03-21-14 03:40 AM
    I have heard recently that the company is still producing Playbook OS updates.

So, actually that comes as no surprise to me at this point.
    03-21-14 03:43 AM
    rather have the version 3.0.0 some kind of BB10 version
    03-21-14 03:56 AM
    Incremental Builds? I wonder what they were trying to figure out that bumps the version up O_o
    03-21-14 03:56 AM
    1895 we already knew about and has been discussed here. 1917 is new.
    03-21-14 06:11 AM
    03-21-14 06:17 AM
    ↖(^ω^)↗

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-21-14 09:21 AM
    Really hoping this has a browser update as well as flash and security fixes, and that it is for the WiFi only version as well as the LTE version. Time will tell, I guess. I think all of the churn again about OS 10 for PB is not very likely, but then again, Pigs do very occasionally fly (Animals, 1977).
    03-21-14 05:03 PM
    Will never see anything close to bb10 on playbook. What we have is what it is.

domex likes this.
    03-22-14 07:16 AM
    News about BlackBerry wasting their resources on outdated hardware device?
    It is actually sad they (BB) are trying to please a tiny market of users in their time of being barely afloat.
    It’s a joke, right? …or it’s not??? We may never know.
    03-22-14 08:35 AM
    It is actually sad they (BB) are trying to please a tiny market of users in their time of being barely afloat.
    It’s a joke, right? …or it’s not??? We may never know.
    These updates aren't here for the small consumer segment of the PlayBook owners, but for the enterprise installations. There were a few police departments in Ontario and in the UK that adopted these about a year ago so it wouldn't be wise to abandon them.
    03-22-14 05:00 PM
    Will never see anything close to bb10 on playbook. What we have is what it is.

As I posted on the previous thread about the previous 1895 news: Logic suggests that the low-powered phones being developed for the international market have a low-powered-device-friendly version of BB10 being developed for them. This would be perfect for the PB, so it only makes sense that this new update is just that: A fork of the Z3-family codestream fit for the PB. Again, it only makes sense.

If I'm right, then the new OS will have whatever features are planned for the new devices; I'm certainly hoping for an updated Android player.
    03-23-14 06:12 AM
    It�s a joke, right? �or it�s not??? We may never know.
    Are you posting this from the point of view of a share holder, employee or customer? I'm guessing you would have a very different angle in if it was a product you currently use. This is why Blackberry have a difficult time staying "afloat" they're doomed if they do and doomed if they don't. If they do something based on a purely financial business stategy they don't listen to their customers. When they spend money building a better relationship with their customers and improving pr they are wasting the money which could be better off being spent on the person who's complainings particular device.
    El Bori likes this.
    03-24-14 06:34 PM
    As I posted on the previous thread about the previous 1895 news: Logic suggests that the low-powered phones being developed for the international market have a low-powered-device-friendly version of BB10 being developed for them. This would be perfect for the PB, so it only makes sense that this new update is just that: A fork of the Z3-family codestream fit for the PB. Again, it only makes sense.

If I'm right, then the new OS will have whatever features are planned for the new devices; I'm certainly hoping for an updated Android player.
    I don't thinking the same thing. Also, if BlackBerry has any aspirations to release a PB2 releasing updates to the current PlayBook would probably help coerce the people who feel left out with the no BB10 Decision.

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.2.1.1925
    03-24-14 06:44 PM
    See doing something with the the PB as a long term investment. I for one was borderline switching for my next upgrade. The whole saga for me was a bit too much to stomach, not bb10 not coming but dropping the tablet altogether. The roll out of bb10 was also very shaky for mobiles.
    Since then and the 10.2 update I now feel like I'm back working with a player in the market not a company that's on its last legs. Rectifying the big mistake of dropping the PlayBook by continued support installs enough confidence in me to make me want to be part of where the company is heading. My next device will be BB and if a new PB is released I will be interested in that. I want back to a full BlackBerry eco system which is where we were before. Many, many other people I know feel the same way. So not exactly a waste of money.
    Annoys the life out of me the constant putting down of the company whatever it tries to do. I've been pestering the gadget show on twitter about why they don't review blackberry products in the interests of fairness and the yesterday I saw this http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadge...ave-blackberry yet again another saving a sinking ship comment. Don't know why they can't focus on the product and leave the companies financial position out of it.
    So investing a little time and money into PB now secures future

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:26 AM
    So, it's Wednesday and no .1917 update coming through...sigh. Based on the build dates, I thought we might see something today. Silly me.
    03-26-14 11:07 AM
    Its a Canadian based company so there is still time for a Wednesday release. They've also released updates on Thursdays too.
    03-26-14 12:44 PM
    So, it's Wednesday and no .1917 update coming through...sigh. Based on the build dates, I thought we might see something today. Silly me.
    Apparently you don't appreciate the definition of "coming soon" as it applies to the playbook.

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.
    BB_Bmore and victorshikhman like this.
    03-26-14 04:02 PM
    Based on past experience, the 1895 would have been the one to drop this week. The 1917 still has another week left (usually two weeks after). Perhaps they decided not to drop 1895 in favour of 1917?
    03-26-14 05:37 PM
    Are you sure? That we are likely to get any PlayBook OS update

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:45 AM
    Are you sure? That we are likely to get any PlayBook OS update

Posted via CB10
    We aren't sure of anything, no. We simply know an update exists. Whether/when we'll get it is anyone's guess.

anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-28-14 09:07 AM
    I just hope these builds aren't just for the 4G model. That would **** me off!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-28-14 11:40 AM
    You more than likely have to pay for certification. They wouldn't bother certifying it if they didn't intend to release it to the public.
    03-28-14 02:21 PM
    I just hope these builds aren't just for the 4G model. That would **** me off!
    Thing is, an OS for the LTE/HSPA model is the same OS as the WiFi model, just with a radio bolted on to the end. Which can be removed and repackaged into an autoloader.
    03-28-14 05:13 PM
    Waiting to see if the LTE/hspa+ playbook software update will ever drop by.
    Nothing to display at yesterday conference call!!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 09:16 PM
40 12