SOLVED,

I need some help, getting two new pb's tomorrow. Wifi from sprint but no contract, no cell service. My first concern is making sure I have latest, official os and don't want to root. Will I have to go through sprint for os updates even though I have no service with them.

I have loaded beta OS's on my 9700, is it similar to do on pb?

Edit 1: Started the PB, connected on my home wifi, now I'm uncertain about BB ID? It's asking me about blackberry ID, I have a BB email address already through my Tmobile / 9700 service, I use it to enter BB App Store, I tried entering that for my BB ID but it says it isn't valid.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 11-29-11 at 06:15 PM.
    11-29-11 05:39 PM
    When you initially setup the Playbook you'll need a wifi connection and it will ask you to update the OS. It's incredibly easy to do. The Playbook doesn't need to be plugged into the computer or anything like your Blackberry phone would. Pretty sure the battery has to be above a 20% charge though so just make sure it's plugged in during the initial setup.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-29-11 05:55 PM
    When you initially setup the Playbook you'll need a wifi connection and it will ask you to update the OS. It's incredibly easy to do. The Playbook doesn't need to be plugged into the computer or anything like your Blackberry phone would. Pretty sure the battery has to be above a 20% charge though so just make sure it's plugged in during the initial setup.
    One PB arrived today and I've charged for 2 hours, already connected to my home wifi.

It's asking me about blackberry ID, I have a BB email address already but it is through my Tmobile / 9700 service, I tried entering that for my BB ID but it says it isn't valid.
    11-29-11 06:00 PM
    What do you use to get into App World? Do that....
    anon(55900) and peter9477 like this.
    11-29-11 06:07 PM
    What do you use to get into App World? Do that....
    I have used my Tmobile/BB email to get into BB AppWorld, [email protected],,,,

oops! Its .net not .com! Just went through and it is downloading update as you said! Thanks!!
    11-29-11 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD