Any news if it"ll be released today? I feel exhausted from all the page refreshing I did yesterday waiting for it :P
    05-30-12 12:08 PM
    It would be nicew to get a "not today" so people ca resume their normal routine
    digitalman101 likes this.
    05-30-12 12:11 PM
    Maybe you made it clear but the OP did not. I can see where one would think it would be a released update. Especially since we all are expecting one of the so called frequent updates they talked about. It's been a month.
    The OP just stated that he found traces of a new update on RIM's update servers. He did not know any more than that, so couldn't provide more info than that. At the time this thread was started, there wasn't any official word on the beta I don't think.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-30-12 12:41 PM
    "Michael Clewley‏@MichaelClewley

@Brian_Enders @CrackBerry haha!! Do you know how to use the three shells?"

here is how:
    I-Mockery.com - How To Use The Three Seashells! The Three Seashells Project! Demolition Man!
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-30-12 03:37 PM
    so this new OS is being released to developers only right ? Those who've signed up to be a beta tester...which means only people in the US will be getting this ?

I suppose it wouldnt make sense to ask, what kinda time frame it may take to have it released to the masses ?
    05-31-12 05:17 AM
    Any news if it"ll be released today? I feel exhausted from all the page refreshing I did yesterday waiting for it :P
    Dude, you and others like yourself here really need to drop the electronics and go to the park for a breather. I personally find it a bit pathetic. Relax. But that's my opinion and nothing more.
    05-31-12 05:34 AM
    It's a BETA, that usually means not ready for prime time and has bugs in it.
    05-31-12 06:10 AM
    its going to be available to all
    05-31-12 06:11 AM
    Just a note to anyone who doesn't know, the update were all anticipating is a BETA which means you should expect and report bugs, or issues to the development team so they can fix it before full release.

If you are expecting a fully featured, bug-free OS you are likely to be disappointed,.

That's been my experience on many BETA releases I've been involved in over the years across all vendors and across numerous industries.
    05-31-12 06:25 AM
    Just a note to anyone who doesn't know, the update were all anticipating is a BETA which means you should expect and report bugs, or issues to the development team so they can fix it before full release.

If you are expecting a fully featured, bug-free OS you are likely to be disappointed,.

That's been my experience on many BETA releases I've been involved in over the years across all vendors and across numerous industries.

in that case no one will disappointed as the OS everyone is using now 2.0.1 isnt fully featured and bug free is it......LMAO XD
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    05-31-12 06:29 AM
    Blaze confirmed that we are past this build
    05-31-12 07:03 AM
    Clewley tweets "... the wait is almost over..."
    Last edited by smallbiz; 05-31-12 at 10:39 AM.
    05-31-12 10:30 AM
    Yeah but he seems stressed. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much though
    05-31-12 10:57 AM
    ANYONE can sign up and download it. ANYONE!
    05-31-12 11:04 AM
    so this new OS is being released to developers only right ? Those who've signed up to be a beta tester...which means only people in the US will be getting this ?

I suppose it wouldnt make sense to ask, what kinda time frame it may take to have it released to the masses ?
    Beta would be available worldwide. You just have to register on RIM's website and you've will receive OTA update.

Once, it passes Beta tag and make an official , it will pushed to everyone.

I can't comment on time frame.
    05-31-12 11:12 AM

I don't mind running pre-BETA version. Nothing can be buggier than the Dev Alpha and it's still quite useable!
    05-31-12 11:13 AM
    OI hae no wifi at home, so I am stuck at work intill it comes out
    05-31-12 11:16 AM
    OI hae no wifi at home, so I am stuck at work intill it comes out
    Thats ok i have to leave for work at 4pm so it wont come out until then
    05-31-12 11:37 AM
    waiting
    05-31-12 01:58 PM
    He just tweeted that "the blog post is done yada yada won't be long now" so probably next hour or two
    05-31-12 02:07 PM
    I hope the rush doesn't bring down the servers
    05-31-12 02:24 PM
    Oh,well if bla1ze says it's 508 then I believe that. His sources are THEE source.
    Good ol' Bla1ze was really close. Given the week or so since he made the prediction I'd say he was right on.
    glamrlama likes this.
    05-31-12 03:45 PM
    Hey xsacha is there any plans for rooting 2.1 Beta or even 2.0.x ?? And can i downgrade to other versions after updating to 2.1 Beta ?
    06-01-12 02:08 AM
    ANYONE can sign up and download it. ANYONE!
    take that apple!
    06-01-12 03:17 AM
    Hey xsacha is there any plans for rooting 2.1 Beta or even 2.0.x ?? And can i downgrade to other versions after updating to 2.1 Beta ?
    It's not a case of "making plans" to root an OS, it's a case of finding a usable exploit to root the OS. And I don't believe anyone has found a usable exploit.
    06-01-12 06:55 AM
200 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD