Ok, so we know what they've told us:
    BlackBerry PlayBook 2.1.0 Beta for Developers Launches �BlackBerry Developer Blog

• WebKit improvements to browser
    • Each Android app will now run in its own window. This greatly improves the user experience and consistency among the other application runtimes.
    • Access to the Camera hardware is now supported for Android apps, allowing many more application types to work on the BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet.
    • In-App Payment is now supported through the BlackBerry Payment SDK, so Android applications can include virtual items for sale in their applications.
    • Full device encryption is now supported
    • screenshots are now saved in lossless PNG format
    • Portrait support for Email, Calendar and Contacts
    • Improved folder support including IMAP folder support

surely there's more... post your other findings, bugs, etc. here.

... feeling a little rock and roll going on...

DO NOT POST CRAP ABOUT DOWNLOADING NOW! KEEP THIS THREAD AS CLEAN AS CAN BE WITH FINDINGS AND SUCH. THANKS!
    05-31-12 04:01 PM
    First Finding :

Registration Page says Download may take few minutes upto an hour, but its over an hour but no download on Playbook...
    genericscissors2 and yanicmb like this.
    05-31-12 04:17 PM
    First Finding :

Registration Page says Download may take few minutes upto an hour, but its over an hour but no download on Playbook...
    Same. As far as I can tell, no one is downloading it yet.
    05-31-12 04:21 PM
    PLEASE do not post anything about downloading (or lack thereof) here. It is REALLY Frustrating to come looking for people's experiences with the platform and have to scroll through tens of pages of "downloading now!" crap. I really couldn't care a less about when Frank in Timbucktu is starting their download. From past experiences 90% of the people who register today will download it within a couple of bours. If you want to post about hour download experience find another thread. Thanks in advance.
    05-31-12 04:26 PM
    I think what they are trying to point out is that in previous cases, the update is shown almost instantly, but this time people have been waiting for hours without any prevail.
    smartbuddy likes this.
    05-31-12 04:51 PM
    I would like to know if the android sideloaded Skype app has access to the camera and works for video chat.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    primusd likes this.
    05-31-12 05:25 PM
    I would like to know if the android sideloaded Skype app has access to the camera and works for video chat.

I'm fairly sure you're not the only one pondering that.
    05-31-12 05:32 PM
    The camera will work, but you have to remember that if microphone doesn't work, you'll just still be staring at each other...
    05-31-12 05:33 PM
    The camera will work, but you have to remember that if microphone doesn't work, you'll just still be staring at each other...
    Sometimes, all you need is the staring...
    05-31-12 05:37 PM
    Microphone already worked in Android apps.
    05-31-12 05:39 PM
    Does the Microphone work in Android apps? Why wouldn't voice calls work in Skype then?
    05-31-12 05:42 PM
    Hate to disappoint you, but this update probably won't bring Skype to the Playbook. Sideloaded Android Skype at least.

Skype on Android uses native libraries (namely libvideohost_skype.so and libpcmhost_skype.so) which provide audio and video calling support. Playbook's Android virtual machine, however, does not support native libraries yet. This is the reason why audio calling did not work in 2.0 even with microphone access available in the Android Emulator.
    bbfan1040 and snarlybear like this.
    05-31-12 05:55 PM
    findings plural of find�ing (Noun)
    Noun:
    The action of finding someone or something: "the finding of numerous dead rats".
    A conclusion reached as a result of an inquiry, investigation, or trial.
    05-31-12 05:58 PM
    Just an FYI, you may want to re-register for the Dev Beta. Some internal issues were recently resolved and all should be better now. So if the download hasn't appeared for you yet, get going.
    05-31-12 05:59 PM
    Skype doesn't even start in the 2.0.1.358
    So, where you got microphone working is beyond me.
    RamR likes this.
    05-31-12 06:01 PM
    Re-register. I just read this elsewhere. I re-registered and the download started immediately.
    05-31-12 06:02 PM
    I rebooted the playbook, re-registered from the playbook. The download was available immediately.
    05-31-12 06:06 PM
    Hate to disappoint you, but this update probably won't bring Skype to the Playbook. Sideloaded Android Skype at least.

Sigh...

05-31-12 06:12 PM
    Enable reader mode on browser
    05-31-12 06:36 PM
    Skype doesn't even start in the 2.0.1.358
    So, where you got microphone working is beyond me.
    I think they are referring to a different application.

So far: Browser, definitely faster. XDA loads a little smoother
    05-31-12 06:38 PM
    again, any news on vpn support for Cisco AnyConnect

thanks.
    05-31-12 06:58 PM
    I can confirm that multiple android apps can run simultaneously. I ran four at once with no problems. Maybe this will cure the frozen android player problem. Also, there was no need to reinstall android apps (didn't we have to with previous updates?)
    05-31-12 07:06 PM
    Browser seems to load pages faster.
    grover5 and darktoy like this.
    05-31-12 07:16 PM
    Shazam, the one android app that I knew could access th PB microphone, does not seem to work now (it did before).
    05-31-12 07:21 PM
    Browser seems a little faster. Still checkerboards if scrolling before the page loads. Haven't noticed much more so far beyond what others have reported.

Edit: email seems to respond faster along with the keyboard so far.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-31-12 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Add
    05-31-12 07:57 PM
368 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD