like to see how they've implemented it.
    whays wrong with a basic capacative screen? See, I remember us hearing about a new input method for the storm 2 when all the hype was about that device.
    Remember Sals videos popping up all over and everyones attention as to how its gonna work "this year!"
    Now it feels like dejavu all over again. And frankly, I'm tired of the changes. Each change every year just tells us that the last year didnt work well. If it did, then not only would it not change but all other touch screen phone makers would adopt it. That hasnt happened and it also tells me that it probably wont happen. So for me, I rather just see the basic capacative screen with more res. Keep it simple.

As for typing accuracy, its not the surepress that makes it accurate, its the suretype keyboard. And I'm sure 9 out of 10 use that portait keyboard to type fast. Suretype with a capacitive screen is FINE BY ME! Keep it thin, keep it simple is all I say
    11-21-10 06:05 PM
    I can understand everyone wanting to drink the Koolaide at this point, as I'm obviously one of those people. It's just completely frustrating, so to hear anything that may even sound like it could be or hearing something that you want to be true, keeps hope alive for us.
    Still I want a new phone like yesterday and this really sucks and I hope RIM understands that. Really it's BS for RIM to not have anything for it's loyal Storm owners when they know they are coming for a upgrade at this point. Also for RIM to not have a new consumer phone to sell during the holidays is ridiculious too.
    I was in the Verizon store today as my gf got a 9650 for free from her old Curve. So you know when we got home I pulled the leaked OS6 out and threw it on there. The webkit is a great upgrade but other then that OS6 is horrible disappointment IMO, so thank you RIM for not releasing the 9570. What's even more of a joke, is that I knew I was gonna put OS6 on it when she was getting it at the store, so I asked the salesman when was Verizon gonna release OS6? He's say in about 5 or 6 weeks, I almost laughed in his face. He probably had no clue what he was talking about but I still thought it was funny.
    Which brings me back to the Storm frustration. If it's taking verizon this long to release OS6, or to approve OS6 or whatever, it may be a very long wait for a qnx storm. Since, it's been said that QNX is what is holding the S3 up. So if RIM is heistant to release an S3 due to the OS, we all need to think it may still be a long time even when Verizon finally gets the phone.
    I'm not sure I can wait that long, this is just brutal. Soo this Koolaide better get very, very, very, very tasty or I'm done when 4g phones get released and we don't have an S3 or at least a date.
    One more things, the Galaxy Tablet is pretty terrible IMO, its really just a larger Droid phone, pretty beat.
    Dude, this koolaid better be the ****. Im not talkin bout no white people koolaid, and i LOVE white people, but this better be some straight up Black people koolaid (read: unrealistic levels of sugar) lol ha ha. Matter fact throw some extra sugar on it. I better have diabetes once im done drinking my koolaid.

lol pretty much, i need some info thats gonna knock me out my socks if i wasn't clear lol
    11-21-10 06:20 PM
    whays wrong with a basic capacative screen? See, I remember us hearing about a new input method for the storm 2 when all the hype was about that device.
    Remember Sals videos popping up all over and everyones attention as to how its gonna work "this year!"
    Now it feels like dejavu all over again. And frankly, I'm tired of the changes. Each change every year just tells us that the last year didnt work well. If it did, then not only would it not change but all other touch screen phone makers would adopt it. That hasnt happened and it also tells me that it probably wont happen. So for me, I rather just see the basic capacative screen with more res. Keep it simple.

As for typing accuracy, its not the surepress that makes it accurate, its the suretype keyboard. And I'm sure 9 out of 10 use that portait keyboard to type fast. Suretype with a capacitive screen is FINE BY ME! Keep it thin, keep it simple is all I say
    Oh no doubt man, and don't get me wrong......honestly i'll take it either way, but when Sal busted out with the early storm3 specs he said:

"The screen will be something new we haven�t seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it won�t work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I�m not sure how they are archiving it this time"

Capacitive would be great, but wat if they really have developed a new version of surepress.........one that really gave users an advantage. I can, but at the same time i can't, see RIM giving up on tech that has won them awards.
    11-21-10 06:29 PM
    Dude, this koolaid better be the ****. Im not talkin bout no white people koolaid, and i LOVE white people, but this better be some straight up Black people koolaid (read: unrealistic levels of sugar) lol ha ha. Matter fact throw some extra sugar on it. I better have diabetes once im done drinking my koolaid.

lol pretty much, i need some info thats gonna knock me out my socks if i wasn't clear lol
    haha, couldn't stop laughing.
    11-21-10 06:49 PM
    I understand to roll out the product correctly, but based on fears, it would seem if they take too long, you think some, or many of you consumer berry users would move to another flock, thinking competition has pushed things even further?
    11-21-10 06:51 PM
    haha, couldn't stop laughing.
    Lol well thank u sir......I was hoping it would make someone out the laugh. I'm real good at bein dramatic but believe it or not......that whole post was a serious representation of how I feel lol.

You last post though is exactly the pickle RIM is in though. Release now and while some may be happy, u run the risk of releasing a product with many flaws that could've been good (Storm1)......or release 4 or 5 months down the road and people get tired of waiting and simply leave.

Personally I will give them this one last chance to really wow me before I bounce.....so RIM.....take your time. I'm fine with that
    11-21-10 07:07 PM
532 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD