btw rim has officially surpassed its internal goal for sales of the torch
    11-19-10 10:44 AM
    btw rim has officially surpassed its internal goal for sales of the torch
    I understand what you are saying but it would make sense to release the S3 on verizon before the iphone does in january. If RIM wants to steal their thunder they should take on apple earlier rather than reacting too late

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 11:29 AM
    they will surpass apple this quarter in sales..
    11-19-10 11:52 AM
    Go RIM!!!!
    11-19-10 11:58 AM
    The color torches I m been told are selling and I quote "fabulously" lol

11-19-10 12:09 PM
    All the more reason to release the S3 asap and smash the opposition. No point in bringing a phone out in April and then seeing the specs being surpassed in may or june. You need to build a solid customer base before then.

The only caveat to this is that if the specs are better than we think,, it won't make such of a difference. Nikos are you saying that the S3 will knock it out of the ballpark.

11-19-10 12:38 PM
    blackberries always perform better than their specs..a 1ghz processor on a blackberry will trump over a droid...i m telling you the s3 i was shown will be a game changer ...i was told that the storm 3 is a single core but could be dual after hearing balsille speak..phone is very fast and very responsive ...it will be impressive with os6 imagine with qnx....this will be a blackberry that we can show off and be proud ..even tho i m very happy with my torch lol
    11-19-10 01:02 PM
    Even better if they drop the Marvell 628 in it.

11-19-10 01:24 PM
    we ll see ...i was told if rim sees people adopting to the os6 experience they will drop the storm 3 b4 qnx is ready ...thats all thats holding the new devices
    11-19-10 02:00 PM
    man if they would just drop the storm 3 with these high end specs you're speaking of nikosg, they would get my business cuz i know that these specs are gonna hold up for QNX...anything is better than my storm 1 at this point!

I've read all your posts but can't recall what you said about it being 4G? is that gonna happen??
    11-19-10 02:08 PM
    That's cool as long as the hardware can be updated to QNX. A lot of guys will buy this early doors and if they find out that they can't get QNX in jan feb they are going to be very p***sed

11-19-10 02:31 PM
    yeah i would be one of those people...but i would wait and see if it was qnx capable first before picking it up. the original 9570 that got cancelled never caught my attention cuz there was always the dream of the true storm 3 w/ 4g and all things a BB should be made of these days. so we'll see i guess...
    11-19-10 02:37 PM
    its is 4g ...the storm is LTE4g ..and the torch refresh will work on att 4g
    11-19-10 02:49 PM
    its is 4g ...the storm is LTE4g ..and the torch refresh will work on att 4g
    11-19-10 03:59 PM
    OS6 is amazing... But if RIM drops the S3 in Jan with os6, will there be a possibility to update to qnx when that os is released? (or will they just release another new phone with qnx?). If what you are saying is true, it would seem that the S3 would be able to upgrade because the hardware specs are so high.
    11-19-10 05:57 PM
    blackberries always perform better than their specs..a 1ghz processor on a blackberry will trump over a droid...i m telling you the s3 i was shown will be a game changer ...i was told that the storm 3 is a single core but could be dual after hearing balsille speak..phone is very fast and very responsive ...it will be impressive with os6 imagine with qnx....this will be a blackberry that we can show off and be proud ..even tho i m very happy with my torch lol
    I may not be able to get the Storm3 on at&t, but, as long as other "Crackberry" Addicts will have a device that is on par with other devices, I'll be happy. I actually returned one of my three Torches to keep another line free.......just in case something drops next year. It's hard to defend or boast about your Blackberry.......in the middle of a reboot series and your buddy has a d*mn droid or an iPhone. BTW, always glad to hear any good news about Blackberries. Thanks. .

11-19-10 06:35 PM
    Its always awesome when someone anonymous in a sense post cause then you kind of want to believe them but know you can't really trust them. We've heard of better more trumped up devices especially with the Storm name on it, and have been let down so..... we'll just have to wait and see.
    11-19-10 06:38 PM
    we ll see ...i was told if rim sees people adopting to the os6 experience they will drop the storm 3 b4 qnx is ready ...thats all thats holding the new devices
    How can people adopt the "OS6 experience" when there is so little of the experience out there for them to adopt? Torch only on AT&T and not a lot selling. Style on Sprint but it isn't touch. You have to give people the opportunity to experience the "experience" if you want feedback! In the meantime, Apple and Android are providing people with a touch screen experience and taking much more of the new customers in this exploding segment. Right now RIM should just release the damn phone on all US carriers with OS6 and state it is QNX ready so people wont have to worry about getting burnt again with a dead end OS!
    11-19-10 06:59 PM
    Its always awesome when someone anonymous in a sense post cause then you kind of want to believe them but know you can't really trust them. We've heard of better more trumped up devices especially with the Storm name on it, and have been let down so..... we'll just have to wait and see.
    That's the norm.....whether a leaked OS or a pending, new device.

11-19-10 07:46 PM
    How can people adopt the "OS6 experience" when there is so little of the experience out there for them to adopt? Torch only on AT&T and not a lot selling. Style on Sprint but it isn't touch. You have to give people the opportunity to experience the "experience" if you want feedback! In the meantime, Apple and Android are providing people with a touch screen experience and taking much more of the new customers in this exploding segment. Right now RIM should just release the damn phone on all US carriers with OS6 and state it is QNX ready so people wont have to worry about getting burnt again with a dead end OS!
    Totally agree, I'm always reticent to buy a new device for the exact reason that in a few months something totally new will be out that will make my device obsolete (at least most android phones on the market are able to upgrade to the newest OS and are still well-operating phones).

What I would hope for is VZW/RIM to drop the S3 this January with OS6 and have it QNX ready for April or whenever.
    11-19-10 09:12 PM
    i dont have a pic ...if i did i would ve given it to you guys already lol....the resolution is a high definition screen ..dont know exacts but seems like a better quality of the hd2 by tmobile..(i had that phone with me when i saw the s3 thats why i compare the two)
    What about screen size in relation to? 3.5? 3.7? 4?
    11-20-10 12:56 AM
    The torch is selling extremely well..

11-20-10 07:23 AM
    The s3 I saw looks like a 3.7

11-20-10 07:24 AM
    Didn't the torch just come out? It's amazing that a month or two after a new phone release they're already releasing a replacement. Guess I'm just upset since they canceled the Tour right after I bought it, and it was a new phone.
    11-20-10 08:47 AM
    Nikosg are u seeing a working OS on this phone when you are able to see it? If so, how far away in development do you think the phone is before it would be able to be released?
    I mean from what I understand the QNX OS was first developed for the S3 and not the Playbook. Since we are seeing more leaks of the PB and now RIM is actually giving more units to tester it seems like the PB is pretty close to ready. Therefore I would think the S3 has gotta be pretty close also.

11-20-10 08:49 AM
532 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD