I can confirm all this info.

Expect these around Q2 2011.

I have friends in the right places.

Let's just say rim has gone through extreme lengths to prevent leaks and catch the people leaking. That is why these devices have not been shown anywhere yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What does RIM have to lose by leaking information out to users who are trying to find reasons to stay with them and have upgrades waiting to be used? They could show that stupid Playbook 7 months before it is available to get developers on board to support the platform. What's different about the phones? There is very little excitement in the BB community and I even read many posts now from people who used to defend RIM to the end who are restless and want something good soon.
    neokuji likes this.
    11-15-10 10:16 AM
    I can confirm the Torch refresh as well. I friend who works for a local carrier, is BES/BIS certified etc told me the RIM rep did indeed mention a Torch refresh. Apparently the Torch is some kind of "experiment" for some kind of kick *** line up and the first device in this line up will be reviled in March. Take it as you will but my friend is not the BSing type.
    11-15-10 10:30 AM
    I don't really post here but this is some info I have I wanted to share..take it as you like ....there are 4 new devices in the works as we speak...the storm 3 ...the bold touchscreen ....a torch refresh and a pearl touchscreen flip...all have processors clocked at 800ghz with the exeption of the new storm which will be rims evo and will clock at 1ghz..phone is 4g...that's all

800mhz? only a Storm with 1ghz? meh considering that the all the Driod phones are coming out with at least 1 now and by the time these see the light of day they will probally have 2ghz and almost definitly have dual core phones out. Theyve already started releasing phones with 1.2. Still I guess its better than what were getting now, just hardware refreshes basically if different form factors.

Let's just say rim has gone through extreme lengths to prevent leaks and catch the people leaking. That is why these devices have not been shown anywhere yet.

Why though? With the rate Motorolla and HTC have been releasing Driod devices they may actually want to leak something so BB people at least have some hope somethings coming. Im a current BB user and I have 2 phones on my radar that are supposedly coming Q1 2011, theyre both Driod phones. I havent heard of anything interesting from BB.
    11-15-10 01:03 PM
    800ghz, awesome!
    a 800Mhz porcessor makes you happy??? Im glad it makes you happy pimp, but if they used that on anything besides that Pearl slider that is rumored, then that would be the last straw for me. I REFUSE to wait 6 months for Q2 just for phones with processors that are 200mhz faster than the top of the line BB today.

Personally I do believe that these devices are being worked on, but I do not believe these specs. No disrespect to anyone, but I don't and I say that because CX was the one who said we would see the new Marvel 628 processor in a mobile device by Q2 at the latest. For those of you who don't recall, it has 3 cores: 1 628mhz, and 2 1.5Ghz.

No way that RIM goes that high end in any phone yet simply stays at 800mhz with their other phones. I also believe that if RIM is going dual core on its first QNX device (Playbook), then that should be an indication of whats to come with some of the QNX based handhelds
    11-15-10 02:00 PM
    Why though? With the rate Motorolla and HTC have been releasing Driod devices they may actually want to leak something so BB people at least have some hope somethings coming. Im a current BB user and I have 2 phones on my radar that are supposedly coming Q1 2011, theyre both Driod phones. I havent heard of anything interesting from BB.
    Exactly Why are they still trying to keep this phone from leaking?
    Do they think if they act like Apple does with leaks then that will help the phone sell better? Apple might be very strict with leaks but they have released a mostly upgraded new iPhone every year at the same time. So who cares if it didn't leak, people knew it was coming.
    The way it's looking now we won't see our yearly Storm release this year. Sorry, I don't even remember when the release date of the Storm 1 that I have was.
    It not like we can use Sal's excuse for the release of Verizon's LTE network being the hold up on the phone from leaking or released. Since I believe LTE is due to launch in Dec now. Also we've saw images of the HTC Incredible HD which is LTE, so why can't we see the 4G phone RIMM is gonna release which is most like the S3?

Trying to surprise us with this phone is doing nothing but begative impact right now. Everyone is frustrated with having no concrete info on it. No one is sure when it's going to be released, let alone confirmed, leaked or whatever. So the holidays go by, all the S1&S2 owners are too frustrated and just jump to Android. Now Jan rolls around and they show us the S3 and expect us to be like, "WOW, that's an awesome phone"!! However, by then people are stuck in their one or 2 year contract with their new phone. Now what?? Also, even if they show us the phone in Jan, it could be another Playbook thing, where they say don't worry its coming but we're not sure when
    howarmat likes this.
    11-15-10 02:09 PM
    a 800Mhz porcessor makes you happy??? Im glad it makes you happy pimp, but if they used that on anything besides that Pearl slider that is rumored, then that would be the last straw for me. I REFUSE to wait 6 months for Q2 just for phones with processors that are 200mhz faster than the top of the line BB today.
    1rst of all: he was making a joke about the typo. it said 800 Ghz and not 800 Mhz

2nd of all: you're now on my block list so I don't have to see your whining.
    11-15-10 02:10 PM
    1rst of all: he was making a joke about the typo. it said 800 Ghz and not 800 Mhz

2nd of all: you're now on my block list so I don't have to see your whining.
    thats fine if he was making a joke.............that kinda went over my head lol.......but if u read my reply then you see i didn't come at him crazy or nothin.

Secondly if you wanna block me thats fine man. Do whatever makes u feel good. I ain't here to argue with no one. You're the first one to tell me your blocking me. My life continues. Its just a forum where i voice my opinion and have conversations or friendly debates with people. If u feel im whining though then thats on u.
    Last edited by Rello; 11-15-10 at 02:52 PM.
    11-15-10 02:42 PM
    800ghz, awesome!
    Hey man just wanted to say hope u don't take my previous post that quoted u the wrong way.....never did i mean to disrespect your opinion.........your joke did go over my head but I simply took it as while i respected the possiblilty you might be happy with 800mhz, i wasn't. lol no harm pimp
    11-15-10 02:49 PM
    Exactly Why are they still trying to keep this phone from leaking?
    Do they think if they act like Apple does with leaks then that will help the phone sell better? Apple might be very strict with leaks but they have released a mostly upgraded new iPhone every year at the same time. So who cares if it didn't leak, people knew it was coming.
    The way it's looking now we won't see our yearly Storm release this year. Sorry, I don't even remember when the release date of the Storm 1 that I have was.
    It not like we can use Sal's excuse for the release of Verizon's LTE network being the hold up on the phone from leaking or released. Since I believe LTE is due to launch in Dec now. Also we've saw images of the HTC Incredible HD which is LTE, so why can't we see the 4G phone RIMM is gonna release which is most like the S3?

Trying to surprise us with this phone is doing nothing but begative impact right now. Everyone is frustrated with having no concrete info on it. No one is sure when it's going to be released, let alone confirmed, leaked or whatever. So the holidays go by, all the S1&S2 owners are too frustrated and just jump to Android. Now Jan rolls around and they show us the S3 and expect us to be like, "WOW, that's an awesome phone"!! However, by then people are stuck in their one or 2 year contract with their new phone. Now what?? Also, even if they show us the phone in Jan, it could be another Playbook thing, where they say don't worry its coming but we're not sure when
    The problem is that if they do go "through extreme lengths to prevent leaks and catch the people leaking. That is why these devices have not been shown anywhere yet."

as has been said, but the time anyone sees these devices Ill have a Andriod phone in my hand. Probally a dual core and LTE one at that. Along with probally more than a few other BB users too that dont feel like waiting anymore. Dont get me wrong I really like my Bold, but Android cannot be denied any longer. Also even with os6, web browsing still isnt as good as it is on a Driod phone, There are more free apps and the customizibility is second to none.
    Last edited by loki993; 11-15-10 at 02:58 PM.
    11-15-10 02:54 PM

Personally I do believe that these devices are being worked on, but I do not believe these specs. No disrespect to anyone, but I don't and I say that because CX was the one who said we would see the new Marvel 628 processor in a mobile device by Q2 at the latest. For those of you who don't recall, it has 3 cores: 1 628mhz, and 2 1.5Ghz.

No way that RIM goes that high end in any phone yet simply stays at 800mhz with their other phones. I also believe that if RIM is going dual core on its first QNX device (Playbook), then that should be an indication of whats to come with some of the QNX based handhelds
    I agree RIM should up the specs of their devices but lets be realistic here. The 9700 runs pretty smoothly with a 624Mhz processor so whats the point to a 1.2Ghz processor in a BlackBerry? I think 800Mhz is the right amount of power to run OS6 on. They need to added more damn memory to the devices IMHO
    11-15-10 02:56 PM
    I agree RIM should up the specs of their devices but lets be realistic here. The 9700 runs pretty smoothly with a 624Mhz processor so whats the point to a 1.2Ghz processor in a BlackBerry? I think 800Mhz is the right amount of power to run OS6 on. They need to added more damn memory to the devices IMHO
    Im sorry man........lol i guess i should've been a lil more specific and said im not really looking to purchase anything with OS6 so my comment was focused more towards QNX devices

Definitely agree with you that 800mhz should definitely be enough to power an OS6 device, or any current BB for that matter, and more memory is definitely needed.

My only worry though would be, if these devices will eventually get the QNX, will 800 mhz be enough to run it? I mean we don;t know how much memory these future 4 devices will have, but with such advanced multitasking the QNX OS seems to have, im just curious. Theres just so many unanswered questions haha
    11-15-10 03:18 PM
    Why 3 cores and one core running at 628mhz? I dont understand that.

Yeah really. What are the new Android devices coming with now? 2gigs+ I think. I dont know how much of that the OS actually uses though.
    11-15-10 03:21 PM
    This would be awesome, I wonder if they'll maintain the same look and feel or whether they'll be from a new design family? Any word or speculation?

11-15-10 03:24 PM
    Why 3 cores and one core running at 628mhz? I dont understand that.

Yeah really. What are the new Android devices coming with now? 2gigs+ I think. I dont know how much of that the OS actually uses though.
    Marvell Armada 628 -- Engadget

The processor uses the 628 core for routine tasks, thus being very efficient on battery life. It only taps into the other 2 1.5ghz cores if it needs too. Simply put.....this chip is awesome lol.

CX also said that because of RIM and Marvel's close relationship, it would be a safe bet to say we'll see it inside a BB
    neokuji likes this.
    11-15-10 03:32 PM
    This would be awesome, I wonder if they'll maintain the same look and feel or whether they'll be from a new design family? Any word or speculation?

IMHO, I wouldn't expect BB's with a different look until the QNX based phones come out
    11-15-10 03:35 PM
    Im sorry man........lol i guess i should've been a lil more specific and said im not really looking to purchase anything with OS6 so my comment was focused more towards QNX devices

Definitely agree with you that 800mhz should definitely be enough to power an OS6 device, or any current BB for that matter, and more memory is definitely needed.

My only worry though would be, if these devices will eventually get the QNX, will 800 mhz be enough to run it? I mean we don;t know how much memory these future 4 devices will have, but with such advanced multitasking the QNX OS seems to have, im just curious. Theres just so many unanswered questions haha
    Looking at RIMs history...........No. Lol
    11-15-10 03:38 PM
    Marvell Armada 628 -- Engadget

The processor uses the 628 core for routine tasks, thus being very efficient on battery life. It only taps into the other 2 1.5ghz cores if it needs too. Simply put.....this chip is awesome lol.

CX also said that because of RIM and Marvel's close relationship, it would be a safe bet to say we'll see it inside a BB
    I see. The only thing is, With the processor I have in my Bold currently I dont get fantastic battery life. Hopefully the new OS is a model of efficiency.
    11-15-10 03:44 PM
    Looking at RIMs history...........No. Lol
    hahahaha.....exactly.

Thats why I seriously don't believe some of these specs that if these devices are supposedly going to eventually get the ONX OS on it thats they're only going to have 800 mhz processors.

Playbook has dual 1ghz processors, and the marvel 628 has 3 cores (which i would bet my soul and my mothers life...but dont tell her lol) that its going into a QNX powered device, then a simply 800 mhz processor just doesn't seem to fit into the equation when involving QNX.

Am I missing something???
    11-15-10 03:54 PM
    I see. The only thing is, With the processor I have in my Bold currently I dont get fantastic battery life. Hopefully the new OS is a model of efficiency.
    Well don't quote me but I know ive read on these forums that will possibly be better on the OS because there might be less memory leaks, and there is more controll over the code that goes into the OS, thus improving battery life.

Plus Im assuming this is much better technology in this chip than in the chip in the 9650.

"The 628 is capable of 1080p 3D video and graphics (meaning it can sustain two simultaneous 1080p streams, one for each eye) and pledges to have an "ultra" low power profile: more than 10 hours of 1080p video or 140 hours of music playback are on offer." - from the engadget link i gave u.

10 hours of 1080p video shows how little this chip consumes in power. Again im not an expert in this stuff but this chip is pretty much as high end as you can get
    11-15-10 04:07 PM
    "The 628 is capable of 1080p 3D video and graphics (meaning it can sustain two simultaneous 1080p streams, one for each eye) and pledges to have an "ultra" low power profile: more than 10 hours of 1080p video or 140 hours of music playback are on offer." - from the engadget link i gave u.

10 hours of 1080p video shows how little this chip consumes in power. Again im not an expert in this stuff but this chip is pretty much as high end as you can get
    This would be the slam dunk RIM needs. I think all the Crackberry heads on here would love to have RIM offer a device of this caliber. But history has shown that rumors, like the one that started this thread, only lead to disappointment.

I think the reason we have not seen any leaks recently is because it was all hands on deck for the playbook. There is no way RIM has 4 new devices ready for Q1 with QNX.

For pete's sake, gimme a S3 with a kick-arse browser, and I would be happy.
    11-15-10 06:17 PM
    I hope you're right.
    Same here.
    OMg, this type posting should be banned for giving everyone false hopes. Don't believe the hype!!!!!
    We'll just have to wait and see. If it is true, we will see a post from the members that will confirm.
    11-15-10 06:25 PM
    Sorry everyone I was in Vegas for the weekend ....rims biggest issue is battery life ....main designs are completed the wait is the qnx software .....the storm 3 is completed ...phone is ready ...problem is that they don't want to release it with bb6 ....that why the 9570 was made..but they realized that the negative would be greater that good on a bridge gap device... These devices will come 2012.....even if qnx isn't ready... Btw the torch refresh will be an incredible phone..

11-15-10 06:26 PM
    This would be the slam dunk RIM needs. I think all the Crackberry heads on here would love to have RIM offer a device of this caliber. But history has shown that rumors, like the one that started this thread, only lead to disappointment.

I think the reason we have not seen any leaks recently is because it was all hands on deck for the playbook. There is no way RIM has 4 new devices ready for Q1 with QNX.

For pete's sake, gimme a S3 with a kick-arse browser, and I would be happy.
    lol thank you..........this what ive been saying all along. I see RIM's strategy behind the entry level devices..i really do. Just give me my one game changer and im good ha ha.

Its coming though. If CX is to be believed...and you know he is........then it'll be here by Q2 at the latest of next year
    11-15-10 07:03 PM
    Sorry everyone I was in Vegas for the weekend ....rims biggest issue is battery life ....main designs are completed the wait is the qnx software .....the storm 3 is completed ...phone is ready ...problem is that they don't want to release it with bb6 ....that why the 9570 was made..but they realized that the negative would be greater that good on a bridge gap device... These devices will come 2012.....even if qnx isn't ready... Btw the torch refresh will be an incredible phone..

hey man i really wanna thank u for sharing this info, but im not sure if im following u on a couple things

When you say battery life is their biggest issue.....are you sayin that they are simply putting a big focus on battery life, or are they having issues in getting the battery life up to par on these new devices???

secondly....in your original post, I guess I read it as these devices were coming in 2011.....now your saying they're coming in 2012???
    howarmat and neokuji like this.
    11-15-10 07:13 PM
    hey man i really wanna thank u for sharing this info, but im not sure if im following u on a couple things

When you say battery life is their biggest issue.....are you sayin that they are simply putting a big focus on battery life, or are they having issues in getting the battery life up to par on these new devices???

secondly....in your original post, I guess I read it as these devices were coming in 2011.....now your saying they're coming in 2012???
    I second that, on your questions Rello. Also if the S3 is ready is it possible we will see it by the end of the year?
    11-15-10 08:07 PM
532 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD