If the checkboarding can get straightend out I might use the Playbook a little more but new iPad has absolutely no checkboarding. Most of my sites have html5 so Flash is no issue for me anymore.
    05-22-12 03:30 PM
    Enough tweaking the UI. Just give me g-d-damn Folder support in the various apps. I mean move this device into the late 20th century already.
    I most definately second that. Proper imap implementation too. Oh yeah......and Skype
    05-22-12 05:25 PM
    If the checkboarding can get straightend out I might use the Playbook a little more but new iPad has absolutely no checkboarding. Most of my sites have html5 so Flash is no issue for me anymore.
    Turn java off unless you need it ... Then there is zero checkerboarding.
    lekhwani likes this.
    05-22-12 10:48 PM
    Can someone check if the check update is working. Mine's not as of the moment, so I guess they're already performing the updates on the server

Click to view quoted image
    How did you get the screenshot of your PlayBook? I'm still very new to my PB, I've only had mine since Christmas of last year.
    05-23-12 05:49 PM
    Press volume up and down at same time.
    nsectf likes this.
    05-23-12 07:28 PM
    Probably won't update to dev beta until early next week. Of course I really hope I'm wrong.
    05-23-12 07:59 PM
    Is a developer beta the same as an open/public beta according to RIM?

It is probably a stupid question, but I had the beta of 2.0 and don't remember if it was called a developer beta. I know it was for developers to test their Android apps, but it seemed pretty available to anyone who wanted it.
    05-24-12 11:26 AM
    I don't see why 2.1 would be any different. And yes the 2.0 wad a "dev beta".
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-24-12 12:52 PM
    i love my pb, but

it's actually quite pathetic how this browser is rated so high on HTML5 and it has so much checkerboarding. It's quite frustrating browsing sometimes.
    05-24-12 01:37 PM
    Turn java off unless you need it ... Then there is zero checkerboarding.
    sorry, but it still checkboards....
    05-24-12 01:42 PM
    I hope that the rumors of the new browser being built with cascades are true.
    05-24-12 01:52 PM
    Well they are just rumours, so very hard to garner any hope till something actually materializes.

I suspect a different 'front end' won't have a huge effect on speed but they might be more inclined to invest time into adding missing features.

J.
    05-24-12 02:24 PM
    i love my pb, but

it's actually quite pathetic how this browser is rated so high on HTML5 and it has so much checkerboarding. It's quite frustrating browsing sometimes.
    Well, it is rated high only in terms of functionality, not speed.

Maxthon 3.3.7 has the highest score on html5test, but it is the slowest browser in the world! Or at least it was when I was using it.

Goes to show that there is always a balance between features and speed.

The playbook browser is okay. Nothing special
    05-25-12 10:31 PM

Does your ipad remember all of of the pages in multiple tabs? I find it pathetic my ipad 2 doesnt.
    05-26-12 12:24 AM
    Press volume up and down at same time.
    Many thanks for sharing this titbit...... Tested it out at once
    I am very new to playbook family....~ 1month
    Also thank YOU Crackberry for the sideloading tutorials
    05-26-12 12:28 AM
    sorry, but it still checkboards....
    is there any way to solve this problem?

i have never see a whole flash in the internet except the Ad.....
    05-26-12 12:19 PM
    Call me crazy but the very brief amount of time that the checker boarding occurs doesn't bother me much at all.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-26-12 01:28 PM
    Call me crazy but the very brief amount of time that the checker boarding occurs doesn't bother me much at all.
    Doesn't bother me either. What does is the pauses or stalling for a period of time and general slow down or network errors until you reboot or clear all.
    05-26-12 02:20 PM
    Can't say I've experienced that. I alwaysd wipe before I update although that could have nothing to do with your issues.
    05-26-12 03:09 PM
    That's what I do also. I'll have to input this is while using bridge so it may be my carrier or the NOC, not sure. I'm not on wifi much.
    05-27-12 07:03 AM
    That's what I do also. I'll have to input this is while using bridge so it may be my carrier or the NOC, not sure. I'm not on wifi much.
    It's due to the fact that you're getting your connection through Bluetooth.
    05-27-12 08:42 AM
    It's due to the fact that you're getting your connection through Bluetooth.
    Now I don't use my phone to surf at all anymore since getting my PB. I have noticed lately though when the pb is acting up that my phones browser also does this. So I'm not so sure it is the bt connection unless many more experience the same thing. I'm thinking it is my carrier or the NOC that is causing it. I also get the same thing when using hotspot, bt off.
    05-27-12 09:35 AM
    Its very quiet on the old playbook update front isnt it ?
    05-27-12 11:18 AM
    IT wont be for much longer..there is only 4 days left in may. I just hope they dont hold too much back from the dev beta.
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-27-12 11:57 AM
    why cant they just say they're dropping the update (dev update u get the point) at the end of the month instead of "sometime in may" so we dont anticipate it evry day they've done the same thing with sonic episode 1 yet its still not out
    05-27-12 01:18 PM
200 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD