Qnx is developing the new os..not rim...rim will have minimal input in this...they know bb os is no good...qnx developers will integrate everything from enterprise to email clients to bbm in the new software ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    neokuji likes this.
    11-15-10 11:14 PM
    Lol she is happy at least we got engaged sat night lol the shock for her is still there so she temporarily extremely understanding to my berry needs lol..

Congrats Sir'........lol but this is a side relationship she's gonna have to learn to deal with ha ha. lol Get her a BB and she'll understand. thats what i did with my girl. Now she can't put her phone down

Problem is that rim needed a device to keep people on the loop and just letting you know ...attbslashed the prices because they are selling very very well ...red n white torches almost sold out first week in ny...people love the phonev...the torch the bold refresh and the ow deeded storm refresh were supposed to buy rim time to get this right

Well then i hope they do get this right. RIM better hope that QNX is such amazing software that people don't mind coughing up $200 once again even though they just bought a device a year ago
    11-15-10 11:15 PM
    Qnx is developing the new os..not rim...rim will have minimal input in this...they know bb os is no good...qnx developers will integrate everything from enterprise to email clients to bbm in the new software ...

OH this makes me so happy. When RIM bought QNX, i was happy not only that they were getting better software, but i was estatic that they were getting better engineers. Good, let them focus on the software......mayb this will allow RIM to put greater focus elsewhere???
    11-15-10 11:18 PM
    Thanks, I have the recently leaked OS on my desktop, waiting a few weeks for peoples feedback on here before I install it. My first S1 lasted well over a year and I finally had to replace it due to the OS just shutting down on me. I was hoping they would at least give me an S2 without having to sign for an upgrade, but that didn't work.
    So I''ve been very very very patient waiting on this phone and my patients is wearing very thin over here. From what Niko is saying it sounds like this phone will really blow people away. However, until it's actually in my hands kicking *** I'll hold judgement just cause of past experience.
    If RIM really does read these blogs I'd like to tell them. THIS PHONE BETTER BE THE NEXT GOD PHONE AS IN THE ****, AS IN NEXT GEN AWESOME, oh and let's get it right the first time guys!!
    11-15-10 11:19 PM
    I'd like to say congrats also Niko!! And thank you very much for hanging and give up some good info.
    11-15-10 11:22 PM
    Lol she had the storm. she is a berry fan also..I just got her the white torch n she is in love....btw solomandrin just tweeted s3 very close to becoming real....hopefully they moving faster..anyone wishing for a s3 b4 Christmas lol....still doubt it..l

11-15-10 11:23 PM
    Thanks Niko. Sal tweeted about an hour ago that we should see some S3 leaks in a few weeks. Just an FYI.
    11-15-10 11:25 PM
    Btw one more thing is that bb6 will be integrated with qnx os ...every bb6 app will work on the new devices

Gorilla likes this.
    11-15-10 11:26 PM
    Thanks everyone for the Congrads...appreciate it

11-15-10 11:27 PM
    Thanks, I have the recently leaked OS on my desktop, waiting a few weeks for peoples feedback on here before I install it. My first S1 lasted well over a year and I finally had to replace it due to the OS just shutting down on me. I was hoping they would at least give me an S2 without having to sign for an upgrade, but that didn't work.
    So I''ve been very very very patient waiting on this phone and my patients is wearing very thin over here. From what Niko is saying it sounds like this phone will really blow people away. However, until it's actually in my hands kicking *** I'll hold judgement just cause of past experience.
    If RIM really does read these blogs I'd like to tell them. THIS PHONE BETTER BE THE NEXT GOD PHONE AS IN THE ****, AS IN NEXT GEN AWESOME, oh and let's get it right the first time guys!!
    Oh I know your patients is wearing thin...........this is why i wish RIM would just give us a little something but if they really are trying to make this the jesus phone of all BB's then they can do as they please as long as i get it in a timely fashion.

Im still hoping the phone will have the Marvel 628 processor in it though if it is really supposed to be the best BB
    11-15-10 11:36 PM
    Lol she had the storm. she is a berry fan also..I just got her the white torch n she is in love....btw solomandrin just tweeted s3 very close to becoming real....hopefully they moving faster..anyone wishing for a s3 b4 Christmas lol....still doubt it..l

lol well then she should know how it feels. but a storm before christmas....that would make it verizons first LTE device, lol i can't see it happening but i love for it to happen

Btw one more thing is that bb6 will be integrated with qnx os ...every bb6 app will work on the new devices

OHHHHHH REEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! interesting......
    11-15-10 11:44 PM
    If the Storm3 is indeed thinner than the iphone, it better have a removable battery.
    11-15-10 11:45 PM
    If the Storm3 is indeed thinner than the iphone, it better have a removable battery.
    Yo i didn't even think about that man............Good one! It better cause im definitely gonna get a extended battery with this one....since im gonna be using it ALL DAY lol
    11-15-10 11:51 PM
    Sal said in his tweet that he knows some specs, but that he can't tell just yet.................I won't sleep tonight
    11-16-10 12:02 AM
    Oh boy im nervous now.............

In Sal's tweet he told someone he was gone once the iphone came to verizon. Someone else said that "the specs must not be that great if you're going to jump ship"................and he said was "touche".

Im nervous
    11-16-10 12:08 AM
    Thanks everyone for the Congrads...appreciate it

Hey man one last question before you hit the bed, if you already haven't...............

Surepress......................do you know if surepress will still be on the phone in some way shape or form? RIM said it was here to stay awhile ago.....
    11-16-10 12:10 AM
    As a loyal Storm 1 to Storm 2 user from launch, I'm really banking on the Storm 3. Niko, I hope you're being truthful about all this.
    11-16-10 12:15 AM
    Surepress......................do you know if surepress will still be on the phone in some way shape or form? RIM said it was here to stay awhile ago.....
    No way. They said it was here to stay when the plan was to have the Storm 2.5 running OS6. That obviously didn't pan out.
    11-16-10 12:35 AM
    No way. They said it was here to stay when the plan was to have the Storm 2.5 running OS6. That obviously didn't pan out.
    i just feel like im going to miss that feature. it really set the storm series apart from other devices.
    11-16-10 12:48 AM
    im sure those 4 phones will be great devices with qnx, but by then, dual core phones will come out for other platforms. that right there, is enough to draw me away from blackberry. plz dont flame, i love me some BB, but a dual core phone would be too hard to pass up if both a BB and a dual core phone were both priced at $200
    11-16-10 01:23 AM
    No I will wait for the bold touch or the torch refresh I m ok with a qnx faster torch ..lol ...even tho the storm will be much better lol....

Hi Niko, u gave us a lot of info for S3 and torch refresh, any more info about bold touch? also qnx os? how is it work? it got a bigger screen? is it bold 9000 size?

im one of many been waiting 2 years for this phone...many thank and congratz..
    11-16-10 07:09 AM
    Interesting...I am camping until Jan and seeing what VZW announces.

Some initial 4 g devices seem to still be single core. There is the new LG that is a Tegra 2 and the Motorola T2. I think it would almost be odd if the S3 is single core. I say tis because the play book is dual core, and RIM spent a lot of time at Dev Con talking about how well QNX handles the Dual Core platforms.

Hearing that we can expect some leaks soon, that would be good. Would love to see a pic and get some updated specs.
    11-16-10 12:44 PM
    Interesting...I am camping until Jan and seeing what VZW announces.

Some initial 4 g devices seem to still be single core. There is the new LG that is a Tegra 2 and the Motorola T2. I think it would almost be odd if the S3 is single core. I say tis because the play book is dual core, and RIM spent a lot of time at Dev Con talking about how well QNX handles the Dual Core platforms.

Hearing that we can expect some leaks soon, that would be good. Would love to see a pic and get some updated specs.
    Totally agree! Can't wait for any leaks/spec info/pics!

Really hope to see something soon, because I was really loosing hope (especially if we don't get anything before Jan 2011 (meaning a device that is known to be in the making and coming soon)).
    11-16-10 03:58 PM
    I think Basille let some interesting stuff out today. He was speaking at web 2.0 conference and mentioned a module cavity in the playbook. He then referenced tethering a device and made connection motion with his hands. Here is a link:

engadget.com/2010/11/16/jim-balsillie-says-blackberry-playbook-has-a-module-cavity-hi/

Not sure how engadget beats crackberry to blackberry news, but I digress...

I was watching the live feed and the comment came out of left field. So I think it was planned drop. The interviewer was talking about the PB and the video comparing it to apple and when asked if jim had a playbook with him, and could they are it, jim said they'll see it very soon and then was like "I won't tell you what the Module Cavity is for!". I struck me because no one asked him that.

So that brought me back to this thread and how Nicosg21 referenced some connection between the S3 and the playbook. So I am wondering if the storm can Dock inside the playbook and become a 4G radio.

Engadget ia saying its could be a radio unit or a NFC module.

11-16-10 04:14 PM
    According to Sal we will be seeing info in the next few weeks in terms of leaks and info about the S3. Supposetly they are starting to allow more testers at this time, therefore we can expect more opportunity for a leak I believe he is saying.

The one concern I have now that is that Sal is still willing to jump to the iPhone regardless of the S3 and he knows info about it. Sooo, is the device really not that up to par with what we want or is he just hook on the iPhone on Verizon's network....?
    11-16-10 04:14 PM
532 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD