I have a 3 mb update to the 2.1 beta this morning. Anyone else? I didn't delete anything and it wasn't there yesterday.
    08-02-12 08:06 AM
    I have just received an update from the beta to an OS with the same number.
    08-02-12 08:08 AM
    Same here, didn't notice anything new though, so maybe just minor fixes.
    08-02-12 08:15 AM
    I've noticed nothing different. Perhaps just security patches or maybe updating the Bridge function?
    08-02-12 09:02 AM
    Got the update as well. Still having issues with flash on websites. So, not sure what the download was.

I would be very odd for any software company to release an update without incrementing the build version. The download may be something else.
    08-02-12 09:14 AM
    Keep in mind 2.1 is still beta so a change in build number may not be necessary. It would be nice to have a list of changes or fix list.
    08-02-12 10:19 AM
    Got the update as well. Still having issues with flash on websites. So, not sure what the download was.

I would be very odd for any software company to release an update without incrementing the build version. The download may be something else.
    I had the flash issue too and after some Googling I found you should do a full backup, perform a security wipe, then update back to the 2.1 beta via Desktop Manager. I actually had to do ANOTHER wipe after this and reload the beta OS because it kept thinking it was on OS 1.0.

READ THIS: Playbook 2.1.0 Beta Released - Post Findings Here - Page 4 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

You have to be ready to sign up for the beta again online to get your playbook to see it.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    08-02-12 10:27 AM
    What were the build ID and Flash Player version prior to the upgrade? My Build ID is currently 229027 and Flash Player is 11.1.121.34. I'm wondering if either of these has changed with this update.
    08-02-12 11:33 AM
    Some observations:

Browser speed has improved drastically.
    Keyboard performance with predictive text and spelling correction enabled has improved a lot, it used to be so laggy, especially backspacing
    Wifi connection seems more stable, this is the most subjective measure in my mind, the first two are pretty concrete to me
    08-02-12 02:19 PM
    I feel like, people just say the browser is faster...when it really hasn't changed (yes 1.7 to 2.0 and 2.0 to 2.1) but not an upgrade like this
    08-02-12 02:39 PM
    Some observations:

Keyboard performance with predictive text and spelling correction enabled has improved a lot, it used to be so laggy, especially backspacing

Wifi connection seems more stable, this is the most subjective measure in my mind, the first two are pretty concrete to me

yes pages seems to load faster. i did not see more improvements but i did not have time to do more tests either.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    08-02-12 03:20 PM
    The browser's always faster for a while, after a reboot... Is this a case of correlation vs causation?
    08-02-12 03:24 PM
    I noticed some tweaking in the app world
    08-02-12 04:14 PM
    I'm now able to access a banking site that I was unable to access before. I've tried on dolphin and simple browser. They all work now. That is a correction i've definitely noticed. Typing seems faster so far. It's a painless upgrade. 5 minutes or so
    08-02-12 06:26 PM
    It's an update for Wifi, faster connection. Fixes the Wifi bug in the initial beta release.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    Jsolts likes this.
    08-02-12 06:55 PM
    I'm now able to access a banking site that I was unable to access before. I've tried on dolphin and simple browser. They all work now. That is a correction i've definitely noticed. Typing seems faster so far. It's a painless upgrade. 5 minutes or so
    Bug fixes and changed in code can be as low as a few bytes. It's just text in a sense.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-12 07:00 PM
    The browser's always faster for a while, after a reboot... Is this a case of correlation vs causation?
    I don't feel it is. I have tried multiple reboots and hard resets on all 4 of our PBs before this update.

Pages definitely load faster after the update. And I don't have phantom taps anymore where the blue bar goes 1/3 and vanishes and the browser doesn't navigate/failure receiving data from peer.

Most likely the wifi fixes are behind this.

The keyboard performance is another definite. I had disabled all the features because it was excruciatingly slow before.
    08-02-12 07:35 PM
    I have just received an update from the beta to an OS with the same number.
    Click to view quoted image

Why is your file size more than 3mb? Received any extra goodies?

EDIT: Are you installing the OS 2.1 beta for the first time?
    08-02-12 10:07 PM
    I already had the 2.1 beta and I only got the 3mb update.....

No real noticable difference so far - but maybe that's because there was already a pick up in performance on upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1beta??
    08-03-12 04:22 AM
    I haven't noticed any changes.
    08-03-12 07:11 AM
    Well the browser definitely loads quicker now.
    And my bridge works again, randomly stopped working 2weeks after the the 2.1 update.

Now it works again and I can surf the net while waiting to have my broken ankle casted!
    08-03-12 08:43 AM
    I haven't noticed any changes. However, I wasn't experiencing any buggy behavior before the update on 2.1 beta.
    08-03-12 09:31 PM
    It might be my brain playing games on me, but browser and keyboard definitely seem to be Alot more responsive. I've been on the playbook for about an hour now and yet to see the keyboard lag while typing or pressing back space.
    08-03-12 10:36 PM
    Some observations:

I would agree with this. Browser speed is better; drastically may be too strong a term. The WiFi for me is also much better; no subjectivity; for me it is much better! Very stable and more bars.
    Keyboard comes up nearly instantaneously and I have turned the functions back on!

Very happy with the update! (Bring on the full 2.1; need SMS on my PB and I want to use the new print to go!
    08-07-12 02:57 PM
    I got the 3 MB update to my 2.1 beta as well.

the browser and keyboard do seem more responsive. However I am not receiving any mail notifications anymore. I have to open the native mail app to see if there are messages.

Also battery drain in standby, without even touching the unit is at about 7-10%. Tried a few reboots and same issue.
    08-07-12 03:06 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD