Hey folks!

I searched for this answer, but couldn't find it, so I hope I am not duplicating another thread.

I picked up a second Playbook yesterday I got off Kijiji. Just a 16GB as a backup. It was factory reset, made me go through the updates to 2.01.

I then went to Whitelist the PIN as I had done with my 64GB to get the 2.1 Beta from:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/register/

I entered the new Playbooks PIN, and I get the green checkmark. And I click
    "I have read and agree to the license above." and again get the green checkmark. BUT, no software update. I have entered my PIN now about 6 times. Chekced "Sofware Updates" and still nothing, and it has been well over 24 hours.

I figured maybe a reboot of the Playbook...Notta, then disconnect from Wifi and reconnect...Notta.

Anyone have any advice, or know if there is something going on that is preventing me from getting the 2.1 Beta?

Thanks in advance.
    07-21-12 04:45 AM
    The Beta is no longer available.
    07-21-12 05:03 AM
    Hmm, that's interesting. Make sure you have the right serial. They had issues when the update was first released with certain serials, but it's all been resolved
    07-21-12 05:03 AM
    Are you sure coverk? It was there when I last checked a couple weeks ago. RIM never pulls down updates before.
    07-21-12 05:07 AM
    The Beta is no longer available.
    One would think if the Beta was no longer available that they would pull down the Whitelist page or at least put a notice up stating so. It's all still there, and giving green check marks across the board when entering PIN.
    07-21-12 05:21 AM
    I have tried many times but not getting beta update on my PB.
    07-21-12 08:10 AM
    I have had the beta on mine... Just wiped earlier this week back to 2.0...... have not been able to get 2.1. since! tried my wifes as well, who has never had 2.1... I would say they have removed it... or are having issues !!
    07-21-12 01:01 PM
    Here's another thread related to your topic. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/index3.html?
    07-21-12 02:14 PM
    This is a huge off. I have even posted on the Dev forum and lots of views, no replies. If it's down, you'd think they would bloody well mention that on the page which is still 100% active!
    07-21-12 02:14 PM
    Give RIM until Tuesday, server probably went offline or something.

It was "removed" for a period last week. Several people were hoping that was a sign that a new 2.1 beta was coming or that RIM was ready to officially launch 2.1. Then it started working again. Maybe this time it is the sign that something BIG is coming?
    07-21-12 04:29 PM
    can't re-register pb for beta os,and my pb is DEAD
    07-21-12 08:26 PM
    Sue RIM ...?
    07-21-12 08:49 PM
    Sue RIM...?
    07-21-12 08:49 PM
    What does not being able to register for the beta have to do with your pb being dead?
    07-22-12 04:06 AM
    If anyone needs the Dev Beta:

It seems to be still available here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/betas/register

This version of OS 2.1.0.560 does not contain end user features such as: email, calendar contacts, video store, etc.
    07-24-12 06:54 AM
    07-24-12 02:08 PM
    If anyone needs the Dev Beta:

It seems to be still available here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/betas/register

This version of OS 2.1.0.560 does not contain end user features such as: email, calendar contacts, video store, etc.
    Umm. mine does? I have contacts, calendar, and email (messages)... I don't know where you got yours at but I absolutely have those 3 things on 2.1.0.560
    07-25-12 02:38 AM
    Umm. mine does? I have contacts, calendar, and email (messages)... I don't know where you got yours at but I absolutely have those 3 things on 2.1.0.560
    You are correct, I was basing my info off a post from the Dev Site itself, and that's what it said. I just upgraded and yes, all is there. Not sure what buddy was talking about.
    07-25-12 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD