According to Sal we will be seeing info in the next few weeks in terms of leaks and info about the S3. Supposetly they are starting to allow more testers at this time, therefore we can expect more opportunity for a leak I believe he is saying.

The one concern I have now that is that Sal is still willing to jump to the iPhone regardless of the S3 and he knows info about it. Sooo, is the device really not that up to par with what we want or is he just hook on the iPhone on Verizon's network....?
    Yeah man thats what i said last night......If i has a twitter account id ask him because if this storm3 is supposed to be such a beast then why would he switch unless he was just truly a iphone fan? I mean, I could only mean one of two things.

I feel like i have everything riding on this Storm3.....it can't let me down
    11-16-10 04:19 PM
    So that brought me back to this thread and how Nicosg21 referenced some connection between the S3 and the playbook. So I am wondering if the storm can Dock inside the playbook and become a 4G radio.

Engadget ia saying its could be a radio unit or a NFC module.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I actually didn't understand what that meant, meaning module cavity, until you just explained that Engine. So yes, how you are connecting things does sound correct. Nikosg21 also referenced that with the release of the PB, the S3 will come along with that release. So maybe indeed they are going to be marketed together as maybe a powerhouse of portable devices
    11-16-10 04:20 PM
    Or mayb Sal is ballin, and just simply wants both devices????????????????
    11-16-10 04:20 PM
    According to Sal we will be seeing info in the next few weeks in terms of leaks and info about the S3. Supposetly they are starting to allow more testers at this time, therefore we can expect more opportunity for a leak I believe he is saying.

The one concern I have now that is that Sal is still willing to jump to the iPhone regardless of the S3 and he knows info about it. Sooo, is the device really not that up to par with what we want or is he just hook on the iPhone on Verizon's network....?
    Once its hits far enough into carrier testing it will leak. One negative is that the lack of leaks means that it is not in Carrier testing and we know has about a 3 month cycle to test. I think leaks become more prominent in the last 2 months of that cycle as more and mow peple get their hands on the device to test.

Yeah Sal also told a guy he wouldn't want to trade in his Droid X. So it doesn sound like Sal has impressive specs. Probably like nikosg21 was saying. 1 ghz chip. Guess we'll see...

11-16-10 04:23 PM
    Yeah man thats what i said last night......If i has a twitter account id ask him because if this storm3 is supposed to be such a beast then why would he switch unless he was just truly a iphone fan? I mean, I could only mean one of two things.

I feel like i have everything riding on this Storm3.....it can't let me down
    I did see you point that out already Rello wasn't trying to steal your thunder I was just talking about it with Cam this morn and we were both kinda worried about it also. I think you also pointed out that someone on twitter did ask Sal, if he really wasn't impressed and he replied, touche. That's not exactly how the convo went but you get my drift.

It was kinda the best of both worlds last night! Niko had me all hyped up about the device and then Sal kinda brings me back to earth after his twitter posts. Not sure how to feel at this point.
    My feeling is maybe Sal knows a lot, and might not be impressed spec-wise but also hasn't got his hands on the device yet. Really in the end its all about how the device works with the new OS and stuff, so maybe he could change his mind after he plays with it. Or maybe he already has and that's why he feels the way he does. Regardless he said he can't drop info until someone else before him does. So lets just hope that special someone comes forth
    11-16-10 04:28 PM
    I did see you point that out already Rello wasn't trying to steal your thunder I was just talking about it with Cam this morn and we were both kinda worried about it also. I think you also pointed out that someone on twitter did ask Sal, if he really wasn't impressed and he replied, touche. That's not exactly how the convo went but you get my drift.

It was kinda the best of both worlds last night! Niko had me all hyped up about the device and then Sal kinda brings me back to earth after his twitter posts. Not sure how to feel at this point.
    My feeling is maybe Sal knows a lot, and might not be impressed spec-wise but also hasn't got his hands on the device yet. Really in the end its all about how the device works with the new OS and stuff, so maybe he could change his mind after he plays with it. Or maybe he already has and that's why he feels the way he does. Regardless he said he can't drop info until someone else before him does. So lets just hope that special someone comes forth
    lol awww man no harm done.......im just tryin to make sure my crackberry brothers are caught up on all info ha ha ha ha.

Man i've never been more attached to my laptop than i have these last two days. like u said, i was so excited last night, and now i feel like Sal straight doo-doo'd on my dreams. I don't know how to feel.......i don't know if i can feel. Is this.......depression??? lol
    11-16-10 04:37 PM
    I think Basille let some interesting stuff out today. He was speaking at web 2.0 conference and mentioned a module cavity in the playbook. He then referenced tethering a device and made connection motion with his hands. Here is a link:

engadget.com/2010/11/16/jim-balsillie-says-blackberry-playbook-has-a-module-cavity-hi/

Not sure how engadget beats crackberry to blackberry news, but I digress...

I was watching the live feed and the comment came out of left field. So I think it was planned drop. The interviewer was talking about the PB and the video comparing it to apple and when asked if jim had a playbook with him, and could they are it, jim said they'll see it very soon and then was like "I won't tell you what the Module Cavity is for!". I struck me because no one asked him that.

So that brought me back to this thread and how Nicosg21 referenced some connection between the S3 and the playbook. So I am wondering if the storm can Dock inside the playbook and become a 4G radio.

Engadget ia saying its could be a radio unit or a NFC module.

As I posted in another thread, there is a problem with this theory. Why in the world would RIM alienate the users of more popular BBs by making the pb more compatible with a touch screen which many power users can't stand? I don't think that they would make a dock in the pb that would be specific for a storm 3.

11-16-10 04:55 PM
    As I posted in another thread, there is a problem with this theory. Why in the world would RIM alienate the users of more popular BBs by making the pb more compatible with a touch screen which many power users can't stand? I don't think that they would make a dock in the pb that would be specific for a storm 3.

Not to mention that the playbook is pretty thin (just .7mm thicker than the iPhone4).
    I highly doubt it could fit a Storm3 in it.
    My bet is that it will be an ExpressCard port or something.
    11-16-10 05:19 PM
    The specs on the storm 3 are better or at minimal equal to the iPhone 4 so I have no idea wat sal is talking about....just wait rim want to declare war on apple ....they new handsets will be very very impressive

11-16-10 07:21 PM
    The specs on the storm 3 are better or at minimal equal to the iPhone 4 so I have no idea wat sal is talking about....just wait rim want to declare war on apple ....they new handsets will be very very impressive

Thank you for that!

I just hope you are on the level!

11-16-10 07:24 PM
    And yeah graham and hootyhoo, I don't think an S3 will dock inside a playbook. That is odd. I was just listening to Jim talking and reading this thread and having delusions.

It makes more sense that the Storm/PlayBook connection is QNX OS.

11-16-10 07:27 PM

Thanks for providing us so much information. Is there anything more you can share on the bold style touch screen device?
    11-16-10 07:36 PM
    Last update I ve heard is that qnx isn't as close as basille made it sound....good chance s3 might come b4 qnx ...but I want remind people the torch went to testers with os5....believe good news coming...

11-16-10 07:37 PM
    The bold will be a lil smaller than the 9000......bigger than the 9700.. More I learn I ll post...if anything ask a specific question and I ll try to answer.....

11-16-10 07:40 PM
    That could be a deal breaker.

it would take a lot for a storm to keep me. I am probably more likely to go android. I like what I have seen/heard about QNX. Haven't heard a single bad thing in talking to folks who have worked on it. But I would not but a device if the OS is unknown.

I am more likely to come back to BB later on though.

11-16-10 07:44 PM
    Btw bgr is such a *****..i hate that ******* website..that clown rides Apple like a school girl does to Robert Patterson..his reviews suck ..and he must be on apple payroll.

11-16-10 07:48 PM
    Meh, android is too buggy for me, ok...specifics...the bold touch will have an 800 mhz processor? It will have how much app memory and how much media memory? Any idea what the resolution will be on the screen? Will the speakers be like the 9000 or better? Battery life?
    11-16-10 07:50 PM
    All I know is that battery will be similar to torch...nothing more ....and I heard that it's def a minimum 800mhz processor

11-16-10 07:56 PM
    Can you say if Storm 3 is single or multi core? Any idea on screen resolution?

11-16-10 07:57 PM
    It's a high def screen ..and as far I know it's single core..u don't need more than that...

11-16-10 08:03 PM
    It would be my assumption that with all theses new devices the screen res is gonna be upped due to the new OS on the phones?
    BGR has been known to be an Apple fan boy for awhile. It would be nice to have BB come out with a device that he'd be envious of. However, if Sal is a BB Storm fan boy and he's jumping to the iPhone then don't think we'll see BGR going anywhere.

11-16-10 08:06 PM
    Bgr has made such an effort to diss the playbook...he is such a clown..nothing berry can do to make him like it...

11-16-10 08:12 PM
    Do you have any idea if the Bold Touch will come to T-Mobile next year?
    11-16-10 08:49 PM
    I agree about BGR. I still use him as a valid source but he is definitely a hater on RIM. Strange because I think he has a 9700 or 9800. He does have a good point against BB sometimes though.

RIM really needs to step it up with the fluidity of their OS. The Playbook videos show a great concept but it just does not look as polished as the ipad or Samsung tab. There are a few months left till release though and software updates likely to come after release. It definitely shows potential.

The same thing obviously applies towards the S3. If a dual core processor device is struggling with it how will a single core device run?

CX is pretty confident QNX will be on par or better than ios/android/wp7 so I'm waiting to see.

I think we need to wait a little to see some official stuff around Dec/Jan. Then we can really make a good judgement of where RIM is headed with their next gen devices.
    11-16-10 08:54 PM
    Definitely agree with everything you just said, UrbanGlowCam.

Can't wait until Dec/Jan!

Btw... who should I follow on twitter to learn about BB leaks? I'm following crackberry on facebook, but I know that there are others lurking around here who have way more info, faster, like Sal.
    11-16-10 09:10 PM
532 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD