I don't really post here but this is some info I have I wanted to share..take it as you like ....there are 4 new devices in the works as we speak...the storm 3 ...the bold touchscreen ....a torch refresh and a pearl touchscreen flip...all have processors clocked at 800ghz with the exeption of the new storm which will be rims evo and will clock at 1ghz..phone is 4g...that's all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nikosg21; 11-12-10 at 07:52 PM.
    Gucci33 likes this.
    11-12-10 07:45 PM
    And where are you getting this info from? Do you have a timeframe for any of these devices?
    11-12-10 07:57 PM
    Look I can't say how I know...most of design n hardware is completed but they waiting on qnx to be ready..and it's not a year away ...this year it will be a good one for rim

11-12-10 08:04 PM
    Except there is only 1.5 months left in this year. Do you mean next year is gonna be a good one because that is what I have been hearing for 2 years now. Gonna have to come off with a little more than "I can't say how" for me to be suckered in again. Still have a bitter taste left when the bold touch didn't quite make it out last year!
    neokuji likes this.
    11-12-10 08:10 PM
    Yeah, I mean give us a lil more then trust me I know. I'm assuming you mean next year as in 2011 is gonna be a good year? Can you say if we will see one of these device soon, and how soon?
    Actually instead, answer this, will we see one of these device at the same time as the Playbook or will one of them be ready before the PB is released?
    11-12-10 08:16 PM
    I hope you're right.

11-12-10 08:22 PM
    I wonder how many people make stuff up that they have info just to see how many others will read and post replies!!!!! I just wish the Bulls**T would stop and the real facts would surface with physical proof. PS SORRY NIKOSG21 not that I doubt your word but with out real proof I wil take this with a couple grains of salt!
    howarmat and neokuji like this.
    11-12-10 09:13 PM
    I can confirm all this info.

Expect these around Q2 2011.

I have friends in the right places.

Let's just say rim has gone through extreme lengths to prevent leaks and catch the people leaking. That is why these devices have not been shown anywhere yet.

11-12-10 09:38 PM
    They don't have Marvell, correct?

That is my hypothesis, considering the limitations of the XScale as opposed to the Cortex A8/A9-based processors.
    11-12-10 10:18 PM
    I don't really post here but this is some info I have I wanted to share..take it as you like ....there are 4 new devices in the works as we speak...the storm 3 ...the bold touchscreen ....a torch refresh and a pearl touchscreen flip...all have processors clocked at 800ghz with the exeption of the new storm which will be rims evo and will clock at 1ghz..phone is 4g...that's all

The other three make sense, But I'm afraid I don't understand the touchscreen Pearl Flip.
    It would be difficult to use the touchscreen on a flip device, unless the touchscreen is on the outside. In that case, having to flip open the device wouldn't make sense. unless it's like a LG Keybo, where the outside display is simplified but the inside is the full deal. Even then, I'm afraid I have to see the device to understand it's logic.

Unless the screen rotates, like this:

So the main screen can be rotate out for touchscreen use, and rotated in for typing.
    Last edited by grahamf; 11-12-10 at 11:22 PM.
    11-12-10 11:18 PM
    I'm new to BB and new to 9780. I love the bold form factor, however, I'm not going to get a touch bold unless it's QNX powered. If it's a touch bold with a non-QNX OS on it, I'll just wait till they release the bold with built-in QNX system.
    11-13-10 06:19 AM
    I can confirm all this info.

Expect these around Q2 2011.

I have friends in the right places.

Let's just say rim has gone through extreme lengths to prevent leaks and catch the people leaking. That is why these devices have not been shown anywhere yet.
    This would be very nice. The best possible world would be to give users a choice of OSs but I doubt that will happen.

We have long known that the RIM OS was a very complex and sophistcated product designed and suited to er, well, suits, I suppose.

A consumer OS needs a lot more customizartion but a lot less complexity. RIM should be very well placed to write an OS that may challenge eve Windows Mobile 7 (yup, I think that this will be the one to beat technically).

I really hope you are right.
    11-13-10 06:38 AM
    I wonder how many people make stuff up that they have info just to see how many others will read and post replies!!!!! I just wish the Bulls**T would stop and the real facts would surface with physical proof. PS SORRY NIKOSG21 not that I doubt your word but with out real proof I wil take this with a couple grains of salt!
    Open forums. That's the breaks.

ElSteve9 likes this.
    11-13-10 08:44 AM
    I'm really insterested in this "torch refresh." I've been thinking about getting the torch, but my upgrade on att isn't until this coming april. But if there's going to these new devices anytime soon, I might just have to wait. Hm..

11-14-10 07:56 PM
    OMg, this type posting should be banned for giving everyone false hopes. Don't believe the hype!!!!!
    11-14-10 08:02 PM
    EXACTLY! Too much BS and not enough facts...if RIM cared about us, they would share some "good news" for a change!
    11-14-10 08:31 PM
    I hope this is all true. I'll be due to either move back to VZW or upgrade on AT&T (eh) at the end of Q2 2011. I'm hoping a new QNX BB is out by then.
    11-14-10 10:08 PM
    Does any body have any info on QNX
    11-14-10 10:22 PM
    What dates are Q2? I read somewhere that it is between Jan-Mar. Is that true? I really hope RIM doesn't have VZW waiting for a new BB all the way until after April... that would really just be bad news (I don't think most people will S2s will wait that long... unless they are the type of people who don't have any applications on their BB and are okay with an outdated and sluggish OS...)

this news sounds promising, and I personally can't wait for either an OS6 touch device, or this QNX touch device, I just hope it comes soon! My S2 is just about failing me right now (hardware and software...)
    11-14-10 10:59 PM
    This is exactly the kind of information 'er ... gossip until proof can be given ... that people like myself now IMpatiently awaiting the phone they want ... DON'T NEED. I am soooooooo sick of the crap, speculation, rumors etc that I could scream.

First it was October that VZW would get new phones. Whatever they may have gotten wasn't what I want. Now I'm waiting November out with all the Black Friday rumbles. I have little to no faith I will see what I want then either because there are still rumors that what I want won't be until late 2010 or on into 2n'd Q of 2011.

I wish if people don't have proof to print to back up what they post that they'd keep their information to themselves. What purpose did it serve for the OP to provide this information without proof? None whatsoever in my opinion. Grow up - you're not a kid practicing "I can keep a secret."
    11-15-10 12:20 AM
    if you think about the leaked photo from indonesia of the storm 3 type of phone, there is no view of the OS only the hardware....
    11-15-10 06:21 AM
    Hey guys, I can't say how I know but take it how it is. I'm awesome!!!!
    11-15-10 06:45 AM
    Does any body have any info on QNX
    I typed " qnx ' into Goolge. The first entry was QNX Realtime Operating System (RTOS) software, middleware, development tools and services for superior embedded design
    11-15-10 06:49 AM
    What dates are Q2? I read somewhere that it is between Jan-Mar. Is that true? I really hope RIM doesn't have VZW waiting for a new BB all the way until after April... that would really just be bad news (I don't think most people will S2s will wait that long... unless they are the type of people who don't have any applications on their BB and are okay with an outdated and sluggish OS...)

this news sounds promising, and I personally can't wait for either an OS6 touch device, or this QNX touch device, I just hope it comes soon! My S2 is just about failing me right now (hardware and software...)
    That would be April, May, June.
    11-15-10 09:32 AM

800ghz, awesome!
    11-15-10 09:56 AM
532 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD